Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go all the way back to THE MAN Shug. My stance is and always shall be. “The king is dead. Long live The King”. If all is true, welcome Coach Harsin. WDE !!!

3 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

How much longer does Steele have until he qualifies for the Alabama state retirement?  If it’s just one year, maybe they’re asking to keep him on one year and then he can let him go?

Why should we coddle this Benedict Arnold one more year! Hell, he’s making close to 2 million a year! And he needs to max out on his retirement pension?

New face, I like his demeanor and approach. Proven winner in a smaller conference...OC and QB developer during Petersens run as HC at Boise. Not the splash I was expecting,  but a solid hire. Definitely an outsider,  which is a plus. 

Just now, jluvah said:

Why should we coddle this Benedict Arnold one more year! Hell, he’s making close to 2 million a year! And he needs to max out on his retirement pension?

Not saying I agree with it I’m just asking if that’s the “excuse” they my use to justify keeping him.  I know he’s close in qualifying.  Again, I’m not saying I agree with it.  I would like to clean house honestly.

2 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I go all the way back to THE MAN Shug. My stance is and always shall be. “The king is dead. Long live The King”. If all is true, welcome Coach Harsin. WDE !!!

Me too WT. The last time I saw Shug in person was running into him in a Department Store in Auburn one evening after I had graduated. He was one of the good guys.

Started researching him and he was OC of the Boise State team that upset Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.  However, for you guys that love spread offenses, zone reads and inverted veers, Boise ran more of pro set back then.  Will carry my research farther to ascertain what type of offense Boise runs now.

Auburn Head Coach Bryan Harsin
"I'm incredibly excited and humbled for the opportunity to be at a place like Auburn University. I knew it would take a special opportunity to get me out of Boise and Auburn is exactly that, the chance to compete at the highest level for one of the greatest programs in college football. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the coaches and players in the Southeastern Conference, but am ready to help build a foundation at Auburn where we can consistently compete for championships. I want our program to make Auburn proud both on and off the field with consistent excellence. I'm very grateful to Allen Greene and Dr. Gogue for this opportunity. Kes, our kids and I can't wait to meet the Auburn family and get to work! War Eagle!"

Auburn Director of Athletics Allen Greene
"We are thrilled to welcome Coach Harsin to the Auburn family. He's a proven winner whose record speaks for itself. Coach Harsin impressed me with his detailed plan to lead Auburn to consistently compete for championships in the Southeastern Conference. I'm grateful to Gen. Burgess, Quentin Riggins and each member of our advisory committee for their commitment to Auburn during this process. We look forward to welcoming Bryan, Kes and their children to the Plains to introduce them to the Auburn family."

Auburn President Jay Gogue
"We started the search with two goals. We want a coach who will lead our team to consistently compete at the highest levels and to make Auburn proud on and off the field. We found both in Coach Harsin. 

Our search was diligent and thoughtful, and it is unfortunate that so much misinformation was spread in recent days about the process. I appreciate the leadership of Athletics Director Allen Greene and the hard work of members of our search advisory group. Welcome, Coach Harsin, to the Auburn family."

5 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Started researching him and he was OC of the Boise State team that upset Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.  However, for you guys that love spread offenses, zone reads and inverted veers, Boise ran more of pro set back then.  Will carry my research farther to ascertain what type of offense Boise runs now.

That year and game all the talk was about the Statue of Liberty play they ran to beat them! It was played like the kick 6 for a while maybe not as big  but it was something they replayed.

I am 100% fine with this hire as long as the PTB let’s him build a staff and put his mark on the program. If he doesn’t succeed then it is on him, don’t hinder his chances to succeed with handcuffs.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I am 100% fine with this hire as long as the PTB let’s him build a staff and put his mark on the program. If he doesn’t succeed then it is on him, don’t hinder his chances to succeed with handcuffs.

This times a million.

His decision on Steele will determine if I support this. Immediately ditching Steele and garner will get respect and show who is in charge, keeping them on staff shows he is just the 1st person to agree to be a puppet. 

Just now, AUGunsmith said:

His decision on Steele will determine if I support this. Immediately ditching Steele and garner will get respect and show who is in charge, keeping them on staff shows he is just the 1st person to agree to be a puppet. 

I mean lets be totally honest. What DC out there right now is that much better than KS, regardless of the rumors. I am looking at who steps in and makes that happen. Bo Pellini? 

1 minute ago, AUGunsmith said:

I agree. Welcome Coach! War Eagle!

May not be the sexy hire people wanted but, he worked under Chris Peterson. He's been a winner. Coming to the SEC with no SEC experience isn't ideal but you can either coach or you can't. Solid hire that can work. Getting a good staff around him will mitigate some early issues.

2 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

I mean lets be totally honest. What DC out there right now is that much better than KS, regardless of the rumors. I am looking at who steps in and makes that happen. Bo Pellini? 

You kidding about Pellini right? Please tell me you are.

Archived