Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

12 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

where is he coaching at?   I have never heard of him.   Looks like ole miss??

OC, QB coach Ole Miss.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

@fredst I’m going to pose this question to you because we seem to have the same line of thought on the situation (and my last comment about it in this thread because this thread is about potential coordinators). The one’s who are accusing those reporting alleged nefarious activities from Steele, Garner, and the boosters keep coming back to this site to get information, why would they do that? The owner of this site, Red, is one of the reporter’s of said activity, if these deniers don’t/won’t believe what he reported about the coup plot, then why would they believe any of the other reports from here? Why not read the regurgitation from al.com? Seems to be a little masochistic or just looking for an argument. 

You got me by the b***s. I have to think, based on who has brought this stuff to light and their track record here, that there is some truth to what’s been posted here by those folks regarding Steele, etc. I’m no insider so I just have to believe those that have some credibility. Maybe that makes me naive or gullible. In the end, I guess it doesn’t matter and I’m just ready to move on with the new staff. I am happy to be experiencing some hope and enthusiasm for Auburn football again

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

You got me by the b***s. I have to think, based on who has brought this stuff to light and their track record here, that there is some truth to what’s been posted here by those folks regarding Steele, etc. I’m no insider so I just have to believe those that have some credibility. Maybe that makes me naive or gullible. In the end, I guess it doesn’t matter and I’m just ready to move on with the new staff. I am happy to be experiencing some hope and enthusiasm for Auburn football again

Indeed sir, indeed. 

I'd like to see Auburn hire Mason or Strong as our DC. I don't know who would be a good OC/QB coach. Do y'all? I'm hoping T-Will, Garner and Wesley McGriff will be kept.

25 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I'd like to see Auburn hire Mason or Strong as our DC. I don't know who would be a good OC/QB coach. Do y'all? I'm hoping T-Will, Garner and Wesley McGriff will be kept.

I love this^^^^ cat!!!  He never disappoints.

and have to admit. I also have high regard for McGriff. Just love the way he always coaching his kids!!  But I’m starting to second guess my own opinion now. Lol

On 12/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, AUFriction said:

Borges is past his prime. Great offensive mind, but he has struggled to adapt to the era of the spread offense. 

He is in his 60s but my line of thinking is that most of Harsins offense is proset with west coast applications and I think borges would be the best fit for that.  Borges has experience with spreads as he was at Michigan and he is currently OC at UTSA which runs a spread.

37 minutes ago, Carnell said:

He is in his 60s but my line of thinking is that most of Harsins offense is proset with west coast applications and I think borges would be the best fit for that.  Borges has experience with spreads as he was at Michigan and he is currently OC at UTSA which runs a spread.

That hit he took on the sidelines of the iron bowl took all his powers away.

On 12/24/2020 at 2:09 PM, BigBlueWDE said:

I imagine like Jan. 3rd'ish

Harsin evaluates players and coaches for the bowl game, other coaches finish out their bowl games, then start anew filling out the new staff on Monday, 1/4

Agree. Possibly Monday January 4. Since Christmas is over I’m sure he’s been in contact w several candidates for each spot. If Steele was behind the Gus ouster, not sure a new coach needs that. I’m on the fence about garner. Wish we had rocker but he was retained by Beamer at SC along w Bobo and 2 others I think. There are plenty out there and I know many of us probably will not have heard of some of them, but I definitely think he keeps one or two current and maybe another two w sec experience. 

9 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Nobody knows anything for sure, but there is a rumor of Steele’s involvement in a coup with at least one Auburn power broker (Rane) oust Gus Malzahn and have Steele take over as head coach.  Other assistant coaches (Garner) are rumored to have been involved as well.  Supposedly, this was initiated back in 2018, but it’s unclear who approached whom with this idea or how far things got.  It appears that Rane or someone closely connected to him was the information source for 247 Auburn beat writers after Malzahn’s termination and that’s why they were so certain that Steele was going named head coach.  Of course, there was much backlash over this (#stopSteele) among the regular Auburn folks, which appears to have swayed things and resulted in the decision-makers going in a different direction.  

