Coach Harsin's First Presser (3:30 CT)

Zeek

47 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

You either want to play or you don't.  

One step further...you either want to put in the work to play or you don't.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

She's awful. Same one who spends her time at the basketball counting masks and going to Skybar to cry foul.

You go to these events with multiple questions.  If someone asks your first one, or fifth one, you have another one to ask.  That’s a fireable offense IMHO.  

Well I really think he is off to a good start. I kinda expected that since most anyone would obviously be bringing their A-game to their initial press conference, but ya never know.  Loved his views of focusing on the immediate task at hand and loved the Bo Jackson story. Seemed very humbled to be where he’s at and recognizing the opportunity that he has. He has a great mix of confidence without being cocky. 

1 hour ago, FatherUppercut said:

he said his message to the players were to listen to the coaches that were here """"RIGHT NOW""""

makes me worried about the bowl game. I'm expecting another super disappointing showing in the bowl game. Not to up on Kevin Steele taking the game that seriously

I truly don't care about the bowl game.  Next game that matters is A-Day.

But damn I hyped for next season and this new regime!  So refreshing to hear a coach talk about things like a "4th and 1" mentality with everything we do.

1 hour ago, FatherUppercut said:

he said his message to the players were to listen to the coaches that were here """"RIGHT NOW""""

makes me worried about the bowl game. I'm expecting another super disappointing showing in the bowl game. Not to up on Kevin Steele taking the game that seriously

The bowl game is the least of priorities . Also, cements that CKS won’t be back. At least for me. 

I get the feeling he is not going to let anyone tell him how to run his program and who has to be on his staff.   Was very impressed with him and think he will have no trouble recruiting the players he wants.   War Eagle to that guy!

I’ll be looking forward to watching the press conferences again, it’s been 5 years since I’ve seen one. This guy seems to me a straight shooter.

Fired up after watching this presser. I sense that we will have a toughness that’s been missing for >10 years at Auburn. As has been mentioned, his staff hires will be critical but if he can bring guys in to recruit at a high level I like the potential here. War Damn Eagle coach! WWWWOOOOO!!!!! LFG!!!!!

2 hours ago, FatherUppercut said:

The end result of that game really just doesnt matter. What Harsin instills to them, what confidence and trust he garners, that's literally the only thing to take away. 

it'll be a good resume builder for Chad though

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

"Practice good football to play good football"

Sometimes, It really is that simple.

Somehow I get the feeling that not every practice will be described as "great", if you get my drift.

Did anyone else chuckle when he said, "I'm not gonna look at my wife right now, cause.... I know what'll happen if I do." or are you more mature than a 13 year old?

Well all my worries about the coach not having full control of the staff are put to rest. Good luck telling that guy who he’s going to hire. Press conferences don’t mean much but that sure was a fun one to watch. Loved his confidence and the emotion he showed. You could really tell he was hurting about leaving his players at Boise St. he really cares and I think that goes a long way with players. Loved the response to the bama question. Focus on Auburn and be the best we can be and the rest will take care of itself. 

Excited that he thinks he can recruit nationally to Auburn. We’ve occasionally plucked a couple from Texas or Midwest but Auburn has rarely branched out of the southeast and that’s mostly because we have never needed too. Seems that branching out could be useful right about now. 

Im expecting no staffing decisions until after the bowl game. Then I’d expect it to move pretty quick. Looking forward to seeing the staff. I have a feeling it’ll be a mix of his guys with a few southeast or Auburn connections 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I truly don't care about the bowl game.  Next game that matters is A-Day.

But damn I hyped for next season and this new regime!  So refreshing to hear a coach talk about things like a "4th and 1" mentality with everything we do.

I'll bet CBH cares, especially if it is listed as on his historical record as HC. 

He knows how to handle the ignorant bammer hack reporters.

stupid questions and they don’t even listen to what he says.

hopefully he won’t put up with their bs bait questions 

LFG bay baaaaaaaay!!!!!!!! Omgsh!!!!! That's the injection of life and energy this fan base and program has desperately needed!!!! That was freaking refreshing as hell!!!! I loved every second of it!!!! Woooooo!!!! Now let's do the damn thing!!!! War damn eagle 🦅 indeed coach!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I certainly didn't get the impression he gives a damn about Saban, and Alabama. I like that. Focus on Auburn, and the rest will take care of itself. 

He will focus on beating themwhen the time comes.

its and exciting time about to begin for Auburn football

Archived