Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I like the hire. I’ve been very critical of Greene for a while but he damn sure saved AU from hiring Steele. 

It’s past time to move on from the good ole boy network. 

Also, Napier and Clark never got offers. Napier wanted 6 plus million and AU laughed at him and moved on. Clark called and asked to be interviewed. As far as that went. 

Two outside guys are in the power positions of HC and AD. This is a good chance to bust up PTB. If Harsin wins and Green sticks around, it could happen.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to hear what the players and prospective recruits who waited to see who our new coach would be have to say about our new coach.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I like the hire. I’ve been very critical of Greene for a while but he damn sure saved AU from hiring Steele. 

Also, Napier and Clark never got offers. Napier wanted 6 plus million and AU laughed at him and moved on. Clark called and asked to be interviewed. As far as that went. 

This makes sense on Napier. I’ve posted a few times but be backed out of USCe because they wouldn’t give him $5m+ and he wanted to bring his current staff and give the top 5% salaries. 

He seems like a guy who’s not remotely understanding what he is worth. Tennessee will pay him though. 

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Still waiting to see the staff choices

I think Steele has been a good DC and wouldn't mind him staying for that reason, but I don't want him around causing discord if he was indeed guilty of that. That is not how we start a new era.

I truly hope this is the break we need from our boosters. However I wonder if we simply kept going down the list to find the first coach willing to accept Steele on staff and limited autonomy on hires. I hope this isn't the case

I'm excited about this hire.  Was not on the Mario bandwagon.....he recruits well but gameday coaching is not so great.  3-2 this year and defaulted into the PAC-12 championship game.  Lost to 2 bad teams this year....Gus beat him last year - AU had a true freshman at QB...he had a 1st round pick.  All of the other options had warts as well.  Too close to UAT & Saban, recruiting/hooker issues, etc.  Meyer, Stoops, et al were NEVER coming here!  Leave Muschamp alone and get who he wants at AU.  Even if Steele is innocent of all charges, CBH needs a clean start for 2021.  So much talk about new beginnings....well here we are!!! Embrace it!!! 

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU needs to bite back on PR a little bit, then. Maybe just a simple line from Greene: "contrary to popular belief, this was the ONLY candidate we offered."

54 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

To all of you on here, I genuinely want to know. Why do.you think he's a good hire? He's coming from the mountain west. That does not equal SEC success. What makes you think he's any better than malzahn was?

I thought it was established that anybody was better than Malzahn well before he was even fired.  😝 FTR, he has a better and more proven Track record than any of the other names that were even mentioned. 

Help me out here, who was the coach that had proven SEC success that we were supposed to hire?

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I still can't believe the name was never mentioned until 11:59PM before a midnight hire. Makes me wonder what, if any, of the previous nonsense was true.

Excited for new blood, new energy, new philosophies.

You answered your question.

the know it alls knew nothing and chased whatever rabbit was thrown out

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

going to be interesting to not have a run up the middle on a 3rd and long. 

Lmao!!!

It ain’t funny if it ain’t true...

• ellitor unlocked and unlocked this topic
23 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Any word if keeping Steele was part of the agreement? 

• ellitor changed the title to Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)
26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good for Auburn. 6 plus million? Hahaha

• RunInRed featured and unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Hope my man can recruit. We should figure that out soon I would expect. @ellitorstill some guys waiting on the hire to commit, correct?

@Barnacle No. We had some committed guys waiting on the hire to then sign. We did lose one today though, transfer Eric Wilson expecting to be a real NFL Prospect. He’s likely to end up at LSU.

First video I saw of him in a press conference tonight he said:

“They don’t have class in the morning and they’re just sitting in bed? Why aren’t you up here studying film?? And they wonder why they don’t play”

Hell yeah coach. Ready to run through a wall baby.

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

His first big test will be in Happy Valley. Can’t wait. 

I’m back to having a real vested interest in the program now. Thanks Bryan!

No vests allowed. 

24 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

AU needs to bite back on PR a little bit, then. Maybe just a simple line from Greene: "contrary to popular belief, this was the ONLY candidate we offered."

Pres Gouge did on his statement. 

Archived