Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

I love Auburn and have followed this program since Dye.  If you thought we would make a splash hire when our record is Bowden, Tubs, Chiz and Gus...well, you haven’t been paying attention.  

This guy is better than where I thought we might end up so lets see where it goes.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Didn urban beat abalama in a bowl the year he left?

Pretty big difference vs losing a las Vegas bowl 

Harsin has won more NY6 bowl games than Malzahn and the same amount that Tuberville did during a 10 year tenure here.  Got a better argument?

Just now, Zeek said:

If he has autonomy I'm in

Just have a bit of a hunch. Can’t say for certain, but better to go in with optimism than to act like this is a 💩 hire. 

4 minutes ago, clwn said:

Amen. Hope Harsin pulls a fast one and fires Steele Day 1.

thats how we will know what autonomy Harsin has...by what happens to Steele now

I so hope he’s a super alpha. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You know this is the most proven coach Auburn has ever hired? 

Thank you!  All these people saying "We want a proven winner!"

Dude's been winning for 8 years.  And he's just 44.

Just now, bigbird said:

QB developer!!!!

Why are people so upset? We all wanted a certain coach but under these circumstances it is amazing we even got someone with his credentials to look at us. 

This is what happened when Gus got hired. We all flipped our sh*t and then slowly everyone started to get on board. 😂😂. Screw it. At least he’s a new face. Go Team!

4 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Now, let's all pretend to be excited...

Man can coach.   If he is given the chance that Gus was given (8yrs) you will see a better product on the field 

Considering the way this search has gone.. and all those guys looking like clowns.. a surprising hire... welcome Coach and hopefully he will be able to build his own staff amd show Steele the door. 

This is better than hiring Steele or Clark.  Seems like a no nonsense kind of guy.  I never thought Saban would fit within the culture at LSU.  Evidently he will be coaching these young Auburn men.  Hope he will bring stability that is much needed.  

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

QB developer!!!!

Chris Peterson was my number one pick. This guy might actually be the brain that was driving Boise st. 

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Friends, he will be able to do what he wants with this program. 

image.gif

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

QB developer!!!!

Uh huh!  Go look at the Broncos vs Jets game this year.  Denver had to use a rookie QB from Boise.  Dude lit it up.

Just now, AuMarine said:

Considering the way this search has gone.. and all those guys looking like clowns.. a surprising hire... welcome Coach and hopefully he will be able to build his own staff amd show Steele the door. 

Honestly I was starting to really get worried we were gonna hire Neal brown. I won’t be sold until we see if he has autonomy and can build a good staff that can compete in recruiting especially, if not, we may get eaten alive. Thankful it’s not Steele or Brown and will def give harsin a chance. Really hope the PTB doesn’t pull anymore crap.

Archived