Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Sounds like a name from Missouri is being reported for defensive line . Brick Haley! Has the name for a defensive coach for sure.

Previously, Haley was the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Baylor (1999–2001) after coaching outside linebackers for one season each at Clemson University (1998), and at Houston (1997). The defensive line coach at Troy State from 1994–96, he was promoted to defensive coordinator following the 1996 campaign before leaving for Houston. Haley coached the defensive line at Austin Peay from 1991-93 after starting his college coaching career as a graduate assistant at Arkansas in 1990. His first coaching job was at Enterprise (Ala.) High School in 1989.

2018-19 Missouri – Senior Associate Head Coach/Defensive Line;  2017 Missouri – Defensive Line;  2015-16 Texas – Defensive Line;  2009-14 LSU – Defensive Line;  2007-08 Chicago Bears – Defensive Line;  

Sr Assoc HC/DL...wow...that's a title.

2018-19 Missouri – Senior Associate Head Coach/Defensive Line

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Sr Assoc HC/DL...wow...that's a title.

2018-19 Missouri – Senior Associate Head Coach/Defensive Line

Very similar to Rodney Garner’s title at Auburn.

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to football scoop (which has been pretty reliable lately), Jeff Choade from Montana State is now the leading candidate for the Boise job. Avalos might be a real possibility as DC 

I'm more intrigued by gerald alexander but I would love Andy Avalos as well!!! Wooooo

I would love to get Avalos as DC as well as some big time proven recruiters to come in like Dell McGee. With that said, I am bracing myself for the opposite. CBH may bring in a lot of guys kind of on the same level as Spencer Danielson (relatively unknown but young, energetic, and trusted by CBH). He may bring in an entire staff of people that many of us aren't familiar with. If this happens, I am ok with it. I trust him to build the staff he needs. Every big time coach was relatively unknown at first. Then they earned their stripes. We have to be willing to let whoever CBH decides to hire earn their stripes. 

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Gerald Alexander??? That’s a new one 🤣

Yessssir. He had coached under harsin before and is a rising star in the biz!!!

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/coaches-roster/gerald-alexander

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And turned around an atrocious Miami secondary into a strength of that defense. 

1 hour ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Whose your top picks?

I don't know....I was hoping for Lebby as OC. For DC? I know I don't want washed up former HC's.....Maybe Alexander if he's ready

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:
1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Gerald Alexander??? That’s a new one 🤣

He’s been mentioned several times as a potential hire, maybe not as DC. Would be a *great* hire in some capacity, IMO- I’m sure only chance would be as coordinator, not position coach

8 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Dang FootballScoop reporting trying to land Bobo.  

Idk how much I trust that 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Idk how much I trust that 

They seem to have breaking news on coaching moves.  Now if people remember.

They reported Miami Co- DC Banda was headed to Utah St mid December and just made official few days ago  

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

They seem to have breaking news on coaching moves.  Now if people remember.

They reported Miami Co- DC Banda was headed to Utah St mid December and just made official few days ago  

It just sounds too stupid to be true. Bobo is not a respected name. South Carolina's offense and play calling has been horrendous.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it's hilarious how people clamored for him to have full autonomy for his staff and then when he hires people he wants some are upset about it!!! Lol. Like what?!!

This, exactly!   Haha!  I love people.  We are a funny and peculiar bunch!

Bobo is objectively a dumb choice:

Only put 24 on LSU
3 points against TAMU
10 against Mizzou
18 against Kentucky

Would be a literal step back from the offense we already have. Please no.

Gus and Morris did better than that 

Archived