Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I'd like to see our defense run a 3-4 or 4-3. Other teams runs those and it works for them.

While teams officially call these their base defense, nobody really runs these defenses anymore. With so many teams rubbing 3-4 wide receiver sets, most teams use a 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 more often than what they “list” as a base package.

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Who’s this guy?

DB coach at the Dolphins. Worked with Harsin at ArkySt. He is rising quickly through the coaching ranks. He's very well thought of by many in the profession.

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

DB coach at the Dolphins. Worked with Harsin at ArkySt. He is rising quickly through the coaching ranks. He's very well thought of by many in the profession.

I looked him up as well. Of course it’s all about recruiting talent . He could sell his pro experience to get kids in and to the pros in 3-4 years . 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I looked him up as well. Of course it’s all about recruiting talent . He could sell his pro experience to get kids in and to the pros in 3-4 years . 

If selected, his time in Miami will help open things in that area too.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If selected, his time in Miami will help open things in that area too.

Would it be a DC job or secondary coach? Robinson from SC needs a home , so does champ . That would create incredible support in the sunshine state on the recruiting trail 

10 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

What did Steele do?

Many people, including some on this site, are still running with the gossip that Steele conspired to overthrow Malzahn by convincing defenders to suck against Bama and play well against Miss State. Really brainy stuff.

10 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

What did Steele do?

Nobody knows anything for sure, but there is a rumor of Steele’s involvement in a coup with at least one Auburn power broker (Rane) oust Gus Malzahn and have Steele take over as head coach.  Other assistant coaches (Garner) are rumored to have been involved as well.  Supposedly, this was initiated back in 2018, but it’s unclear who approached whom with this idea or how far things got.  It appears that Rane or someone closely connected to him was the information source for 247 Auburn beat writers after Malzahn’s termination and that’s why they were so certain that Steele was going named head coach.  Of course, there was much backlash over this (#stopSteele) among the regular Auburn folks, which appears to have swayed things and resulted in the decision-makers going in a different direction.  

I’m not sure how much of this is accurate, but this is the gist of what I’ve gleaned from various source.  Also, without knowing what’s accurate, I don’t want to besmirch Steele’s or Rane’s or Garner’s names, so take this with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

Nobody knows anything for sure, but there is a rumor of Steele’s involvement in a coup with at least one Auburn power broker (Rane) oust Gus Malzahn and have Steele take over as head coach.  Other assistant coaches (Garner) are rumored to have been involved as well.  Supposedly, this was initiated back in 2018, but it’s unclear who approached whom with this idea or how far things got.  It appears that Rane or someone closely connected to him was the information source for 247 Auburn beat writers after Malzahn’s termination and that’s why they were so certain that Steele was going named head coach.  Of course, there was much backlash over this (#stopSteele) among the regular Auburn folks, which appears to have swayed things and resulted in the decision-makers going in a different direction.  

I’m not sure how much of this is accurate, but this is the gist of what I’ve gleaned from various source.  Also, without knowing what’s accurate, I don’t want to besmirch Steele’s or Rane’s or Garner’s names, so take this with a grain of salt.

Especially agree with last paragraph above.  A lot of info you get can be from "sources" who do not have to verify the accuracy of the information.    At that point other people begin to run with it and is seems almost everyone is in agreement that it is factual.  Do not want to form opinions or formulate plans based on hearsay or rumors.

47572571-16076021321890085.jpg

9 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Would it be a DC job or secondary coach? Robinson from SC needs a home , so does champ . That would create incredible support in the sunshine state on the recruiting trail 

Would be nice to get T-Rob back

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Many people, including some on this site, are still running with the gossip that Steele conspired to overthrow Malzahn by convincing defenders to suck against Bama and play well against Miss State. Really brainy stuff.

That’s dishonest of you...no one believes that.  

49 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Especially agree with last paragraph above.  A lot of info you get can be from "sources" who do not have to verify the accuracy of the information.    At that point other people begin to run with it and is seems almost everyone is in agreement that it is factual.  Do not want to form opinions or formulate plans based on hearsay or rumors.

47572571-16076021321890085.jpg

Would it be reasonable that if those “facts “ are stated and confirmed by different and independent persons, past and present, one could draw a reasonable conclusion that the majority of what was reported is indeed true. Especially when those reports were from past and present players, former coaches and beat writers, as well as persons on this site who, have in the past, given reliable information. If you say that past coaches, beat writers, or coaches have an axe to grind, that’s understandable but what could Red or any of the other reliable people on here have to gain by confirming what was reported?

