Coach Harsin's First Presser (3:30 CT)

Zeek

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Did anyone else chuckle when he said, "I'm not gonna look at my wife right now, cause.... I know what'll happen if I do." or are you more mature than a 13 year old?

Uh, I guess I’m old but I thought he’d probably get choked up, which is what I’d do. He appeared to be  close a couple of times. Hadn’t even thought of the other aspect.....hell, I must be older than @augolf1716because he probably did, lol 

First, Auburn is a special place. Second, Harsin gets it. No matter how he turns out, this is the happiest I've ever been with an Auburn football coach hire.

A winner with a strategic perspective, who is engaging and convincing. Wow! He articulated a passion about selling Auburn.  He’s going to kill it on the recruiting trail. By the way, a quick scan of his Boise roster shows a lot of Texas recruits. 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

So refreshing to hear a coach talk about things like a "4th and 1" mentality with everything we do.

You can tell the "Do everything like it's 4th and 1" and "Do your 1/11th part" have long since been his two fav phrases.

I was cringing at the possibility of him saying "Do your job."  *wiped brow*

Love original catch phrases.

He just looks like the picture in the dictionary next to “Football Coach “!

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

You can tell the "Do everything like it's 4th and 1" and "Do your 1/11th part" have long since been his two fav phrases.

I was cringing at the possibility of him saying "Do your job."  *wiped brow*

Love original catch phrases.

That won’t always  work if it’s 4th and 2. 😉

1 hour ago, caleb1633 said:

Did anyone else chuckle when he said, "I'm not gonna look at my wife right now, cause.... I know what'll happen if I do." or are you more mature than a 13 year old?

No, because I’m old enough to know what he meant. 😉

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

That tie. HNNNNGGGG 

He did say first impressions mattered. Nailed it.

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No, because I’m old enough to know what he meant. 😉

Hahaha I also knew what he meant. I just let my 13 year old mind take over for whatever reason 😂

4 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Was a little concerned with his answers to the questions on recruiting, and his answer to the iron bowl question almost seemed to be “it’s just like any other game” which I don’t agree with. Otherwise, that was a good presser and a good first impression.

No too many Auburn fans make the Iron Bowl our championship. It's a game he wants to win but he wants championships not just victories.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'll bet CBH cares, especially if it is listed as on his historical record as HC. 

It won't be on his record as he won't be coaching it. 

However now that we hired CBH let's go WIN

He won the presser no question. I’m trying to temper my expectations and not get too excited, but it’s refreshing to have a new leader. I would like to know what the current players think so far. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the way he answered questions, especially the first in regards to Bama/Saban and only talking about be prepared for every day and treating every game is the most important instead of letting the stage get too big.

4 hours ago, WVR said:

Yes, he said his phone was “Blowing Up” with coaches reaching out. “No shortage of coaches wanting to be a part of this program”. 

I think he was a bit surprised by the amount of calls he was getting. 

"phone blowing up"...

Auburn is an extremely attractive place to coach.  It is a great place to raise a family.   Beautiful town, the pay is very good, lots of spirit.  etc.  etc.  etc.    We all know all of that.   Most coaches know that.

In the coaching circles there are LOTS of coaches that would love to work for Harsin.  They know a good thing when they see it.  They know  he is a great coach.  They either want to learn from him,  or just coach with the man.  They see what is about to happen with Auburn in the next 3-4 years.   They want to be part of it. They are wanting to get on board while the openings are there.

CBHs phone would be busy as new HC at  ANY  school.   Any new head coach's phone at Auburn would be busy,  But when you add the two together.... 

Bryan Harsin + Auburn University =  Phone BLOWING UP!

Who wouldn't want to be part of this?

I like the intensity.  And I like that he doesn't seem to "put on" hype.  He strikes me as a demanding guy with a definite plan and way he likes things done.  I'm excited to see what he does.

I won't be upset if anyone disagrees, but he kind of struck me (in personality and what he said) as a cross between Saban and Dabo.

Archived