Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Yeah, I meant that toward the rumors that Lebby has already interviewed and is coming to Auburn.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chizhead said:

You damn sure can't trust 24/7 except for Neibuhr.

I really like Keith and feel like he’s truly one of the good guys covering AU football. His issue is not trustworthiness to me as much as him being non-committal on almost everything. He completes almost any report or prediction with “then again, things could change.” If thats your take, you're never wrong. 

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

So we want a guy that no one else wants?

Give him a 7 year contract with a huge buy out!

5 hours ago, japantiger said:

Does that mean we would have a female nose tackle?

my fourth ex could probably play that position well.........

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

my fourth ex could probably play that position well.........

You been married that many times,for real?

1 minute ago, chizhead said:

You been married that many times,for real?

look when you get old and fat and have to wear depends you take what you can get. plus i owed some bad folks some money. lol in truth i have been married three times. women love me they just do not love me long.......grins

43 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I'm starting to think that if it comes from the 247 forums, just assume the opposite.

I saw nothing Lebby did that matched Harsin. Are their offensive philosophies similar at all? 

Well that blows Lebby was OC1 on my list

Also not liking that he's supposedly bringing his DL coach too

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I saw nothing Lebby did that matched Harsin. Are their offensive philosophies similar at all? 

IMHO CBH is a winner. He's seems like the type of guy that is willing to make decisions based on what works. Unlike Malzahn, he seems to have the ability to adapt or change his offensive philosophy. That was his predecessor's downfall. 

I am optimistic. CBH is a winner but I think when Utah was in the conference it was much stronger. Boise State was a big fish in a small pond thats why CBH wanted them to move.

55 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

look when you get old and fat and have to wear depends you take what you can get. plus i owed some bad folks some money. lol in truth i have been married three times. women love me they just do not love me long.......grins

Reminds me of a guy I know who once told a waitress she reminded him of his third wife. She asked him how many times he’d been married. He said, twice! 

1 hour ago, soblfly said:

IMHO CBH is a winner. He's seems like the type of guy that is willing to make decisions based on what works. Unlike Malzahn, he seems to have the ability to adapt or change his offensive philosophy. That was his predecessor's downfall. 

I agree. But I am sure he has a vision of what he would like offensively, I just did not see the connection between him and Leb, with that said I would have been excited if he had joined Auburn. He offenses have been very productive.

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

Seems like the experts missed again on the OC...I'm shocked.

Seriously. It needs to be mentioned here every single day. 

The only people that really know what is going on Are not going to be on an AU media site or forum.

https://broncosports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/spencer-danielson/583

Spencer Danielson is supposed to come in a "senior" capacity whatever that means. I hope it's not as an analyst personally.

He was a Grad Assistant in 2017... I guess you could argue he's a fast riser but we need bigger more established hires.

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

https://broncosports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/spencer-danielson/583

Spencer Danielson is supposed to come in a "senior" capacity whatever that means. I hope it's not as an analyst personally.

He was a Grad Assistant in 2017... I guess you could argue he's a fast riser but we need bigger more established hires.

Why would you hope he is not an analyst? Can’t we have 1000 of them?

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Why would you hope he is not an analyst? Can’t we have 1000 of them?

Sorry I meant I hope he is an analyst not an on-field coach. 

I’m all for taking your time and getting the hires right, but two weeks without hiring an on-the-field coach is borderline ridiculous. What is he waiting for? We have generated zero momentum since this coaching hire.

3 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m all for taking your time and getting the hires right, but two weeks without hiring an on-the-field coach is borderline ridiculous. What is he waiting for? We have generated zero momentum since this coaching hire.

I am hoping the OC & DC candidates are still in interview process as many schools have openings.  Will know end of week hopefully.  

24 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Not doubting him but I hope realizes that SEC football is on a whole notha level. Auburn is one of the toughest jobs in the country.

9 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Mason as a DC: In 11 of its 14 games, Stanford held its opponent to 20 or fewer points. That included a 14-point effort in the overtime win at top-ranked Oregon, who led the FBS with a 54.8 scoring average.
Mason’s defensive backs were pivotal to the historic defense’s efforts, including All-America Ed Reynolds and Rose Bowl Defensive MVP Usua Amanam. Reynolds ranked first nationally with 301 interception return yards, one yard short of the NCAA single-season record.

Over the last six games of 2012, Stanford held opponents scoreless in the fourth quarter and overtime.

Stanford held eight of 13 opponents under 100 yards rushing in 2012, and in a string of three consecutive games, the Cardinal recorded three of its top-10 single-game rushing defense performances in school history: No. 3 at Colorado (minus-21 yards), No. 4 vs. Washington State (minus-18) and t-No.9 at California (three). The Cardinal set a school record by allowing only 76 offensive yards at Colorado.

Mason teamed with Jason Tarver to mold Stanford into one of the top defensive units in the Pac-12. The Cardinal ranked either first or second in the conference in six defensive categories, including rushing defense (1st - 84.4), third-down conversion defense (1st - 31.1), scoring defense (2nd - 21.9), total defense (2nd - 337.6), sacks-per-game (2nd - 3.00) and opponent first downs (2nd - 17.5). Stanford finished third nationally in rushing defense.

and Stanford hasn't been the same since he left

Archived