We missed our shot

DivisionN

Whoever hires Hugh Freeze or snags Kiffin away from Ole Piss is going to do very well. We will be fighting from behind and wondering why we did not do the obvious thing and hire one of these guys. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

Whoever hires Hugh Freeze or snags Kiffin away from Ole Piss is going to do very well. We will be fighting from behind and wondering why we did not do the obvious thing and hire one of these guys. 

I wouldn’t get hung up on a name just because it’s a familiar one. The new guy has a good resume and wants to compete. We need to get behind him. 

Hard pass on both. Hugh has too much baggage and Lane just doesn't have the loyalty you'd like to see from a guy you'd be paying as much as he'd be asking for. Not to mention he's too much of a clown for my taste. CBH wasn't on my radar at all and I still don't feel the excitement I did when I thought Napier was coming on board. But his resumè is impressive and I like his energy. I wouldn't get too hung up on what could've been. Theres no guarantee that anyone was going to be a slam dunk. 

Not sure why all the rage over kiffin, While he is a mouth he really has yet to settle in and prove himself. As for Freeze just as stated way to much baggage at the moment. We shall see what the future hold but I am not that high on either of those guys. Same with Crystoball just haven't seen himself really prove himself.  This coach has yet to prove himself at this level. But I don't see why he can't have success if he is able to find the right system and coaches. 

No thanks . I don't want hooker gate 2.0 at Auburn or always having to look over your shoulder to see if Kiffen isn't looking at the head coaching job boards. Freeze might be a great fit at Liberty but didn't have the best record at Ole Miss. Yes I know he beat bama but if that's the only thing we base our season on we have low expectations. We need to raise our ceiling and raise our brand. I think this new coach can help and shoot some much needed energy into our program. Time will tell though.

2 hours ago, DivisionN said:

Nope. Those dirtbags could beat us every time and their being separate from this university would still be a plus. Unlike Pearl, Freeze has zero remorse and Kiffin is just all about Kiffin.

I was never on board with Kiffin or Freeze. I think they are good coaches, but what has EITHER ever done to put them head and shoulders above even Gus? I'll tell you NOTHING. 

We needed someone new. Someone who wasn't in this ridiculous SEC coaching circle. I am sick of the retreads and the same ole same ole.

I would have been happy with Napier. I am happy with Harsin.

Give him a little time, let him build the program and just enjoy it. No more gimmicks. No more weird stuff. He may be great, he may be avg, but it feels good to do something different and get out of this retread circle jerk.

Agree but MC not the other two.

All that said, best of luck to BH, I’m  gonna give the new guy a chance.  He seems solid on paper - let’s see what he can do.

Remember, it could have been A LOT worse ...

I originally wanted Mario; Saban disciple, o line developer, etc... Same thing with Napier. I also would have loved to have had Kiffin, if for no other reason than watching him troll Saban. But, he would have left us in a heartbeat. 

the more i research Harsin, the more I like him. He has fire, he’s intense. A Boise fan called him an arsehole. We need that. Saban can also be one. This is a great hire, IMO. And one that is outside the box,  not the usual suspects. 

29 minutes ago, placekicker said:

A Boise fan called him an arsehole

That will be interesting. Hopefully he becomes a fan favorite a-hole in a different way than Saban. We can tell more when the staff hires begin. If he keeps the members of the "magic kingdom" then we know what we have, but if he cleans house then we know he ain't a puppet

4 hours ago, DivisionN said:

Freeze and his 21 infractions at Ole Miss is not welcome in the SEC.  Whatever school hires him better be very well prepared to be under a microscope.  I want a Coach that had both sides of the ball playing at a high level, not Kiffin who doesnt even field a defense and has to score 50+ to win every week.

4 hours ago, DivisionN said:

No one in the SEC can hire freeze period. The SEC office already stated that to UT. That should speak volumes about Freeze. 

5 hours ago, DivisionN said:

I like Kiffin but he’s yet to prove he can win in SEC on consistent basis or field a good defense. He would be a good hire but not exactly a sure thing. Any coach we would have hired the same way. Freeze really only sure fire slam dunk out there.. but comes with baggage. 

37 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No one in the SEC can hire freeze period. The SEC office already stated that to UT. That should speak volumes about Freeze. 

Freeze's show-clause penalty has expired. 

5 hours ago, DivisionN said:

Hard disagree. Kiffin and Freeze both have loaded baggage that I would not anywhere near a program. The way Kiffin threw his dad under the bus at USC was completely despicable.  He is cocky and whines when things don't go his way; his attitude isn't funny or cute.  Freeze will always be associated with scandal. In both cases, the lack of cognitive self-realization is disturbing. It isn't a one off flaw; it is an issue to the core.  If you want to get rid of the "little brother"/cheater persona that seems to hang over the Auburn program, you can't go with either one of these coaches. Are they talented? Yes, but the damage they can do to the program reputation wise for outweighs the benefit. 

You need someone that is going to lead and be straight forward with communications.  If you think that Kiffin or Freeze would improve the transparency that has been sorely lacking in this program, then I have a bridge to sell you.

7 minutes ago, Scottie said:

You need someone that is going to lead and be straight forward with communications.  If you think that Kiffin or Freeze would improve the transparency that has been sorely lacking in this program, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Great post!

33 minutes ago, TeganInbama said:

Freeze's show-clause penalty has expired. 

It has but the SEC has let it be known that should anyone hire Freeze at this point, they would wish they hadn’t . Get the drift?

6 hours ago, DivisionN said:

yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

This is a good hire. First year might be bumpy, but I think we’ll be consistently competitive and well coached.  I don’t think we’ll be in dog fights with Jacksonville State or get whipped by a lousy South Carolina team during this tenure.  

45 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

CLK: He has done nothing but s*** all over the place and leave wherever the hell he has ever gone. 
CHF: He is the last of the Great NCAA Scofflaws. With Auburn's distant history and CHF's current history, I would give you a solid 80% that Auburn would be back on probation in 3 years if he was hired. 

Like it or not, CBH is our guy, my guy, THE AUBURN GUY. If the OP cant quit whining and get behind him, the team, and the University, then F'him.

I am DKW and i support this message.... :tease:

Archived