2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

Just now, W.E.D said:

There really shouldn't be much holdup outside if they are still coaching...and unless they are NFL or Bama/OSU everyone's done.

As of yesterday or today for a lot of coaches. Give him a minute or two before you freak out.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, toddc said:

As of yesterday or today for a lot of coaches. Give him a minute or two before you freak out.

No one is freaking out.  Staff announcements should be starting tomorrow.  He's been here for almost a week and a half, season is over, and burning time.  Everything is at a stand still until hires are made.

I can't imagine he was hired w/out saying who his OC/DC would be.  If we're still "working contacts" and "interviewing people" then that's an awful sign.  I don't that is the case, at least I hope not.

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one is freaking out.  Staff announcements should be starting tomorrow.  He's been here for almost a week and a half, season is over, and burning time.  Everything is at a stand still until hires are made.

I can't imagine he was hired w/out saying who his OC/DC would be.  If we're still "working contacts" and "interviewing people" then that's an awful sign.  I don't that is the case, at least I hope not.

I like Harsin's dad's quote that he keeps bringing up...

"When you're going to go over 200 miles-an-hour in a car in six seconds, that thing better work, right?" Harsin said. "... We work on cars, we build cars, it takes time and people get extremely impatient. 'Do you want it done right, or do you want it right now?' That was one of his favorite lines right there. ... 'I can make it run, it's not gonna run like you want to.'

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Just weird there's no news or leaks. Texas is already making moves and their new head coach hasn't even sniffed their campus yet. 

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Just weird there's no news or leaks. Texas is already making moves and their new head coach hasn't even sniffed their campus yet. 

This last week has been whatever, but the clock is now ticking unless we are waiting on an NFL Coach.  Even if that's the case, we should be able to fill out position coaches.  

Wonder if Seth playing yesterday is a sign that he’s coming back?  I don’t really see the point in him playing otherwise.

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

What's the rush? Let's get it right instead of getting it done in a hurry. Recruit signing day is in February. Spring practice, if there is going to be one, won't be until March/April. He has plenty of time to line up a staff.

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I can't imagine he was hired w/out saying who his OC/DC would be.

I can't imagine any scenario in which he would be able to say who his coordinators would be prior to him being hired.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What's the rush? Let's get it right instead of getting it done in a hurry. Recruit signing day is in February. Spring practice, if there is going to be one, won't be until March/April. He has plenty of time to line up a staff.

The portal, especially this year, is possible immediate impact players. We drag our feet for another week and that chance is gone. 

If we go another week with out any hires we've wasted nearly 3 weeks and BH had no plan coming in. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can't imagine any scenario in which he would be able to say who his coordinators would be prior to him being hired.

No, we can hire position coaches before coordinators

Well, Harsin by himself can’t run off season workouts which are supposed to begin 1-11.   

And yes, the portal is moving quickly and would be nice to sign a couple guys.  Also, Grant Calcaterra is still waiting on new staff to make decision but not a huge need at TE honestly.  

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Most HC won't without consideration from the coordinators

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The portal, especially this year, is possible immediate impact players. We drag our feet for another week and that chance is gone. 

If we go another week with out any hires we've wasted nearly 3 weeks and BH had no plan coming in. 

Not 100% sure if Harsin calls plays himself or not but usually OC and DC have some input on position coaches.  

People need to be patient. Does CBH come across as a person that doesn't have a plan? He doesn't to me. Just wait a day or so and you'll see some movement.

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Dude, you wrote this: "I can't imagine he was hired w/out saying who his OC/DC would be."  You chose the topic, own it.

There is no rush to acquire transfers. The idea that opportunity will be gone in a week is silly.

4 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Well, Harsin by himself can’t run off season workouts which are supposed to begin 1-11.   

And yes, the portal is moving quickly and would be nice to sign a couple guys.  Also, Grant Calcaterra is still waiting on new staff to make decision but not a huge need at TE honestly.  

geez...we don't deserve a great program. You heard the man! Getting it right may not mean right now! 

5 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I don't understand why we were interested in any football player that has already suffered multiple concussions. Let alone another TE. AU recruiting this guy was a puzzling decision.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Most HC won't without consideration from the coordinators

That's my point. If we are waiting on an NFL guy, say the DB coach in Miami... They can have an agreement and say "Yeah fire Rodney bc I've got my guy but Keep Twill and Pogue"...or whatever 

I think the first recruiting CBH needs to be doing is in the locker room.  It is critical he hangs onto guys like Seth and Tank.  They are the game changers.  

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Dude, you wrote this: "I can't imagine he was hired w/out saying who his OC/DC would be."  You chose the topic, own it.

There is no rush to acquire transfers. The idea that opportunity will be gone in a week is silly.

That's specifically internally to his bosses. 

He 100% presented a plan to our committee and Greene on who his coordinators would be. 

2 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I think the first recruiting CBH needs to be doing is in the locker room.  It is critical he hangs onto guys like Seth and Tank.  They are the game changers.  

Gotta have coordinators and position coaches to do that 

I’m very confident in coach Harsin to hire a great staff.  More so than we AU Family message board posters. 😉

Lmao @mikey down voting the fact potential head coaches don't outline thier staff plans before being hired 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That's specifically internally to his bosses. 

He 100% presented a plan to our committee and Greene on who his coordinators would be. 

That's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That's ridiculous.

If we hired a coach without a specific plan as to who his staff would be then we will be terrible. 

That didn't happen, CBH laid out a plan on who he'd hire or at a minimum his top 2. Coach don't go into jobs without an idea of who their staff will be. 

Maybe out of the blue Texas muddies the water a little with the big splash yesterday?

Archived