Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

After looking into Avalos, I’d like him to be the DC. 

https://goducks.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/andy-avalos/3058

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DAG said:

You absolutely can be HC/QB coach 

It has been done several times over 

Yes it’s not hard for head coach to take some time to coach QBs. 

The DC will be a guy that runs the type of defense Harsin runs.  If he prefers a 4-2-5, he's not going to hire a 3-3-5 DC. Just like if he prefers a 3-4 he won't hire a 4-3 DC.  

Figure out what type of D he runs and the look at the DCs that run that D.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The DC will be a guy that runs the type of defense Harsin runs.  If he prefers a 4-2-5, he's not going to hire a 3-3-5 DC. Just like if he prefers a 3-4 he won't hire a 4-3 DC.  

Simply brilliant

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Seems like they were running a 3-3-5 as of 2019:

https://theosceola.com/deep-dive-boise-state/

I assume by year 6 he had switched to his desired defensive system. 

Real question: Do we have the personnel to run the 3-3-5?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Gee who would have thunk it 😂😂

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

so you're saying Harsin won't pull an Orgeron?

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

After looking into Avalos, I’d like him to be the DC. 

https://goducks.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/andy-avalos/3058

This article says Steele and Avalos run a similar defensive scheme with Avalos being super aggressive. Stated he’s willing to give up shots to attack. 3-3-5 is his base scheme is what the article states. May be a pretty good fit given past relationships with Coach Harsin and AUburn’s current personnel. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Even more so with offense. Why I’m not worried about who these hires are going to be. They’ll be who he thinks they should be. I have no preferences.

6 hours ago, Warbird82 said:

If I were CBH, I wouldn’t hire anyone who uses Jimmy Sexton as their agent...gun for hire agent for sure and the buyouts are ridiculous!

Going to be difficult as Sexton represents around half of all college coaches in the SEC that have agents.

And what coach wouldn't want him as their agent? Gus can virtually retire right now because of the man.

I think you guys are off your rocker about the Moore idea. 

Moore is a NFL OC. It would be a step backwards in his career. 

Hey while we are at it, lets get Nick Saban to coach DBs, lolz. One is as likely as the other. 

Moore being candidate #1 for Boise makes sense. That wouldnt be a step back. 

But the idea of a NFL OC deciding to be a college OC is just crazy. Sure Sark did it but he was fired from his NFL OC job. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

This article says Steele and Avalos run a similar defensive scheme with Avalos being super aggressive. Stated he’s willing to give up shots to attack. 3-3-5 is his base scheme is what the article states. May be a pretty good fit given past relationships with Coach Harsin and AUburn’s current personnel. 

Avalos seems to be the most popular name. He's interviewing for Boise HC position though.

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Who’s this guy?

Only one of the best DB coaches in the NFL

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Even more so with offense. Why I’m not worried about who these hires are going to be. They’ll be who he thinks they should be. I have no preferences.

I approve of this message!

Archived