Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Urban Meyer coached in the MWC and the MAc before going to Florida.  Should everyone have crapped on him too?

Didn urban beat abalama in a bowl the year he left?

Pretty big difference vs losing a las Vegas bowl 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll reserve judgement until we figure out the coaches. If he is allowed to hire his own staff then I'm liking it a lot more. If he's just another "yes" man then it's gonna be a long couple of years.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The just don’t think this guy has the name recognition around this area to recruit against Saban, Fisher, and Smart. But what else is new. We are destined to lose to them recruiting forever. So let’s just keep on being Auburn.

my thoughts exactly. Do we have the worst/least heavy hitting coach in the SEC now?

My last year at Auburn, we were hiring a new coach and we were certain that we were getting Vince Dooley, then it was going to be Jackie Sherrill from Pitt, then Dan Reeves from the Dallas Cowboys.  We ended up with a coach who had just gone 6-5 at Wyoming.  Worked out pretty well, the field is named after him.  Give this guy a chance.

Just now, Mims44 said:

Now, let's all pretend to be excited...

I'm not pretending.  I AM excited.  This is a much better hire than many are wanting to give credit for.

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We have a coach who isn’t Bill Clark or Kevin Steele. Be thankful.

I'm thankful yet stunned.

Can't fault him for not knowing him.  Auburn doesn't do splash hires well so this was expected.  He is a proven HC and winner based on his coaching past.  Let's see what he can do 

My list was Kiffin, Mario, Napier.  After that I'm game with this dude.  Gotta see who he surrounds himself with to recruit though. Zero ties to the area usually doesn't get it done recruiting in the SEC.

He needs to make a "Dell McGee type hire" ASAP.  And by ASAP, I'm talking in the next 24 hours.  I have this feeling we have some fragile current players in addition to the pretty decent number of open spots we have in this year’s recruiting class.

2 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Didn urban beat abalama in a bowl the year he left?

Pretty big difference vs losing a las Vegas bowl 

No he didn’t. But he beat #19 Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Now, let's all pretend to be excited...

This coach has a better resume and is more proven than any coach Auburn has ever hired. Think about that. 

I'm just glad we've broken away from the Tommy Tuberville bloodline. It truly is a new day on the Plains.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Friends, he will be able to do what he wants with this program. 

If he has autonomy I'm in

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Hot? Not trying to be rude but she looks like... uh I don't wanna get banned but I've seen many similar in Bourbon Streets sketchier places.

That might be hot in the mid western states.   Just saying

RIR said that this is definitely AGs hire and not the boosters so that alone gives me hope. 

Archived