Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DAG said:

If this is true, I can understand why I have egg in my face and apologize to the OP. I almost feel shameful getting reeled into insider information the last few days 

I will believe it when I see it too. Won't be the first time I've been wrong, but it seems any reporter can float any name out there and they all start reporting it as if they know something.

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

I will believe it when I see it too. Won't be the first time I've been wrong, but it seems any reporter can float any name out there and they all start reporting it as if they know something.

Seems like it is a done deal tbh 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gotta disagree. He is a pretty good coach and has had some pretty good results.  Not my 1st or 7th choice, but, if true, it's better than Gus, Steele, and Clark.

And he's still only 44 plus he's got some recruiting ties into Texas.  This is much better than where I thought we were heading.

A lot more optimistic now that I was two days ago.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

We have a coach who isn’t Bill Clark or Kevin Steele. Be thankful.

Well the key is the recruiters now. I am reading on him and I am liking what I see. Ready to get behind the hire 

image.gifThe Alternate uniforms coach Harsin will have AU storming out of the tunnel in. I’m for it and I’m much more on board with him than I would be with a Clark/Brown 

I can be okay with this. New blood. No ties to Auburn.  Only concern is recruiting in the south against the big boys of the SEC.... I'm on board. Thank God no Steele!

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yep, good coach, excited to see the staff he builds around him.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

An official end to the Malzahn era, lets go Coach Harsin and welcome to the plains

It’s a step up from Chizik and Gus for sure. Lets welcome him with open arms. We should be thankful it could’ve been much worse 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gotta disagree. He is a pretty good coach and has had some pretty good results.  Not my 1st or 7th choice, but, if true, it's better than Gus, Steele, and Clark.

No kidding. I wanted Mario and Napier but he is better than the most recent names. He is a winner. Let’s give him a shot. Can’t wait to see who he hires. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Amen. Hope Harsin pulls a fast one and fires Steele Day 1.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well the key is the recruiters now. I am reading on him and I am liking what I see. Ready to get behind the hire 

It will be very easy to see if this was a decent hire by the staff he brings. If it's a bunch of BoT guys, might as well fugget about it.

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lmao wtf are we doing

The just don’t think this guy has the name recognition around this area to recruit against Saban, Fisher, and Smart. But what else is new. We are destined to lose to them recruiting forever. So let’s just keep on being Auburn.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Urban Meyer coached in the MWC and the MAc before going to Florida.  Should everyone have crapped on him too?

I think a lot of people with this hire, especially myself, are a little down just for the simple fact that until we see that this guy is going to be able to make his mark on the program, it’s just gonna feel like a yes man that agreed to the PTB’s demands. My hope is that Harsin is allowed to build a staff and do things his way. I just don’t have a whole lot of faith in that at the moment. This is my biggest concern.

Archived