2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

8 hours ago, au701948 said:

I genuinely believe that if players begin to receive stipends/money on top of scholarships, the question of being allowed to opt in or out would be a definitive part of that “employment agreement”. That is exactly what it then becomes.

If Auburn wanted to get ahead of this, they would have a degree program for their players where they focus on 

• selecting agents and alternate careers
  • budgeting and making tactical and strategic financial decisions
  • streamlining how to coach HS football and an  alt teaching certificate
  • How to start a sales career in different fields
  • how to start a career in logistics (growing industry)

and if the money comes, they get a set of mutual funds upon completion of this degree program.  

If they don't graduate - it is pro-rated by how many seasons/games they play perhaps.  

But set up a program so they are ready for careers after Auburn that are focused on them.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

To me, it kinda sounds like Peters is calling out some quitters. Same with Big Cat.

Maybe. I wish some of these guys would come out just to say what they're doing. 

Schwartz has been as cryptic as possible lol

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Maybe. I wish some of these guys would come out just to say what they're doing. 

Schwartz has been as cryptic as possible lol

So many are online attention whores. They just post stuff because they know it gets attention. Schwartz seems to be one of those, but that's just my opinion. If he just came out and said what he was doing, no one would care anymore.

21 minutes ago, Beaker said:

how to start a career in logistics (growing industry)

This is an existing and popular major at Auburn, called Supply Chain Management

22 hours ago, Beaker said:

If Auburn wanted to get ahead of this, they would have a degree program for their players where they focus on 

• selecting agents and alternate careers
  • budgeting and making tactical and strategic financial decisions
  • streamlining how to coach HS football and an  alt teaching certificate
  • How to start a sales career in different fields
  • how to start a career in logistics (growing industry)

and if the money comes, they get a set of mutual funds upon completion of this degree program.  

If they don't graduate - it is pro-rated by how many seasons/games they play perhaps.  

But set up a program so they are ready for careers after Auburn that are focused on them.

I like your direction here.  I would add courses on getting married, staying married, raising your kids, coaching little league, going to dance recitals, being involved in your kids lives, etc.  The things that are the real mark of a man and seem desperately lacking.  

2 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Watching bamzos play yesterday and one of the players got his degree in.....wait for it... Sports Hospitality. 

SMH

That was Mac Jones I believe.  A Masters in that degree.  A 4.0 student who got his BS in 2.5 yrs.    I’m sure the guy is bright and all but my son and daughter had friends who went to Bama and got multiple degrees simultaneously whereas AU appears to be the same when my wife and I went there.   You gotta bust it to get ONE degree in 4 yrs.  

Anyone hearing anything on Seth yet? At the beginning of the year, I would’ve guessed he was gone. But his numbers fell off later in the season, and he didn’t look as dominant. Any chance he returns?

Screenshot_20210102-184451_Twitter.jpg

Just to clarify KJ Britt and Anthony "Flash" Schwartz are the only two official NFL draft declarations.

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This seems strange. I see the follow up tweet asks the same question, but is this unusual?

My guess would be Director of Football Operations

Stan White better do his 1/11

Larrondo has also worked in radio and television during his career, serving time as color commentator for Boise State football and basketball, as well as Idaho Stallion football. He also co-hosted a one-hour talk show about Boise State athletics from 1998-2003.

Joking by the way

Probably to help him in the transition and finding coordinators. Someone he really trusts.

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

Probably to help him in the transition and finding coordinators. Someone he really trusts.

If he's just now starting to find coordinators then we're very far behind the eight ball

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If he's just now starting to find coordinators then we're very far behind the eight ball

He made the comment about as soon as he was hired people were reaching out to him. Plus at this time of season, with counter offers, people just finishing playing. For instance Leby at OM, lane just got an extension, someone like streeter, they just played last night. Someone like Avalos who played today. Just the nature of the game with the timing of this. It’s also important to have somebody on board that you trust that is going to have your back.

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He’s got people in mind and probably working contacts, but still a ways to go in actually hiring and bringing them in for interviews etc...

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

He’s got people in mind and probably working contacts, but still a ways to go in actually hiring and bringing them in for interviews etc...

That's even worse, tbqh

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

He knows who he wants

There really shouldn't be much holdup outside if they are still coaching...and unless they are NFL or Bama/OSU everyone's done.

Archived