Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I understand he has a brand but I sure wish he’d keep to himself. Just feels like we’re all gonna get our hopes up.

Yup, by wanting to pump out a show daily he's in a tough spot. Same reason 24/7 news coverage has ****** journalism 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zeek said:

Yup, by wanting to pump out a show daily he's in a tough spot. Same reason 24/7 news coverage has ****** journalism 

Feels eerily similar to MC.

If I'm going to hire someone, I'm not going to hire for a name. I am going vet everyone. I mean specific X's and O's, situational calls, all the way down to how his marriage is, his kids, what kind of dog he has, EVERYTHING. I would want to make THE BEST HIRE to make the BIGGEST immediate impact for MY program. 

That takes time. I look at this as a measured approach that is very thorough, not a desperate move to hire who everybody thinks I should hire. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Feels eerily similar to MC.

To be fair I still think MC happens without interference but yeah I get that vibe too.

Damn though give me Dell McGee as RB coach and recruiting coordinator and Marcus Freeman as DC and we'd be rolling.

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Terry Crews?

Just now, Zeek said:

I still think MC happens without interference but yeah I get that vibe too.

He was absolutely coming here barring some really unfortunate situations all at once. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Dell McGee is always a name. I just don’t ever see it happening. That’s based off literally nothing but my opinion. Lol

I think you'd have to give him some nice titles. Co-OC would make sense and definitely recruiting coordinator. 

52 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’d think that’d certainly help keep Tank in the fold.  Dell is also a BEAST of a recruiter. I’d be super stoked for him to come to AUburn. 

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Eh, I get it but he was replying to someone asking about Dell. His name is always out there with Auburn 

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

I’d think that’d certainly help keep Tank in the fold.  Dell is also a BEAST of a recruiter. I’d be super stoked for him to come to AUburn. 

Considering UGA is his transfer destination (if he left) yes it would all but lock him down.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think you'd have to give him some nice titles. Co-OC would make sense and definitely recruiting coordinator. 

Definitely both. I could see him leaving for an OC position but don’t know how he’d operate under the title. He’s already Assistant Head Coach at UGA. I think he enjoys UGA and that’s why he’s still there. 

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Dell was always wanting to come home, but Gus burned that bridge and he would not coach with Gus.

Can you elaborate any further? Did not know about this. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, WVR said:

Can you elaborate any further? Did not know about this. Thanks.

Basically when he was an up and coming coach he made  it pretty clear being at Auburn was a dream job and Gus wouldn’t even give him the time of day.   Quick summary.

20 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Basically when he was an up and coming coach he made  it pretty clear being at Auburn was a dream job and Gus wouldn’t even give him the time of day.   Quick summary.

Damn, Gus made some f*****g epically bad staff decisions, lol

4 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Just to put some things into perspective. Prior to Harsin the rumors where EVERYWHERE. Leak after leak after leak that were all untrue. Now that Harsin is here there’s literally nothing. Makes you wonder which coaches were talking to media pundits. 

Close, but those leaks were coming from the big money donors.  

Seen his name tweetrd and mentioned. He'd be a home run hire but seems to be looking elsewhere 

Seems like a big pull for a really terrible program.  Figured he could have gotten a better job

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Seems like a big pull for a really terrible program.  Figured he could have gotten a better job

His relationship with Aranda probably helped his decision 

7 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

His relationship with Aranda probably helped his decision 

I guess they would be connected when he was the OL coach at LSU

Thats exactly what it is. They coached together at LSU. Thats a great pull get for Baylor. Grimes is also from Texas so I'm sure thats part of the pull too.

Archived