Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I strongly disagree but hope you are right. I expect to se no better than 8-4 for at least  years considering where we are now,

Key is we're going to have to exercise some patience here. He has his work cut out for him. Next 2 years will probably be a little rough. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admittedly was pretty irritated when I saw the hire, but some of you guys made some good point and I did a little research. Sounds like a good coach. I’m very scared about recruiting though.

I still can't believe the name was never mentioned until 11:59PM before a midnight hire. Makes me wonder what, if any, of the previous nonsense was true.

Excited for new blood, new energy, new philosophies.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

This is going to be a bit like going from go karts to Formula 1 though. Hope he can adjust.

Yeah, I feel like I said earlier, if he gets the right assistants to get the guys on board, he’s the coach with the ability to seal the deal. He’ll need some help navigating and developing relationships in the south. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I admittedly was pretty irritated when I saw the hire, but some of you guys made some good point and I did a little research. Sounds like a good coach. I’m very scared about recruiting though.

There's a lot to be concerned about, yeah. There are good things too though. 

I’m a “twittidiot” and I am about to tweet a thanks for thinking outside of the box to Allen Greene. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was worried about recruiting,  but a lot of posters , media  and twitters are saying he has a strong eye for talent and recruits to his needs.   To me that is more important than recruiting number of stars.    Win and the recruits will come.

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Key is we're going to have to exercise some patience here. He has his work cut out for him. Next 2 years will probably be a little rough. 

Probably true, but it's so hard when all our rivals are kicking our @$$, and widening the gap between us and them.

Guess that's why patience is a virtue.

17 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Is that this clearly wasn't a good ol' boy hire. I don't think Jimmy Rane's tentacles reach Idaho. 

Harsin is a guy with clearly NO ties to our program, and not beholden to any booster. Know what other hire fit that bill? Bruce Pearl.

I genuinely do believe this is a good hire. A SNEAKY good hire. But even if you don't agree, you can at least take solace in the fact that our voices were heard, and the ptb appear to have been humbled.

Maybe things are changing for the better in the power circles.

It does seem that the already “unhappiness” of us fans and graduates reached a fever pitch and it seems may have been heard.

28 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Sheesh so my thread got locked, geez. Not a good start to his tenure as far as threads I create go 😂

One of my very few post was on your thread. 
my new name is ThreadKiller. I apologize Maverick. 

2 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Probably true, but it's so hard when all our rivals are kicking our @$$, and widening the gap between us and them.

Guess that's why patience is a virtue.

Either way, he's our guy. I'm underwhelmed by the hire, but am firmly in his camp. He deserves nothing less than that from all of us. 

I'm not expecting a clean sweep. No need to freak out about it.  Harsin will weed them out through retirement and/or attrition (they find a job elsewhere). Otherwise, it is clear as sunshine this guy is an alpha male. He is energetic, outspoken. Several situations happened this fall that got him in the mood to seek greener pastures and a bigger challenge.

I said yesterday that I was going to refrain from posting here for awhile and I fully intend to take a break but I have to say how excited I am to welcome Coach Bryan Harsin to the Auburn Family! This is a great hire and Coach Harsin is the coach Auburn University deserves. I predict huge success for Auburn under his leadership!

Merry Christmas everyone and I will be back in 2021. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Eagle!

:AUBig:

1 minute ago, sw6146 said:

Wasn’t Harsin ...... 🤦‍♂️ 🐑 

Uh he was the OC in that game. 

1 minute ago, sw6146 said:

Wasn’t Harsin ...... 🤦‍♂️ 🐑 

Uh, yes, he was in fact the OC

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Is that this clearly wasn't a good ol' boy hire. I don't think Jimmy Rane's tentacles reach Idaho. 

Harsin is a guy with clearly NO ties to our program, and not beholden to any booster. Know what other hire fit that bill? Bruce Pearl.

I genuinely do believe this is a good hire. A SNEAKY good hire. But even if you don't agree, you can at least take solace in the fact that our voices were heard, and the ptb appear to have been humbled.

Maybe things are changing for the better in the power circles.

That’s a great point!  CGC and CGM were clearly JABA.  CBH seems like a good coach and an outsider.   I’m very interested in who he hires as assistants!   We should be set up for success in 2021, and that should help him get a jumpstart in recruiting.  

Archived