Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

Just now, TigerTaz said:

Wrong 

If the PTB don't meddle.  Here's to hoping they mind their own business.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

Phillip Marshall needs to retire. Mr. Misinformation 

Yeah.  I think some of these guys are on Bama's/Georgia's payroll.

6 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

What a disaster

This guy is a troll.  Ignore

21 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

If Stat says it, it has to be true! WAR EAGLE!

If he turns out to be legit, Allen Greene may be one of the biggest heroes in Auburn's history.

2 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

You pay 21 million dollars for gus to leave only to hire a guy with no p5 head coaching experience? I bet you think 4 losses is a solid year 

Say that to the new coach's face. I want to see if you like his response. Twidiot...I love that word.

40 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I am 100% fine with this hire as long as the PTB let’s him build a staff and put his mark on the program. If he doesn’t succeed then it is on him, don’t hinder his chances to succeed with handcuffs.

If what I read about the PTB wants to keep Steele, Garner and Williams this hire may be the hire to fit that bill because a cursory review of BSU current staff especially the linebackers, DL (DCs) are not near SEC ready and Harsin may keep our current 3 coaches because of their experience and familiarity recruiting the southeast area.  The offensive line coach at BSU and will give Harsin another opportunity to add a guy that can recruit the southeast area.  Still need to review the other assistants qualification.  But be afraid if Harsin said he wants to bring the BSU staff to auburn.

31 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s beyond me that people want him and Garner still around after that bush league hostile takeover bull**** they tried to pull. I don’t want them anywhere near the program. 

Maybe all that bush league hostile take over bull**** wasn’t actually real and the so called “insiders” were spreading misinformation. There was a lot of that going on the past couple of days.  

15 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

This is almost identical to our hiring Dye from Wyoming in '81 except our program was in way WAY worse shape in '81.

I may be one of the biggest Dye supporters on here, but this guy has a much stronger resume than Dye had - let's be honest, this guy Hardin is a freaking WINNER!

- My only reservation is can he select and offer a couple of key coaches to stick around to help with recruiting?  

- Can he attract a DC who can recruit?

- Can he walk in a room and compete with Smart?

This is the most accomplished coach of all that we heard interviewed INCLUDING CRISTOBAL.  

Wow.   I was not excited at first, but the more I dig, the more I like.

last year they ran the ball 229 times and tossed it 222 times.  

Welcome Coach Harsin!!!!

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

If what I read about the PTB wants to keep Steele, Garner and Williams this hire may be the hire to fit that bill because a cursory review of BSU current staff especially the linebackers, DL (DCs) are not near SEC ready and Harsin may keep our current 3 coaches because of their experience and familiarity recruiting the southeast area.  The offensive line coach at BSU and will give Harsin another opportunity to add a guy that can recruit the southeast area.  Still need to review the other assistants qualification.  But be afraid if Harsin said he wants to bring the BSU staff to auburn.

Is this Twitter or uninformed opinion?

Can we merge or lock some threads? The board is a little chaotic right now lol.

A better title for this thread would be something like:
Bryan Harsin Named Auburn Head Coach

Come on mods @bigbirdy'all are slacking we need all hands on deck lol

Just now, Tony4AU said:

Welcome Coach Harsin.  MAGA - Make Auburn Great Again.  War Eagle 🦅 

I get the sentiment, but NO to the rebranding of MAGA.  It already has a questionable, at best, and I'm being nice, connotation.

• bigbird locked and locked this topic
Just now, AUDub said:

Going to be interesting transitioning back to a pro-style offense. 

That's a nice way to put it.

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping for a smooth transition.

Archived