Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Him and Harsin would have a good chemistry 

Harsin would match him in intensity, but have more self restraint. I think he’d be a good leash 

I think champ would be a great addition back to AU. He can recruit like crazy and of corse a stud DC. 

I would love to get Jeff Grimes back to Auburn. Especially given his familiarity recruiting in the south and getting some DUDES in the trenches.

Yo know, Bo Pelini is available...

14 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I think champ would be a great addition back to AU. He can recruit like crazy and of corse a stud DC. 

Harsin didn't leave his alma mater to use Auburn as a spring board to his next favorite spot a year from now like everyone knows Boom would do again if he took a DC job. Can't see a guy in Harsin's position, who's looking for longevity, take a one season gun-for-hire.

Boom likes being the boss and will end up being a lower tier level HC in 2021 or 2022. Maybe Saban hires him back for one year to resuscitate his career.

24 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Great list.   

I’d be curious if Grimes would coach OL in addition to being the OC if he were hired. I’d imagine Harsin is going to be heavily involved in the QB coaching so it isn’t pressing to get an OC who also does QBs. 

37 minutes ago, Viper said:

Harsin didn't leave his alma mater to use Auburn as a spring board to his next favorite spot a year from now like everyone knows Boom would do again if he took a DC job. Can't see a guy in Harsin's position, who's looking for longevity, take a one season gun-for-hire.

Boom likes being the boss and will end up being a lower tier level HC in 2021 or 2022. Maybe Saban hires him back for one year to resuscitate his career.

Could be right . He’s been fired from two sec schools I believe. He may think being a coordinator is what he is meant for, but you make good points  . We need the staff to be together for a while . 

37 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I really think he should keep the defensive staff like it is and also keep Bicknell to coach the OLine and Caddy as the RB coach.  

After the Steele ordeal . I believe the d staff needs to be wiped clean. Maybe keep the two listed above . 

Grimes or Longo would be my first picks on O. 
D. Mason would be a great grab for the D. side.

No matter who CBH chooses, I’m happy to hear it'll be completely up to him. 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Could be right . He’s been fired from two sec schools I believe. He may think being a coordinator is what he is meant for, but you make good points  . We need the staff to be together for a while . 

Boom is a perfect example of why Venables will forever be comfortable being a DC.

Boom likes being his own boss too much to ever relegate himself as a lifelong DC.

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wish list:

1. Phil Longo

2. Baby Briles

3. Jeff Grimes

Strong list!  What are your thoughts on Kellen Moore and Zak Hill.  Moore is unlikely to come, but if he is the best available you gotta ask and make him tell you no.  I wouldn’t have thought CBH would’ve been interested either.   

12 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Strong list!  What are your thoughts on Kellen Moore and Zak Hill.  Moore is unlikely to come, but if he is the best available you gotta ask and make him tell you no.  I wouldn’t have thought CBH would’ve been interested either.   

No real thoughts on them, sorry

Jeff Grimes looks like the easy dream pick for OC IMO. He's already been here and has SEC experience, is a top level recruiter (especially on the OL), and that BYU offense has been elite under him. Oh yeah, and his current QB is a Top 5-10 pick. If he doesn't end up replacing Harsin as Boise's HC, he'd be my first call.

17 hours ago, Viper said:

I am not for hiring Muschamp again. Like it was said, he won’t be an sec head coach again, but a smaller school maybe. 

16 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

After the Steele ordeal . I believe the d staff needs to be wiped clean. Maybe keep the two listed above . 

I could see giving bicknell another year. Love caddy but don’t really have an opinion on him. My two to keep would be bicknell and Travis Williams. 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:00 PM, NoALtiger said:

He’d be an absolute fool to keep Steele around. If that happens we’ll know right off the bat he doesn’t have full control. 

I would not make that assumption.  Kevin Steele is an excellent DC and he is a local familiar face that could help retain existing players.  Harsin may review all the information (including any supposed "back stabbing" accusations) and conclude Steele is the best fit.

With the events of the past few days, many on here are applauding AG for standing up to the PTBs.  And most are impressed with Harsin's badass attitude.  So if he chooses to keep Steele, why can't we just trust that this was his decision and was not forced into it by anyone?

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wish list:

1. Phil Longo

2. Baby Briles

3. Jeff Grimes

Do you think he would go after Longo with his and Mack Brown’s relationship?

59 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I am not for hiring Muschamp again. Like it was said, he won’t be an sec head coach again, but a smaller school maybe. 

He should have never been considered by any SEC program minus Vandy. I said he would fail at SC and it didn't take long.

Im very confident with the list of potential O coordinator that BH will make an impressive hire.   I believe he intends to clean house and bring his brand of football to AU and that includes the D coordinator.  He will hire someone he knows and trusts and he should.  He will rely on ADAG to support his decisions.  He along with the coordinators will decide on coaches.  RG did not support Gus and dared him to fire him knowing he had Steele and Rane behind him. That insubordination can’t be tolerated.  Twill has some other issues that some if the insiders have aluded to.  I really hope he keeps Caddy but that’s not my call.  I think BH is going to build a very good staff.

49 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Do you think he would go after Longo with his and Mack Brown’s relationship?

Don't know. All three know each other well. 

Archived