Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

Is there an expected order to how coaches will be hired, and a timeframe. I would think the coordinators would like to be hired first so they may have some input into the rest of their staffs.

I am anxious for this the start happening soon.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Don’t forget Byron Cowart and the underperformance of Coe and Moultry. As I’ve stated, I like Garner and he is certainly a very good recruiter and coach. But I would be okay if he stays or goes at this point. 

Agreed. DL seems to be trending down a bit and I know that might be harsh after we lost Marlon and Derrick but I’d prefer to see someone new there. Just my opinion. I love TWill and would be upset if he wasn’t retained. LB play and recruiting has been great but most here (who probably have some more inside info than I do) say a culture change is needed and if that is true, I wouldn’t expect to retain many.. maybe Caddie since he is new and TWill. I think too much depends on the OC and DC selections so all of our talk probably doesn’t mean anything until those 2 positions are filled.

1 minute ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Is there an expected order to how coaches will be hired, and a timeframe. I would think the coordinators would like to be hired first so they may have some input into the rest of their staffs.

It won’t happen until after the game this week but I would expect coaches to get announced shortly after so they have time to go get anyone required prior to national signing day

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

First thing I noticed...... No leaks it seems and that is good.  Its possible he already has some in the wraps but will wait until they have coached their bowl games to release names. 

14 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Start with the d line coaches at Bama, LSU, TAMU, UGA, UF, Clemson, OSU and several others. Their d lines over the past 4-5 years have been as good or better than ours, with better edge rushers. And those Programs are putting plenty of guys in the league too. I like Garner and I think he’s really good, but I don’t think he’s elite. 

I think we all knew Garner's rep was in recruiting and not developing D line players. He was always hired first for his recruiting ability.

He was no different at Auburn. But getting top level defensive players can make a coach look good too..

On 12/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, drewzums343 said:

Who should CBH hire as his coordinators? Assuming he does have autonomy.  I had a few in mind. 

D coordinator 

1. Will Muschamp- He's an SEC insider who can help CBH adjust to the conference. 

2. Andy Avalos- Didnt get mario but maybe we could poach his DC, worked with CBH at Boise.

3. Kevin Steele- He's a solid D coodinator but I think we need to clean house if we are changing the culture in the locker room

4. Travis Williams- I think Coach T will would be a good option but like I said, we should clean house from Gus's staff.

O Coordinator

1. Jeff Lebby- OC at Ole miss under kiffin, formerly the OC at UCF when they ranked top 5 in the NCAA 

2. Eric Kiesau- If he decides to pull what Malzahn did with Lashlee and bring his OC with him

3. Kendal Briles

4. Mike Bobo 

Thoughts? I think any coach in the SEC needs solid coordinators assuming he lets them do their jobs unlike Gus. 

Ok let I me say this . Even though I’m glad Gus is moving on, he has to much name power not to get a chance elsewhere and Gus will want to prove himself. So someone will pick up Gus probably after the first of the year. The reason I say this is that some of our coaches will follow Gus. So I suspect Harsin will pretty much clean house. 

Give me K Briles.....  enough said

and bring back T Rob somehow

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Ok let I me say this . Even though I’m glad Gus is moving on, he has to much name power not to get a chance elsewhere and Gus will want to prove himself. So someone will pick up Gus probably after the first of the year. The reason I say this is that some of our coaches will follow Gus. So I suspect Harsin will pretty much clean house. 

Why would Gus continue to work?  Has he indicated that he is interested in an OC spot?

I'll be shocked if he is and if someone would want him.

Get real. Gus will have a gig by the end of the month. 

7 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Why would Gus continue to work?  Has he indicated that he is interested in an OC spot?

I'll be shocked if he is and if someone would want him.

Gus will definitely have another HC job. Maybe not this upcoming year , but he will In the future. A year off wouldn’t hurt.

3 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Does he still get the buyout if he takes a coaching job elsewhere? I've no doubt he COULD have a job by the end of the month, I just don't know that I believe he will want to.

10 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I'm shocked!

Shocked! I tell you!

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus will definitely have another HC job. Maybe not this upcoming year , but he will In the future. A year off wouldn’t hurt.

Take a year off, speak at a few Christian summer conferences, retool your offensive philosophy, then jump back into things next December.

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Does he still get the buyout if he takes a coaching job elsewhere? I've no doubt he COULD have a job by the end of the month, I just don't know that I believe he will want to.

Yes. $$$

3 hours ago, KnowItAll said:

Harsin is going to clean house.  No coaches will stay on.

I hope we keep coach Bicknel. I think he has done wonders with what we had on the offensive line. 

33 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Yep. Most coaches have it in thwor buy outs where its reduced by their new salary. 

Not Gus. He will get to double dip

6 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Seeing as how most of the defensive guys probably have a relationship with one of Steele or Garner, idk how accurate an assumption that is 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:19 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yep. Most coaches have it in thwor buy outs where its reduced by their new salary. 

But he doesn't have to. Having a guaranteed 20 million will keep you in diamonds and furs for a while even if you decide to coach elsewhere.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:19 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

Best agent in college football coaching.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, shabby said:

I hope we keep coach Bicknel. I think he has done wonders with what we had on the offensive line. 

Bicknell's resume definitely says he can develop talent. Don't know about his recruiting. Tunsil might be the highest rated recruit/NFL prospect (just going by memory) but even that has the Hugh Freeze stank on his record.

My gut feeling says he should stay. I would be hard pressed to believe that in his short stint with Auburn that he would be embroiled with the Gus/Steele turmoil. Of course what matters most is how he fits with Harsin's vision for the program. At a glance it seems like a fit based on where he's been, but we will see...

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Bicknell's resume definitely says he can develop talent. Don't know about his recruiting. Tunsil might be the highest rated recruit/NFL prospect (just going by memory) but even that has the Hugh Freeze stank on his record.

My gut feeling says he should stay. I would be hard pressed to believe that in his short stint with Auburn that he would be embroiled with the Gus/Steele turmoil. Of course what matters most is how he fits with Harsin's vision for the program. At a glance it seems like a fit based on where he's been, but we will see...

I think it's a matter more of how Harsin likes his offense built to run his style of plays. It could be the OL he needs is not what Bicknell is used to coaching. 

We never really got to see Bicknell fully utilize his teaching coming in for only 1 year, and having to coach the OL that were already recruited before he got there...

I think we have no clue at any of the coaching positions what Harsin really wants..or already has ready to bring in..

The trade off is, if he likes bringing in HIS guys.. most are Boise or western coaches...and do they want to uproot their families...but for sure..for a better pay day. Money talks in this profession...but that's a long way to come for it...

Archived