Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

A92A472F-C586-4A4C-990E-81281266025C.jpeg

Auburn Head Coach Bryan Harsin
"I'm incredibly excited and humbled for the opportunity to be at a place like Auburn University. I knew it would take a special opportunity to get me out of Boise and Auburn is exactly that, the chance to compete at the highest level for one of the greatest programs in college football. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the coaches and players in the Southeastern Conference, but am ready to help build a foundation at Auburn where we can consistently compete for championships. I want our program to make Auburn proud both on and off the field with consistent excellence. I'm very grateful to Allen Greene and Dr. Gogue for this opportunity. Kes, our kids and I can't wait to meet the Auburn family and get to work! War Eagle!"

Auburn Director of Athletics Allen Greene
"We are thrilled to welcome Coach Harsin to the Auburn family. He's a proven winner whose record speaks for itself. Coach Harsin impressed me with his detailed plan to lead Auburn to consistently compete for championships in the Southeastern Conference. I'm grateful to Gen. Burgess, Quentin Riggins and each member of our advisory committee for their commitment to Auburn during this process. We look forward to welcoming Bryan, Kes and their children to the Plains to introduce them to the Auburn family."

Auburn President Jay Gogue
"We started the search with two goals. We want a coach who will lead our team to consistently compete at the highest levels and to make Auburn proud on and off the field. We found both in Coach Harsin. 

Our search was diligent and thoughtful, and it is unfortunate that so much misinformation was spread in recent days about the process. I appreciate the leadership of Athletics Director Allen Greene and the hard work of members of our search advisory group. Welcome, Coach Harsin, to the Auburn family."

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to Harsin's pressers at Boise... Man am I just glad to have someone with some personality and opinion. He's no Mike Leach but I dig it so far

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

Listening to Harsin's pressers at Boise... Man am I just glad to have someone with some personality and opinion. He's no Mike Leach but I dig it so far

I do love me some Mike Leach interviews. 

17 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Oh look.... Yet another thread on Harsin

I see one thread saying we are closing in on him and this one welcoming him. 

thanks for commenting though. WDE

19 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

War Eagle! and Welcome Coach Hardin!  Welcome to SEC recruiting CBH.  It’s a totally different animal!!!

Coach Hardin😂

I don't like what I'm hearing right now, hopefully it changes but it looks like part of the deal was he was gonna have to keep Steele, that could change but right now it looks to be that way.

21 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

War Eagle! and Welcome Coach Hardin!  Welcome to SEC recruiting CBH.  It’s a totally different animal!!!

That's good because Hardin is a totally different coach from Harsin. :big:

(I know it was spell check) 

Just now, autiger88 said:

I don't like what I'm hearing right now, hopefully it changes but it looks like part of the deal was he was gonna have to keep Steele, that could change but right now it looks to be that way.

Can't imagine wanting to stay if I was Steele but I'm not so...

Just now, gr82be said:

Can't imagine wanting to stay if I was Steele but I'm not so...

Yeah I hope he really  doesn't want too, I hope Harsin is given complete control. 

How much longer does Steele have until he qualifies for the Alabama state retirement?  If it’s just one year, maybe they’re asking to keep him on one year and then he can let him go?

Archived