Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

IMO yes. Auburn needs to pull from bowl and go ahead and give this man the keys. Let him fire and hire whoever and then we can start the new year completely fresh. 

Play the bowl game, he can then observe what he has for a few practices.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

On a side note, how the hell was Peter Thamel the one to break this news????

No doubt.  No one liked it when I said news was per him.  

Just now, Tony4AU said:

I could see him observing quite intensely this next week 

Needs to be building his staff and out on the recruiting trail. Doesn't need to watch Kevin Steele lead some half-ass 5 day practice before a bowl game.

We SHOULD opt out and he should start installing his culture.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He may hate us but the guy does have connections. 

Great hire! Proven winner. Hungry to prove himself on the big stage. Knows how to be a head coach. He’ll do great at AU. Offensive mind. Interested to see who he hires to build his defense. 
War Eagle coach. Welcome to AU!!!

I look for coach Harsin to maje5 changes on the staff. We need a new WR coach and a new OL coach. Bicknell didn't do as well as we thought we would. I'm sure he'll see we need help on defense as well.

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

well, as they say, even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

Just now, Zeek said:

Needs to be building his staff and out on the recruiting trail. Doesn't need to watch Kevin Steele lead some half-ass 5 day practice before a bowl game.

We SHOULD opt out and he should start installing his culture.

Nah I'd prefer to play. Kids would too I imagine. CBH will have time to get things in place before spring ball. Assuming we have spring ball. 

Is that this clearly wasn't a good ol' boy hire. I don't think Jimmy Rane's tentacles reach Idaho. 

Harsin is a guy with clearly NO ties to our program, and not beholden to any booster. Know what other hire fit that bill? Bruce Pearl.

I genuinely do believe this is a good hire. A SNEAKY good hire. But even if you don't agree, you can at least take solace in the fact that our voices were heard, and the ptb appear to have been humbled.

Maybe things are changing for the better in the power circles.

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Will Kevin Steele be the indicator as to whether Hardin has control over hiring his own staff? At this point seeing Steele in the Staff after January 2nd would indicate that people other than the coach are in control

Absolutely. If Steele is retained then this guy is just a new and improved errand boy under the control of the ptb. If he blows up the staff and brings his guys in/strategic new hires, then we know he’s running the show and I’ll be both cautiously optimistic and respect him for it.  

This is kinda funny. Dude is alpha  and petty. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Absolutely. If Steele is retained then this guy is just a new and improved errand boy under the control of the ptb. If he blows up the staff and brings his guys in/strategic new hires, then we know he’s running the show and I’ll be both cautiously optimistic and respect him for it.  

I dunno man. Seems like he'd be the kind of guy that wouldn't put up with someone trying to coach from the backseat. 

Hope that's true. 

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

This is kinda funny. Dude is alpha  and petty. 

Jake Holland sighting lol. 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Is that this clearly wasn't a good ol' boy hire. I don't think Jimmy Rane's tentacles reach Idaho. 

Harsin is a guy with clearly NO ties to our program, and not beholden to any booster. Know what other hire fit that bill? Bruce Pearl.

I genuinely do believe this is a good hire. A SNEAKY good hire. But even if you don't agree, you can at least take solace in the fact that our voices were heard, and the ptb appear to have been humbled.

Maybe things are changing for the better in the power circles.

Still too early to tell, but let's hope so!

Archived