Jump to content
Null

Should we go after Muschamp?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

With exception to Travis Williams I want coaches that have never been here before. Im just Sold on TWill. Not a coordinator though. 

I’d also be good bringing caddy back. He’s a great recruiter with experience recruiting in our states, which someone coming from outside the southeast is going to need. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mason is my dream right now. He could wreck s*** here. 

To elaborate, Muschamp absolutely will bolt when he inevitably gets another head coaching opportunity. He's a liability on the sideline and his defenses share the same level of discipline. Sure, it's

We should let Harsin hire who he believes is best for the job.

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I’d also be good bringing caddy back. He’s a great recruiter with experience recruiting in our states, which someone coming from outside the southeast is going to need. 

Caddy is one of my top 3 favorite players ever at Auburn. I still love the guy. But I love him because he’s the Cadillac. I don’t know if he’s an asset as a coach or not. I don’t know how to make judgment on his coaching. If CBH wants him, I’m all in on keeping him. TWill is different. He elevated the LB position as soon as he got the job and has continued to be a superb coach. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Caddy is one of my top 3 favorite players ever at Auburn. I still love the guy. But I love him because he’s the Cadillac. I don’t know if he’s an asset as a coach or not. I don’t know how to make judgment on his coaching. If CBH wants him, I’m all in on keeping him. TWill is different. He elevated the LB position as soon as he got the job and has continued to be a superb coach. 

 

I'm good with former players being involved with the program, but not as coaches, unless they're skilled in that regard.  As you said, we don't know if Cadillac is an asset as a coach.  We know he's an asset if we could put a jersey on him, and let him play, but we have no idea if he can competently impact his wisdom into incoming kids.  We expect coaches to recruit talented players, and then coach them to play college football.  Having played at Auburn previously does not equate to being able to recruit or coach.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I trust coach to bring in someone to fit the bill, but Caddy would probably help ease the thoughts of the RB room.  I will be a nervous wreck with the transfer portal lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pass. If we are to do a clean break from our current staff then cut all ties to former coaches as well. Fresh start everywhere.

On a side note, T-Will is one of my favorite coaches hands down. Caddy just got started and will be a good RB coach for a long time... War Eagle coaches!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shabby said:

It seems coach Boom won't have any head coaching offers for awhile. Would he be interested in an offer to come back as a coordinator? Would this be a good hire if so? Seems we need someone that is quality and woukd get recruits. Thoughts?

qCGr2md.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I hope he’s going to keep some of the current staff.  Caddy and TWill and hopefully maybe a few others.  We need some continuity.  No use in getting rid of coaches if they are the best you can find.  

They’re not the best you can find though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize it is fun to speculate and have an opinion, but just hours ago folks were saying the coach should have the freedom to hire his staff.  Now we are saying who he should or should not hire.  Assuming he has staff control I feel certain he has ideas and preferences about filling out his staff and doubt he will seek fan suggestions in doing so.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tigers23 said:

If there is going to be any former AU players on the staff, it needs to be Dell McGee.

If there are zero former Auburn players with very little experience left on the coaching staff, that’s when I’ll believe our new coach is an actual change for the better. Otherwise, get ready for Steele to remain as DC, Kody Burns to coach the offense and another laugher of a coaching search in three years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

I realize it is fun to speculate and have an opinion, but just hours ago folks were saying the coach should have the freedom to hire his staff.  Now we are saying who he should or should not hire.  Assuming he has staff control I feel certain he has ideas and preferences about filling out his staff and doubt he will seek fan suggestions in doing so.

Yeah. Kind of duplicitous how some who were building the gallows a while ago to dispense with "meddlers", and jacking up posting counts, now voice strong opinions on how Auburn Head Coach Harsin should operate his program and with whom. It IS only a discusson board afterall, mostly for entertainment purposes I guess. Fun for most to speculate, but hopefully it is a new decade for AU in AD and HC empowerment - for the benefit of AU.

Edited by AUx
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Mason would be best but you guys are crazy. The reason the defense had a pulse the last few years was because of him and that was just with a summer worth of work

I agree and have said that from the start. He came in and changed the culture of our defense. I really think KS rode the coattails of that culture change and a lot of the major recruits Champ brought to AU. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarEagle2423 said:

I agree and have said that from the start. He came in and changed the culture of our defense. I really think KS rode the coattails of that culture change and a lot of the major recruits Champ brought to AU. 

He absolutely did and as those muschamp recruits dwindle so did the effectiveness of our defense

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cole256 said:

He absolutely did and as those muschamp recruits dwindle so did the effectiveness of our defense

There’s a reason LSU wasn’t that upset about us taking him from them. Props to him for his time here though. I just think it’s time for us to move on from him, and I think we can find better. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarEagle2423 said:

There’s a reason LSU wasn’t that upset about us taking him from them. Props to him for his time here though. I just think it’s time for us to move on from him, and I think we can find better. 

Yep and they didn't really have a drop off when he left. With them it's always can they get the talent on defense. It was never losing him as coach

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

I realize it is fun to speculate and have an opinion, but just hours ago folks were saying the coach should have the freedom to hire his staff.  Now we are saying who he should or should not hire.  Assuming he has staff control I feel certain he has ideas and preferences about filling out his staff and doubt he will seek fan suggestions in doing so.

This....If the fans are making suggestions, can you imagine what the boosters are doing.  I’d like to see who his candidates for his assistance are to see if he has a modicum of autonomy without interference.  We may not see that.  If Steele is still the DC, we know what’s up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...