Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

Just now, AURealist said:

I think folks are just tired of Auburn's low-T, 'awww shucks' coaching style.  

LMAO. Wait that's true

I'm outta'  likes.

Anyone have a press conference time yet?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second year at Boise State

9-4

Beat Washington and Virginia

Won bowl game 55-7

15 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

To all of you on here, I genuinely want to know. Why do.you think he's a good hire? He's coming from the mountain west. That does not equal SEC success. What makes you think he's any better than malzahn was?

You are a broken record. STFU and read the threads. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Damn. A shot at Gus and the current staff, coming out guns HOT. 

I'm guessing this isn't as widely known as I thought, but Mark Jennings is a satire/parody account.  Coach Harsin didn't say this.

16 minutes ago, bodagetta said:

Just my impression of Harsin: He is an alpha. He may keep a few on the staff, but will bring in some of his own choices as well. And most importantly, will not take $#!+ from the PTB's! 

We shall see. I hope so, guess we’ll find out soon. 

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

I'm guessing this isn't as widely known as I thought, but Mark Jennings is a satire/parody account.  Coach Harsin didn't say this.

Oh well, still funny af. 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

First year at Boise State

12-2 won MWCG by double digits

Won the Fiesta Bowl 38-30 over P5 Arizona

Finished #16 in the polls outscoring their opponents 556-375

I think I read where he spanked

Oregon one year when Mario was the ducks coach👍

I am very happy with this hire. His teams played very hard and he developed some really good players while being very competitive playing outside his teams ability. It's not Mario but I'm ready to get behind him. 

War Eagle, Coach Harsin! Let's do this! 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Second year at Boise State

9-4

Beat Washington and Virginia

Won bowl game 55-7

First year beat Mario Cristobal right? 

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I admittedly was pretty irritated when I saw the hire, but some of you guys made some good point and I did a little research. Sounds like a good coach. I’m very scared about recruiting though.

It’s interesting looking in on another,  my new home is bama but from AR,  fan base.  From the outside Auburn gets recruits because it’s Auburn.  That and we all a$$ume the boosters,  but seriously recruiting should be the least concern here.  We are still touting the 64 team,  Auburn has high recent success,  is seen as a top program that kids want to come to.  You now have a hot up and coming name,  seen as a guru,  that players love.  I just don’t see recruiting as being a worry for you guys.  FYI AR sports media is saying big hire.

10 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Can we stop using the term alpha every other post with this guy. Jesus. Like... what is the sudden fascination with this term?

Kind of a beta take on it, but okay...

I’m excited about this hire. No Saban disciple. No ex-headcoach retread.  Fresh to the SEC with something to prove. Has had a successful career so far, and wants to prove he belongs among the best. 

Let’s go!

welcome to the family, Coach. 

2 minutes ago, Gulfcoast713 said:

It’s interesting looking in on another,  my new home is bama but from AR,  fan base.  From the outside Auburn gets recruits because it’s Auburn.  That and we all a$$ume the boosters,  but seriously recruiting should be the least concern here.  We are still touting the 64 team,  Auburn has high recent success,  is seen as a top program that kids want to come to.  You now have a hot up and coming name,  seen as a guru,  that players love.  I just don’t see recruiting as being a worry for you guys.  FYI AR sports media is saying big hire.

In a lot of ways Auburn does sell itself.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sold on that aspect yet, but he's apparently a driven recruiter and that can cover up a lot of holes. 

I just want to know two things:

1. Can he get us some damn OL that are more than just "try hards". I want 4 and 5 star type OL. And more than just 2-3 per class. 

2. Can he coach up a QB. 

1. Hope he can find a good OC.
2. Hope he can find a Quarterback Whisterer who can either beat Bo into shape of get Davis on track.
3. Hope he can outbid LSU for Muschamp.

So the haters aren’t gonna talk about how he’s consistently put 2 stars and 3 stars in the NFL? I think Boise State was 1 of 9 programs that had an early entrant picked in the draft every year since like 2010. I also believe Boise State has the most NFL players from a non-P5 program. 

Simply put. The Gus Bus haters and most of the Negative Nancies on these boards have always complained that Auburn couldn’t develop players. Well guess what, we got one with a proven track record of developing talent. Let’s see what he can’t do before you try to burn down JH.

1 minute ago, AURex said:

1. Hope he can find a good OC.
2. Hope he can find a Quarterback Whisterer who can either beat Bo into shape of get Davis on track.
3. Hope he can outbid LSU for Muschamp.

1. He's kind of an OC already... just needs a good recruiter at OC

2. He kind of is a quarterback whisperer himself

3. Pass. Go get Derek Mason instead.

He left his Alma mater so he's looking for a challenge. He has an offensive background which is obviously the future in the SEC..

Winning background. An outsider. 

Has a Texas background and can pull guys and QBs he needs for his offense. 

Not KS. Not who the boosters wanted. 

I'm officially stoked. 

Bryan who is called Bryan. 

14 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Can we stop using the term alpha every other post with this guy. Jesus. Like... what is the sudden fascination with this term?

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

AB Frat.png

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

1. He's kind of an OC already... just needs a good recruiter at OC

2. He kind of is a quarterback whisperer himself

3. Pass. Go get Derek Mason instead.

Muschamp = Mason >> Steele

I would be happy with either

Archived