Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Is that.... is that really how it's seen by others?

My first thought was, this dude is obviously confident in his abilities and willing to bet on himself to get an SEC gig. So if he had to agree to ridiculous PTB terms X, Y, and Z he will, because he believes he can overcome the hamstringing.

We'll see who he hires. I don't think a guy would leave his hometown, alma mater, and dream job for a political mess.

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/lee-from-out-of-the-blue-auburn-goes-with-a-new-plan/article_bed9a658-44c8-11eb-aaa8-2b0ffccd6aa0.html

Auburn’s going with a new plan.

Bryan Harsin laid out that plan, Allen Greene said, at some point during this roller coaster coaching search. Sometime between constant calls and back-and-forth dealings, Harsin put forth the details of how he would move Auburn football forward. Greene left the meeting impressed.

Later he came back with the offer Harsin needed to put that plan in motion.

This is a new pathway: Harsin comes to Auburn from out of the blue, having made a name out on the smurf turf of Boise State, but having never coached in the SEC. Auburn hasn’t hired a head coach that wasn’t a former Auburn assistant in this millennium. It hasn’t hired someone from outside the SEC for as long as anybody can remember.

Auburn’s trying to blaze a new trail.

The gamble calls for new ideas from a fresh face to try to unlock more of Auburn’s potential.
Harsin has plenty to learn about the SEC. He’s moving from the Mountain West to the best division in the best conference in football. There will be little margin for error, because this isn’t a rebuild. Auburn hasn’t had a losing season in eight years and Harsin’s plan, Greene said plainly, detailed how he would lead Auburn to “consistently compete for championships in the Southeastern Conference.”

Auburn searched across the country for a coach that could bring Auburn to that level. Others have tried to copy The Process with Nick Saban assistants, who still have never beaten Saban at Alabama. Auburn could have sold itself for the brand-name home run, especially after the search crawled into its ninth day.

But instead, Auburn decided to go in a direction that’s all new, and completely different for the school. No one on the Plains saw this match coming, because it isn’t the old Auburn way.

Only a few know what’s in that plan that Harsin unfurled in front of Greene. It’ll surely take advantage of Auburn football’s resources and capabilities — standing as one of few programs in an ever-diminishing number that can actually contend for the national championship.

It surely takes a bet on bringing some of Harsin’s ideas from corn-fed football out in Boise to the land of giants in the SEC.

But whatever the plan is, it’s an all-new direction for Auburn, which seemed so desperate for one not long ago.

Harsin’s here now, and he’s brought his big plans with him.

Now for Auburn it’s about action.

Of all the candidates discussed on here (aside from pipe dreams like Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer), he actually has the best record as a head coach. I'm not optimistic yet, but I'm definitely not pessimistic. For sure curious and ready to give him a chance.

1. Jumping in on this thread because I can’t find our coaching search thread. Wanted to see how many pages we got on that thread. Anybody know?

2. I’m optimistic about this hire. It’ll be good to have fresh ideas in the program.  I think his offense will see some success. I’m really interested in the people CBH surrounds himself with. That’ll tell you a lot about the leader he is.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

If he said that, I’m not sure what he’s trying to accomplish by saying that. Maybe propping up our players?

I wouldn't pay attention to a Twitter profile with no picture and writing in all caps.

20 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You are a broken record. STFU and read the threads. 

That guy is a troll, ignore.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If he said that, I’m not sure what he’s trying to accomplish by saying that. Maybe propping up our players?

Confidence and truth to talent . No more solid four loss season behavior 

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

1. Jumping in on this thread because I can’t find our coaching search thread. Wanted to see how many pages we got on that thread. Anybody know?

2. I’m optimistic about this hire. It’ll be good to have fresh ideas in the program.  I think his offense will see some success. I’m really interested in the people CBH surrounds himself with. That’ll tell you a lot about the leader he is.

1. ~375 or so

2 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Has Lil Mook confirmed this yet? That’s the real question here! 

E0A87361-28AA-426C-B052-82B5D0612480.png

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We'll see who he hires. I don't think a guy would leave his hometown, alma mater, and dream job for a political mess.

Agreed, that it'll become clear when staff is announced.

But leaving all that, if you are a confident, and very competitive HC... That makes tons of sense. Stringing together a bunch of 10 win seasons at Boise? You'll be thought of highly... in Boise.

You do that at Auburn, you are gonna be known by everyone, nationally. 

I’d be curious to see which coaches are retained. I’m cautiously optimistic, but it also has the feel of bringing in someone that accepts the powers that be refusing to buyout all the other coaches. Therefore, the HC would have to be ok with not being able to bring in his own folks.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

1. He's kind of an OC already... just needs a good recruiter at OC

2. He kind of is a quarterback whisperer himself

3. Pass. Go get Derek Mason instead.

Agreed....  Get Dell as OC (in name only)...awesome recruiter.  Then go get Muschamp or Mason as your DC.  Both very good with Defense and can recruit and get elite talent on that side of the ball.  Keep TWill and bring TRob in with Muschamp if that is the choice.  Keep Caddy as your RB coach.  Who should the OL and DL coaches be to go along with these guys?

22 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Damn. A shot at Gus and the current staff, coming out guns HOT. 

which conference????

7 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

is mason as good of a recruiter as muschamp?    

Mason is a very good recruiter. Maybe not quite on par with Muschamp, but he's a good one. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I wouldn't pay attention to a Twitter profile with no picture and writing in all caps.

Gotcha. It’s hard sometimes to separate the factual tweets from the fictional ones. 😂

1 minute ago, roe4christ said:

Agreed....  Get Dell as OC (in name only)...awesome recruiter.  Then go get Muschamp or Mason as your DC.  Both very good with Defense and can recruit and get elite talent on that side of the ball.  Keep TWill and bring TRob in with Muschamp if that is the choice.  Keep Caddy as your RB coach.  Who should the OL and DL coaches be to go along with these guys?

Searels and Rocker

Archived