Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol

But for real Derek Mason would be a heck of a lot better than Andy Avalos imo

Not arguing your point, but why do you think that? 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: who is being hired as OC and DC

I think gone are the days of a bunch of leaks about who is being interviewed or seriously considered and for what.

besides me and one other - who thought Harsin was going to the man?   

(ok I didn't, I just wanted to sound like I knew)   And this is a good thing; not as much fun, but a good thing.

You are foolish, if you are going to use that as a reason to not want someone like Derek Mason on your staff. 

I have three daughters so I’m particularly sensitive to woman being treated equitably, etc. I still thought Mason using the young lady as his kicker was a little publicity-stuntish as it appeared he had other good or better options. All of that is meaningless though- the guy would be a very good hire as a DC. Is there any interest from either side? I have no idea...

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not arguing your point, but why do you think that? 

Andy just strikes me as another one of Harsin's "boys". His only real experience is learning at Boise and this one or two years at Oregon.

Their defense hasn't really impressed me and (I know it's not a big deal) but I'd prefer to have the former SEC head coach who, objectively, should be a better recruiting tool.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Winning is a habit and losing is a habit. No on Mason. Hire winners.

No one wins at Vanderbilt. The only "winner" mentioned DC wise by your standard would be Marcus Freeman.

Who I haven't seen much smoke for.

Ole Miss 247 mods think Lebby has already interviewed FWIW

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Holy derailed threads Batman! Get back on potential new coordinators now please!

thanks-thank-you.gif

So anyways. Mason would be a great defensive coordinator and I don't really give a **** one way or another if a girl kicked an extra point and a kickoff.

25 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ole Miss 247 mods think Lebby has already interviewed FWIW

Freaking hire him already then

44 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Winning is a habit and losing is a habit. No on Mason. Hire winners.

The list of winners who were once losers in a different job is extremely long. Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban were all losers at one point. Speaking of Belichick, Josh McDaniels was a loser head coach who has added 2 Superbowl rings as an OC. We should have won at least 2 SEC championshipswith Kevin Steele as our DC. He was a loser head coach, too. 

Also, Mason had a 20 year career of steadily moving up the ladder to become a *very* winning DC at Stanford before he went to Vandy. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The list of winners who were once losers in a different job is extremely long. Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban were all losers at one point. Speaking of Belichick, Josh McDaniels was a loser head coach who has added 2 Superbowl rings as an OC. We should have won at least 2 SEC championshipswith Kevin Steele as our DC. He was a loser head coach, too. 

Also, Mason had a 20 year career of steadily moving up the ladder to become a *very* winning DC at Stanford before he went to Vandy. 

This is going to sound bad but another plus to Mason is that because Vandy wasn't really competitive, I don't think he will be on anyone's radar for sometime to be a new HC so we probably get a good amount of time out of him.

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

This is going to sound bad but another plus to Mason is that because Vandy wasn't really competitive, I don't think he will be on anyone's radar for sometime to be a new HC so we probably get a good amount of time out of him.

I've thought the same with him and Muschamp.

2 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

That doesn't sound bad at all. That's a fantastic point. 

Who knows how valuable it has been to Clemson that Venables has stayed put all this time.

Archived