2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

If we hired a coach without a specific plan as to who his staff would be then we will be terrible. 

That didn't happen, CBH laid out a plan on who he'd hire or at a minimum his top 2. Coach don't go into jobs without an idea of who their staff will be. 

Just because you want to hire someone doesn’t always mean they’ll take the offer. Who you want might get another offer etc.. There’s no doubt he outlined a plan to the committee and probably told them some names he might want, but that’s not set in stone. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is all this if we have spring ball crap?  Seriously we just played a season, it is not even a question if it is to happen or not at this point.

20 minutes ago, toddc said:

Just because you want to hire someone doesn’t always mean they’ll take the offer. Who you want might get another offer etc.. There’s no doubt he outlined a plan to the committee and probably told them some names he might want, but that’s not set in stone. 

Sure... But coaches talk. He didn't say names he didn't think would come or they talked about coming...  and if we can't hire anyone on his initial list/plan , that's bad. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sure... But coaches talk. He didn't say names he didn't think would come or they talked about coming...  and if we can't hire anyone on his initial list/plan , that's bad. 

I assume you hire a head coach based on vision for the program and the process to achieve it...not some shortlist for a specific hire.

Having said that, today was my day.  CBH has me getting anxious! Need the first name to drop!

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, that would be "bad". However, there is zero indication that he has missed on anyone that may or may not have been on his "list". LSU still hasn't filled positions on their staff that became open before we even named Harsin the HC (Bo Pelini was let go on the 21st, Harsin announced on the 22nd). The fact that nothing has happened yet isn't indicative of anything yet.

18 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I assume you hire a head coach based on vision for the program and the process to achieve it...not some shortlist for a specific hire.

Having said that, today was my day.  CBH has me getting anxious! Need the first name to drop!

Definitely... But that vision would include you OC/DC

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Definitely... But that vision would include you OC/DC

That is a very tactical item.

The vision should include parameters for the hire, style of play, type of person, track record with player development, key NFL/P5 qualifications, recipe for success type of stuff he would be looking for in his first OC or when replacing an OC. He may have 4 different ones while he is here.

Sure, he may then offer a few names of people that fit that mold as examples but you have to understand that it would be hypothetical. No way he had  already narrowed in on one or two names. That would be a worrisome, rigid mindset for him if true

McCreary is leaning towards staying

Big Kat is on the fence

No official announcement from anyone other than KJ Britt and Schwartz

Removed all the guesses and rumors. Going to change the list when things are guaranteed and official not just rumored or believed.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Big Kat is on the fence

He definitely needs to return and hopefully be coached how to rush the passer

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He definitely needs to return and hopefully be coached how to rush the passer

And not jump offsides

Having twins has to make it a hard decision but I can't imagine he'd be a high round draft pick.

He mentioned how he thought he'd feel more comfortable leaving if he went out on a win. Also talked about not being healthy most of the season makes him kinda think about coming back. Hoping for us and him he does.

26 minutes ago, Zeek said:

McCreary is leaning towards staying

Big Kat is on the fence

No official announcement from anyone other than KJ Britt and Schwartz

Removed all the guesses and rumors. Going to change the list when things are guaranteed and official not just rumored or believed.

af8ac7884abc9ec995f16e6c723ab1e1.gif

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

And not jump offsides

Having twins has to make it a hard decision but I can't imagine he'd be a high round draft pick.

He mentioned how he thought he'd feel more comfortable leaving if he went out on a win. Also talked about not being healthy most of the season makes him kinda think about coming back. Hoping for us and him he does.

Would be a mistake for him but I honestly don't know that he can raise his stock any. With new coaches though, it is worth a shot. I dont see how he even gets drafted.

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Would be a mistake for him but I honestly don't know that he can raise his stock any. With new coaches though, it is worth a shot. I dont see how he even gets drafted.

If he could finish on his pass rushing he should be able to drastically bump up his stock.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If he could finish on his pass rushing he should be able to drastically bump up his stock.

Fairley went from showing brief flashes to being completely dominant and a Lombardi winner in one year. Not sure Bryant has that potential but with some coaching up and a new scheme, who knows?

Glad to see we got our TE numbers back to 7.  I saw that a Fr TE from LSU is in the portal.

Let's go for 8!

Just now, AUGoo said:

Duh.

Who Dat?

Lol come on bruhhhhh. The best assistant coach recruiter in the southeast Auburn alum Dell McGee.

This would be a coup if we can pull Dell in for our recruiting! Let’s gooooo!!!

Note the Duh part.  Sorry. I'm ignorant.

Never seen the man before.

Sounds like a winner!

Sign him up!!

31 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Note the Duh part.  Sorry. I'm ignorant.

Never seen the man before.

Sounds like a winner!

Sign him up!!

This board has been clamoring for him for years. I think it would be a great first hire if CBH could pull it off.

18 minutes ago, toddc said:

This board has been clamoring for him for years. I think it would be a great first hire if CBH could pull it off.

I think McGees name has been coming up as a hire since the Barfield days. 😄😉

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

If harsin could pull this off, I’d really like the direction we are going

I’m hoping whoever brought McGee’s name up if he stays at UGa is put on trial like in that silly Dr. Pepper commercial (which I find a little funny I’m sad to say, lol). Looking at you @Zeek😑

Archived