Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

On 12/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, drewzums343 said:

Who should CBH hire as his coordinators? Assuming he does have autonomy.  I had a few in mind. 

D coordinator 

1. Will Muschamp- He's an SEC insider who can help CBH adjust to the conference. 

2. Andy Avalos- Didnt get mario but maybe we could poach his DC, worked with CBH at Boise.

3. Kevin Steele- He's a solid D coodinator but I think we need to clean house if we are changing the culture in the locker room

4. Travis Williams- I think Coach T will would be a good option but like I said, we should clean house from Gus's staff.

O Coordinator

1. Jeff Lebby- OC at Ole miss under kiffin, formerly the OC at UCF when they ranked top 5 in the NCAA 

2. Eric Kiesau- If he decides to pull what Malzahn did with Lashlee and bring his OC with him

3. Kendal Briles

4. Mike Bobo 

Thoughts? I think any coach in the SEC needs solid coordinators assuming he lets them do their jobs unlike Gus. 

Muschamp will jump ship at the first HC opportunity even if it is Fond du Lac Tribal Community College in Cloquet, Minnesota.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

No to Will Muschamp and no to Mike Bobo.

But you say David Pollack and Matt Stinkcomb?   Not that I would like him, but Bobo is a proven coach.    I’ve seen enough of Muskrat at Auburn already.   

The more I think on it the more I want Garner to stay. He has consistently recruited great DL at Auburn and even this year when all the rest of the recruiting tanked we still pulled in a really good DL class. That’s hard to do with no head coach. We have lacked elite pass rushers and that is concerning. But maybe hire an DE coach to help in that area and just have one secondary coach. 

The stuff about plotting against Gus is all hearsay and even if it is true what does it mean? He may have entertained a conversation about staying employeed at AU after Malzahn was fired?? I don’t buy for a second he was ever giving less than 100% to AU and this football program and it being successful. 

Hope Harsin gives him a strong consideration of staying on through the transition. 

Happy New Year guys! Excited about this next era of Auburn football 🎉🎉

32 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

No to Will Muschamp and no to Mike Bobo.

And yet, you suggest Pollack and Stinchcomb...

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Looks like Auburn and LSU are looking at some of the same guys for OC.   Hopefully the guy that CBH wants doesn’t get grabbed by LSU first 

Who?

On 12/27/2020 at 1:31 PM, TigerTaz said:

Yes it’s not hard for head coach to take some time to coach QBs. 

Spurrier and Jimbo Fisher both were QB coaches in addition to being head coaches.

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I think it's a matter more of how Harsin likes his offense built to run his style of plays. It could be the OL he needs is not what Bicknell is used to coaching. 

We never really got to see Bicknell fully utilize his teaching coming in for only 1 year, and having to coach the OL that were already recruited before he got there...

I think we have no clue at any of the coaching positions what Harsin really wants..or already has ready to bring in..

The trade off is, if he likes bringing in HIS guys.. most are Boise or western coaches...and do they want to uproot their families...but for sure..for a better pay day. Money talks in this profession...but that's a long way to come for it...

I think the major difference between auburn currently blocking and Boise style of blocking is a Auburn currently uses the 3 step slide blocking and what I seen on Boise is they appear to use the 5 step slide blocking concept mostly.

21 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I think the major difference between auburn currently blocking and Boise style of blocking is a Auburn currently uses the 3 step slide blocking and what I seen on Boise is they appear to use the 5 step slide blocking concept mostly.

I can do the two step, but I can’t block worth a darn.

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Looks like Auburn and LSU are looking at some of the same guys for OC.   Hopefully the guy that CBH wants doesn’t get grabbed by LSU first 

Are you implying that we may go after the UO Ducks’ OC who happened to work with Joe Brady?

I suspect Harsin's coordinators are in the NFL or still coaching... 

He also has to 'visit' with  our coordinators after the game on Friday.

Kellen Moore to Boise, right?

I think you’ll start hearing several assistants named after the game tomorrow. Probably already done just waiting to get game out of the way. Like in 2015 or 16 Birmingham bowl gus announced he hired Kevin Steele about the same time I got to my car after the game. 

15 hours ago, Gr82batigr said:

Are you implying that we may go after the UO Ducks’ OC who happened to work with Joe Brady?

No.  They are looking at Grimes and Longo too.   There is a connection with the Oregon OC

Coach Harsin should announce a coordinator tonight. Take the nasty taste out of everyone's mouth and get the ball rolling in recruiting.

I don't care whose feelings get hurt or who transfers. Clean house.

Just now, Zeek said:

Coach Harsin should announce a coordinator tonight. Take the nasty taste out of everyone's mouth and get the ball rolling in recruiting.

I don't care whose feelings get hurt or who transfers. Clean house.

That's tricky if they're still coaching

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Do whatever it takes to keep Tank.

He's not leaving.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's tricky if they're still coaching

True. Luckily all the games are almost done.

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Heck, take his time and do it right. No rush. 

I'm 100% sure he's had this list in mind for a minute. You don't make that jump unless you do.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

He's not leaving.

True. Luckily all the games are almost done.

I'm 100% sure he's had this list in mind for a minute. You don't make that jump unless you do.

Everyone has a list. Doesn't mean they're willing (or able) to make the move immediately.

No take his time and get it right otherwise if it ends up wrong you will rake him over the coals. If it’s tonight and right so be it, if not the search goes on. Listening to his in game interview he seems like the type to methodically build things the right way, and that may not be on the clock of us here.

Archived