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Would it be reasonable that if those “facts “ are stated and confirmed by different and independent persons, past and present, one could draw a reasonable conclusion that the majority of what was reported is indeed true. Especially when those reports were from past and present players, former coaches and beat writers, as well as persons on this site who, have in the past, given reliable information. If you say that past coaches, beat writers, or coaches have an axe to grind, that’s understandable but what could Red or any of the other reliable people on here have to gain by confirming what was reported?

No. Only if Rane, Garner, or Steele come forward with a public statement confirming that the “rumors” are in fact true can we say that the scenario played out as has been reported, lol

Just now, fredst said:

No. Only if Rane, Garner, or Steele come forward with a public statement confirming that the “rumors” are in fact true can we say that the scenario played out as has been reported, lol

image.gif

48 minutes ago, fredst said:

And what fantasy world are you living in that someone that may have been involved with something like this would come forward and say anything?   That is completely crazy to think.     I’m not saying it happened or didn’t happen, but I sure wouldn’t wait around for the ones who were supposedly involved to come out and say, yea I did it 

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:
2 hours ago, fredst said:

And what fantasy world are you living in that someone that may have been involved with something like this would come forward and say anything?   That is completely crazy to think.     I’m not saying it happened or didn’t happen, but I sure wouldn’t wait around for the ones who were supposedly involved to come out and say, yea I did it 

Sarcasm alert....

That was exactly my point. A lot of connected people saying it happened but it will always just be a he said/he said situation...

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

That’s dishonest of you...no one believes that.  

Really? This is the case against Steele:

1. His D got trounced on the road by Bama's excellent O.

2. His D then looked good at home against Miss State's less than excellent O.

3. Malzahn got fired. 

3. Influential insiders "reportedly" wanted Steele to be strongly considered for HC.

4. The same rumor mongers that lied about candidates being interviewed (unless you think our Auburn Prez lied about them being liers) spread the "traiter" theory for the gullible and the naive. 

Anti-"Steele FOR HC" feeding frenzy was a welcome sight IMO but unfortunately the mob bled into this baseless personal accusation of his "being a traitor" and even not being a solid DC. And the "everybody knows blah blah" without more only works with the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately that group are not always exactly critical thinkers, so now...now...he does need to move on.

38 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Really? This is the case against Steele:

1. His D got trounced on the road by Bama's excellent O.

2. His D then looked good at home against Miss State's less than excellent O.

3. Malzahn got fired. 

3. Influential insiders "reportedly" wanted Steele to be strongly considered for HC.

4. The same rumor mongers that lied about candidates being interviewed (unless you think our Auburn Prez lied about them being liers) spread the "traiter" theory for the gullible and the naive. 

Anti-"Steele FOR HC" feeding frenzy was a welcome sight IMO but unfortunately the mob bled into this baseless personal accusation of his "being a traitor" and even not being a solid DC. And the "everybody knows blah blah" without more only works with the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately that group are not always exactly critical thinkers, so now...now...he does need to move on.

That's certainly one less-than-plausible scenario that you're using as a straw-man.  There were different camps of different sources with different info. 

I agree with most of your last paragraph.  As far as your timeline, I question when the decision was made to fire Gus.  Also, the people first claiming dirty deeds by our boosters, are not necessarily the ones making any claims about Clark.  The Clark stuff came out after there was blood in the water and made no sense whatsoever.

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

the only person I can see that was involved and may be willing to talk would be Malzahn. 

IF  Steele did all that, Gus  would likely be angry and have no reason not to say it was true.    If Steele didn't do any of that,  Gus is too good of a person to lie about something that important and ruin Steele's rep.   and would likely say so.  Either way Gus most likely would just keep quiet.  

@fredst I’m going to pose this question to you because we seem to have the same line of thought on the situation (and my last comment about it in this thread because this thread is about potential coordinators). The one’s who are accusing those reporting alleged nefarious activities from Steele, Garner, and the boosters keep coming back to this site to get information, why would they do that? The owner of this site, Red, is one of the reporter’s of said activity, if these deniers don’t/won’t believe what he reported about the coup plot, then why would they believe any of the other reports from here? Why not read the regurgitation from al.com? Seems to be a little masochistic or just looking for an argument. 

Archived