Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

2 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

I mean lets be totally honest. What DC out there right now is that much better than KS, regardless of the rumors. I am looking at who steps in and makes that happen. Bo Pellini? 

I'll gladly take a lesser DC who isn't a POS over Steele. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AU-Allen said:

I mean lets be totally honest. What DC out there right now is that much better than KS, regardless of the rumors. I am looking at who steps in and makes that happen. Bo Pellini? 

I mean no players came out to defend him, other recruits saw all of this. I just don’t see how you keep him on staff, not to mention the failed coup to get him the job. I just don’t see any way you keep him on staff without there being some kind of toxicity.

2 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

CKS screwed himself with these rumors that he undermined Gus. If he wouldn’t have done that much more people would’ve been open to it I believe 

Welcome Coach Harsin! Wishing you nothing but great success, while here on the Plains of Auburn!!!  WAR EAGLE!!!!!

The boosters paraphrasing Hyman Roth in Godfather II:
“I'm
 going to take a nap. When I wake up, if Steele and Garner are still here, I'll know I have a partner. If they aren’t, I'll know I don't.”

Just now, DAG said:

CKS screwed himself with these rumors that he undermined Gus. If he wouldn’t have done that much more people would’ve been open to it I believe 

I mean I never thought something would make me feel bad for Gus, but that did. I mean they didn’t even do a jetgate for a hot name coach, they asked a 62 yr old with a 9-36 record lol

5 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

You’d be a fool to keep a scheming backstabber on staff. If Steele remains the PTB would have won and made everybody like it. 

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I am 100% fine with this hire as long as the PTB let’s him build a staff and put his mark on the program. If he doesn’t succeed then it is on him, don’t hinder his chances to succeed with handcuffs.

Me too, but a lot remains to be seen. I imagine he will have little to no control over AU football. That’s most likely the same reason no well known coach wanted to touch the job. Seems like a desperation hire to me, which is exactly what I expect from Auburn now. Leadership is broken and pathetic. Maybe a guy from the Mid west and 1 year at Arky State will prove me wrong, but trust me not a single school in the SEC is concerned about this hire. Good luck to him and whatever temporary staff he brings in. I do look forward to seeing what they can do to improve our recruiting class before signing day in February. Looks like a long number of irrelevant years of AU football coming. Hope I am so damn wrong!! 

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I am 100% fine with this hire as long as the PTB let’s him build a staff and put his mark on the program. If he doesn’t succeed then it is on him, don’t hinder his chances to succeed with handcuffs.

The more I read up on him and watch interviews/pressers, the more I love this hire. But again, only IF he has full control of hiring/firing his staff. If not then its just another "yes man" that Auburn doesn't need. We need a culture change and I'm hopeful that Harsin is it. War Eagle and I'm pumped for Auburn Football again!

31 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So glad we lost $21,000,000 and a recruiting class over this. 

If the money & recruiting class means we have an AD making his own decisions then I’m all for it. 

16 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

That year and game all the talk was about the Statue of Liberty play they ran to beat them! It was played like the kick 6 for a while maybe not as big  but it was something they replayed.

Statue of Liberty Play

it was ballsy and fantastic 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Love the words from Coach Harsin!

So interesting President Gogue even entertained the “misinformation “ 

With that being said , excited for the future 

according to Caldwells column "the reports of coaches being told what assistants they could and couldnt fire or hire were false! Napier and Clark were never offered the job, Napier had discussions with Auburn but an offer was never made Clarked called Auburn himself but was never considered to be a candidate. Venables was a legit candidate but he decided over the weekend to stay at clemson. Harsin was the most impressive candidate when it came to interviews

Ron on 247 is now trying to spin it as to why Harsin got the nod over Steele

11 minutes ago, Tony87 said:

May not be the sexy hire people wanted but, he worked under Chris Peterson. He's been a winner. Coming to the SEC with no SEC experience isn't ideal but you can either coach or you can't. Solid hire that can work. Getting a good staff around him will mitigate some early issues.

Fair observation....when Saban went to LSU he had no SEC experience. Don’t be hung up on that. Fresh blood, new ideas. I love it!

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s beyond me that people want him and Garner still around after that bush league hostile takeover bull**** they tried to pull. I don’t want them anywhere near the program. 

1 minute ago, KnightTiger said:

according to Caldwells column "the reports of coaches being told what assistants they could and couldnt fire or hire were false! Napier and Clark were never offered the job, Napier had discussions with Auburn but an offer was never made Clarked called Auburn himself but was never considered to be a candidate. Venables was a legit candidate but he decided over the weekend to stay at clemson. Harsin was the most impressive candidate when it came to interviews

Ron on 247 is now trying to spin it as to why Harsin got the nod over Steele

More trash from 247. 

Archived