Coach Harsin's First Presser (3:30 CT)

Zeek

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Unless he means punt...

:poke:

I don’t think he is a coach that even considers punting when it’s 4th and 1 and if he does, he would consider it a failure.  Alpha dog.

Just now, AU-Allen said:

He loves Boise and I don't think that is ever going anywhere. I think he will have that same feeling in his heart for Auburn. 

Completely agree. And what kind of Auburn man would he be if he didn't acknowledge that part of his history. We are all the sum of our experiences.  I'm all in on CBH!

2 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

He loves Boise and I don't think that is ever going anywhere. I think he will have that same feeling in his heart for Auburn. 

It speaks to him as a competitor. As much as he loves it and as comfortable as he was there, he was willing to leave it because he wants the challenge to be the best among the best.

he said his message to the players were to listen to the coaches that were here """"RIGHT NOW""""

makes me worried about the bowl game. I'm expecting another super disappointing showing in the bowl game. Not to up on Kevin Steele taking the game that seriously

3 minutes ago, far_away_fan said:

My peoples, that was a great first  impression! Now like he said, we all need to do our 1/11th and support this coach and team!

Texas A&M may have trademarked the 12th man but we need to trademark the 1/12th man lol 

1 minute ago, AU-Allen said:

Will say it sounds like it may be a clean slate. Likely will fire all and consider them for rehire. Or at least that is what I came away feeling like.

Same. I didn't get the feeling he would be retaining anyone.

I can just see some trolls and poser enemy fans starting the “it’s only a PC, he hasn’t beat anyone yet” line. While that’s true you have to start somewhere and this was a home run start. I’m pumped and real auburn fans should feel the same way. 

I’m now going to enjoy Christmas and feel like I just got a great present. Cheers all...

1 minute ago, FatherUppercut said:

he said his message to the players were to listen to the coaches that were here """"RIGHT NOW""""

makes me worried about the bowl game. I'm expecting another super disappointing showing in the bowl game. Not to up on Kevin Steele taking the game that seriously

I think coaches will take it seriously, but be distracted with job searches.

Looking forward to tough, physical, no nonsense football. Every team, every week going to know they're in a war when playing Auburn. 

16 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

My God, this guy is making we want to go run thru a brick wall.  👏🐅🦅

We obviously won’t win every game he coaches, but by God I promise you he’s gonna try.  Holy hell he’s a motivating guy.  

Kudos for one hell of an opening presser Coach!

👍

I guess anyone that doubted his recruiting ability that just saw this presser have that answered now!  He’s going to have recruits beating on his door for a chance to come to Auburn.

Just now, bigbird said:

Interested to see some of the names that have been reaching out about the possible openings

Dell maybe?????

Just now, Paladin said:

Looking forward to tough, physical, no nonsense football. Every team, every week going to know they're in a war when they're playing Auburn. 

Believe you're right. If not initially, certainly within a year or two. I really feel some dead weight is going to be eliminated before this is all over.

Loved what he had to say and love his emotion for BSU in the presser which I hope pours out into our University. Let’s get behind it and enjoy lots of great years to come. WDE as always ..... Merry Christmas everybody! 

Couldn't have gone better. Man that line at the end about "I want you to be proud of that team on the field, and I want you to be proud that I'm the coach" was legit. Love this guy

Personality-wise and value-wise he’s the right guy for the job. Seems to value all the things you’d expect of an Auburn coach while also putting a high emphasis on winning. I hope he learns to love Auburn as much as he clearly loves Boise State. I really liked the comment about winning with class.

Was a little concerned with his answers to the questions on recruiting, and his answer to the iron bowl question almost seemed to be “it’s just like any other game” which I don’t agree with. Otherwise, that was a good presser and a good first impression.

When someone asked him his goals for year one, he said “I want to start with winning today.  I’m a task at hand kind of guy.”  I liked that answer.  Focus on now.  When asked how do you go about winning championships he said “Win every game.”  

Archived