I’m not sure how much of this is accurate, but this is the gist of what I’ve gleaned from various source.  Also, without knowing what’s accurate, I don’t want to besmirch Steele’s or Rane’s or Garner’s names, so take this with a grain of salt.

If that’s the case, I say clean house and replace them for sure. New coach w few ties to the south. I wouldn’t fault him at all, plus he may know better coaches for the job. In my opinion, the muschamp hires at AU have run their course. Personally I would rather not see him for a third time. 

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I’m on the fence about garner. Wish we had rocker but he was retained by Beamer at SC along w Bobo and 2 others I think.

I’m ready for fresh faces coaching the D-line. Garner and Rocker are good, but there are plenty of d lines equal or better than ours and it’s time to have some new approaches to recruiting and schemes. 

38 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m ready for fresh faces coaching the D-line. Garner and Rocker are good, but there are plenty of d lines equal or better than ours and it’s time to have some new approaches to recruiting and schemes. 

So who should they go get who can recruit better than Garner?

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Bo Davis maybe but I do agree with u.   Coach G has the connections but he has to be loyal to the HC

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Start with the d line coaches at Bama, LSU, TAMU, UGA, UF, Clemson, OSU and several others. Their d lines over the past 4-5 years have been as good or better than ours, with better edge rushers. And those Programs are putting plenty of guys in the league too. I like Garner and I think he’s really good, but I don’t think he’s elite. 

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Start with the d line coaches at Bama, LSU, TAMU, UGA, UF, Clemson, OSU and several others. Their d lines over the past 4-5 years have been as good or better than ours, with better edge rushers. And those Programs are putting plenty of guys in the league too. I like Garner and I think he’s really good, but I don’t think he’s elite. 

Now why would they leave to come to us? All those jobs are equal. All of those programs you named are good programs.

And Other than Myles Garrett who has A&M put in the league? Also which DL has UGA put in the league?

I suspect Coach Harsin will be surrounding himself with coaches he likely knows first, and secondly, coaches he interviews and becomes comfortable with after vetting. I also suspect he will use AD Green as a sounding board. Many of the names posted are likely not going to be considered as most probably have no relationship with Coach Harsin and might not pass his muster. I’m suggesting we’ll get a bunch of new names and that’s not a bad thing. We desperately need it and need new enthusiasm. 

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Now why would they leave to come to us? All those jobs are equal. All of those programs you named are good programs.

And Other than Myles Garrett who has A&M put in the league? Also which DL has UGA put in the league?

TAMU has 5 d linemen in the NFL, most recruited and developed by Terry Price. They will have a couple more drafted this year. UGA has 7. (Mississippi State has 8!) A quick google search or a visit to Ourlads.com will give you names. Also check 247 recruiter rankings. Garner has finished top 10 in the Sec 1 out of the last 5 years. Again, he’s really good, but we have recruited and developed great d lines at AU before him and can do so after him. I’m all for house cleaning right now for a lot of reasons. I respect it if you disagree.

As for your first question, why would they come here: to be part of the championship program Coach Harsin intends to build and sell them on. 

47 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

TAMU has 5 d linemen in the NFL, most recruited and developed by Terry Price. They will have a couple more drafted this year. UGA has 7. (Mississippi State has 8!) A quick google search or a visit to Ourlads.com will give you names. Also check 247 recruiter rankings. Garner has finished top 10 in the Sec 1 out of the last 5 years. Again, he’s really good, but we have recruited and developed great d lines at AU before him and can do so after him. I’m all for house cleaning right now for a lot of reasons. I respect it if you disagree.

As for your first question, why would they come here: to be part of the championship program Coach Harsin intends to build and sell them on. 

He struggles to retain the talent. Had a couple of big signees walk out on him. You expect to see some of it but Coynis left, jibunior left, antwan Jackson who became a 4 year starter at Ohio state, Charles Moore

1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

He struggles to retain the talent. Had a couple of big signees walk out on him. You expect to see some of it but Coynis left, jibunior left, antwan Jackson who became a 4 year starter at Ohio state, Charles Moore

Don’t forget Byron Cowart and the underperformance of Coe and Moultry. As I’ve stated, I like Garner and he is certainly a very good recruiter and coach. But I would be okay if he stays or goes at this point. 

Archived