Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He's a legit possibility too.

Derek Mason is still my #1 though he has no connection to Harsin. Otherwise Mason is going to LSU where we'll have to recruit against him.

Jeff Grimes knows Harsin and just lead BYU to a phenomenal year while OC

Bush Hamdan is another OC candidate I'd be really interested in us getting

Muschamp to Michigan ends that annoying headline 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s with the love affair with Mason? He was only a DC for 2 years prior to Vandy hiring him. Offenses have changed a lot since then.

My #1 is Avalos, partially because that likely would’ve been our DC if we’d signed Cristobal. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Derek Mason is still my #1 though he has no connection to Harsin. Otherwise Mason is going to LSU where we'll have to recruit against him.

I like the idea of bringing in Grimes, but we’d need a really good QB coach because Grimes would probably coach OL.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:50 PM, Carnell said:

DC  Ryan Neilson or Aaron Glenn

OC al borges

Borges is past his prime. Great offensive mind, but he has struggled to adapt to the era of the spread offense. 

34 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I like the idea of bringing in Grimes, but we’d need a really good QB coach because Grimes would probably coach OL.

Check Harsin's resume'....You might be surprised

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I saw JBoy said he thinks Avalos would be a better possibility if Moore gets the BSU job. I don’t know much about him but he seems to be well respected. 

44 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Harsin was hired, in part, due to his ability to be a qb mentor.

11 hours ago, chizhead said:

Check Harsin's resume'....You might be surprised

Still need a good QB coach. The HC needs to be focusing most of their time on bigger picture stuff.

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Still need a good QB coach. The HC needs to be focusing most of their time on bigger picture stuff.

You absolutely can be HC/QB coach 

It has been done several times over 

I feel like you need name recognition for your coordinators, Avalos would be the right choice, technique wise; however it would help if the homes you go into recognized the name because of all the big names you're going against. Just saying.... 

On 12/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, drewzums343 said:

Who should CBH hire as his coordinators? Assuming he does have autonomy.  I had a few in mind. 

D coordinator 

1. Will Muschamp- He's an SEC insider who can help CBH adjust to the conference. 

2. Andy Avalos- Didnt get mario but maybe we could poach his DC, worked with CBH at Boise.

3. Kevin Steele- He's a solid D coodinator but I think we need to clean house if we are changing the culture in the locker room

4. Travis Williams- I think Coach T will would be a good option but like I said, we should clean house from Gus's staff.

O Coordinator

1. Jeff Lebby- OC at Ole miss under kiffin, formerly the OC at UCF when they ranked top 5 in the NCAA 

2. Eric Kiesau- If he decides to pull what Malzahn did with Lashlee and bring his OC with him

3. Kendal Briles

4. Mike Bobo 

Thoughts? I think any coach in the SEC needs solid coordinators assuming he lets them do their jobs unlike Gus. 

How many times do we let Muschamp stab us in the back. He obviously has no love or respect for AU. Plus, his defenses have sucked. 

22 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

On another interesting note that I just noticed.... AUs last three coaches have been fired after the first year of new OC hires. (Franklin, Loeffler, and Morris). 

To add to that; each time the HC had already sealed his fate, they just didn’t know it.

There seems to several names being thrown out there for the OC job, but only 2-3 for the DC spot. Assuming Muschamp goes to UM, Mason to LSU, and Avalos stays with the ducks, what are your thoughts on Charlie Strong? I admittedly only know about his HC tenure at Texas. 

Also, I’m throwing my vote for OC to Zak Hill. 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:38 PM, Viper said:

Harsin didn't leave his alma mater to use Auburn as a spring board to his next favorite spot a year from now like everyone knows Boom would do again if he took a DC job. Can't see a guy in Harsin's position, who's looking for longevity, take a one season gun-for-hire.

Boom likes being the boss and will end up being a lower tier level HC in 2021 or 2022. Maybe Saban hires him back for one year to resuscitate his career.

If I were CBH, I wouldn’t hire anyone who uses Jimmy Sexton as their agent...gun for hire agent for sure and the buyouts are ridiculous!

Its interesting. Not sure if it will happen this time but CBH likes to bring in Boise St alumni or ex coaches to be his coordinators. 

So keep that in mind. 

I do like Hill the best as OC our his current OC still at Boise St.

DC, definitely Avalos, and don't mind if we could still get Muschamp. I never thought he was a traitor to AU. I definitely would take him over Steele, just bc of his style of D and would be a better recruiter I think.

18 hours ago, wde1968 said:

Kevin Sumlin OC

Derrick Mason DC

Sumlin....hell no.  That guy's mismanaged more talent than Gus.  

Not too fired up about Mason either since that Woke-tard-kicker bull**** either.  

No retreads....get hungry young assistants that have something to prove and are not living off of a buy-out.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if he hires Mike Bobo as OC because he spoke very highly of Bobo when competing against him while Bobo was HC at Colo. St., but then again coaches always talk highly of their opponents.

I hope BH doesn’t hire any coordinator that used to be a HC.  CBH needs like minded coaches that want to stay at Auburn for a while.  To me, it’s not worth getting an experienced coordinator that is already looking for the next opportunity.

Let’s build something this time.

Archived