Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Going to be interesting transitioning back to a pro-style offense. 

going to be interesting to not have a run up the middle on a 3rd and long. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Kevin Steele be the indicator as to whether Hardin has control over hiring his own staff? At this point seeing Steele in the Staff after January 2nd would indicate that people other than the coach are in control

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

That's a nice way to put it.

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping for a smooth transition.

Remember how well 2012 went? Yikes

Just now, AUDub said:

Well Boise opted out of a bowl so maybe he can come observe. 

Then he should!  The sooner he can speak, and start to form a relationship with the players the better it will be.

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

That's a nice way to put it.

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping for a smooth transition.

He's was a pretty solid play caller when he was an OC. Going to be rough early on though yeah. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

...please continue

You're the best ❤️

Just now, shabby said:

Remember how well 2012 went? Yikes

Eh Loeffler. Leaving it at that. 

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Any of the Twitter followers see what the players are saying?

Kam said he likes the hire, and 2 commits said they're ready to go! You can look in the thread Maverick posted, I posted some twitter links in there.

I am guessing he will hit the ground running tonight, or first thing in the morning on the coordinators. I am also assuming he will have a nice salary cap for bringing in talent in those spots. My guess is he brings his OC with him, but we shall see.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Going to be interesting transitioning back to a pro-style offense. 

Seems like this has been a down year for BSU, but here's an article: https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article247974435.html

"The defense came up with red-zone stand after red-zone stand, but the offense — which came into the game No. 1 in the Mountain West with 36.2 points a game — never got into a rhythm.

The Broncos had just 79 yards of offense to their credit late in the first half and went into halftime with just 118. They finished with 12 yards on the ground and 233 total yards, and they went 3-for-15 on third down. Quarterback Hank Bachmeier was under pressure all day, and he finished 20-of-41 for 221 yards. Running back Andrew Van Buren finished with 26 yards on 11 carries."

Landing coach Harsin looks like a good hire. 7-5 in 1 year at Arkansas State. 69-19 in 7 years at Boise State. Total of 76-24 plus he's 3-2 in bowl games.

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Will Kevin Steele be the indicator as to whether Hardin has control over hiring his own staff? At this point seeing Steele in the Staff after January 2nd would indicate that people other than the coach are in control

IMO yes. Auburn needs to pull from bowl and go ahead and give this man the keys. Let him fire and hire whoever and then we can start the new year completely fresh. 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Kam said he likes the hire, and 2 commits said they're ready to go! You can look in the thread Maverick posted, I posted some twitter links in there.

Here you go...

12 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

And just in case Kam's first tweet wasn't confirmation enough!

24 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

22 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Archived