2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol I am! Wonder Woman 1984 was fun but too long so I can multitask

Almost turned it on tonight, but decided to leave it for tomorrow.  Looking forward to it.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

please, don't put this curse on us 

I don’t see any way that Loy unseats Nix as the starter.  No disrespect to Loy, but what I see from CBH, he takes full advantage of what he has to work with.  

If he kept TWill, Crimedog, and Caddy, and then hired new everywhere else, I wouldnt be sad. 

3 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I just don’t understand it.  I hope CBH takes a look at out grouping of TEs and figures out a way to use them or utilize them elsewhere.

He ran a lot of 12 and 13 while at Boise

7 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I missed where Joiner was transferring. Dang. I don't know football so much but he seemed to have so much to offer as an offensive weapon.

He essentially became a gadget player. He’s a guy with decent hands and a big frame that can make people miss in space. He was able to put on weight with his frame, but he just never turned the corner. He was expected to eventually take the kind of role JJ Pogues played this year. Wasn’t able to show the versatility he was expected to have. Others on this board might say he was misused. I personally think he just wasn’t able to handle the role that he should’ve grown into, and ended up as just a deep back up running back. 

11 hours ago, clwn said:

I hope Schwartz comes back. Dude is flat out fun to watch and is dynamic when given the ball. Just find anyway to feed it to him. Also, does Grant Loy have another year of eligibility? If so, got a feeling he might make a run for starting QB over Nix. Then again, could just be all the Ham I just ate lol.

Somebody spiked the egg nog?

12 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

We will definitely need to do some work via the transfer market for Running Backs.  Two scholarship backs in no bueno.

Also...7, SEVEN, scholarship Tight Ends.  Why was Gus so focused on bringing in all these TEs when he has shown time and time again, he doesn’t know what that position does.

Roughly 8% of our roster space is being used by Tight Ends lol

That's fine if you're running two-TE sets or if you're rotating them like crazy to wear out linebackers.

We don't do either of those things lol

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Psssttt... Bird.... you know damn well 95% this board has no idea what that means.

6 hours ago, ChrisH said:

If he kept TWill, Crimedog, and Caddy, and then hired new everywhere else, I wouldnt be sad. 

I get this thinking but when you're trying to change a culture everyone must go. Imagine they don't like CBH's approach and go to the former assistants to complain.

That's how toxic infighting builds up.

10 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Almost turned it on tonight, but decided to leave it for tomorrow.  Looking forward to it.

Some people are trashing it but I think it's good. DC needs to keep leaning in to the more cheesy hokie approach. It's part of what makes heroes fun.

12 hours ago, toddc said:

I believe once you’re in the transfer portal you can be contacted by teams.

Can MAR still practice with the team and play in the bowl game now that he is in the transfer portal?  Curious about Harsin recruiting him to stay along with Shivers. Then we are back in business. 

14 hours ago, clwn said:

I hope Schwartz comes back. Dude is flat out fun to watch and is dynamic when given the ball. Just find anyway to feed it to him. Also, does Grant Loy have another year of eligibility? If so, got a feeling he might make a run for starting QB over Nix. Then again, could just be all the Ham I just ate lol.

Only way Nix doesnt start is if Harsin can somehow get Hank Bachmeier to transfer. That is if the NCAA will let football players transfer with no penalty.

12 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Can MAR still practice with the team and play in the bowl game now that he is in the transfer portal?  Curious about Harsin recruiting him to stay along with Shivers. Then we are back in business. 

Yes he can.   I hope he does and sees we need him desperately 

23 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

I don't know if he can get both, as the backfield would be crazy loaded. Getting at least one of them back would be great though.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Psssttt... Bird.... you know damn well 95% this board has no idea what that means.

Refresher course...

The personnel numbering is based on the number of RBs and TEs. 

image.png

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Many should, it's explained it many times.

Refresher course...

The personnel numbering is based on the number of RBs and TEs. 

image.png

That’s a cool graphic! I’ll be stealing this 

1 minute ago, AUinGA44 said:

That’s a cool graphic! I’ll be stealing this 

Who are we kidding, that's what we do best. 😂

44 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That's fine if you're running two-TE sets or if you're rotating them like crazy to wear out linebackers.

We didn't do those types of things

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I understand that, but 7 TEs is still crazy.  

43 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Which baffles me why Gus and co. were trying to get a roster full of TEs.

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We didn't do either of those things  UNDER MALZAHN!

FIFY

edit- I see @bigbirdBird beat me to it. He is out early and often this morning!

1 and 2 or 1 and 3= 1 RB+2 te=12 package etc...

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Gus was recruiting for Harsin to run the 12 and 13 like at Boise

7 minutes ago, Martian Manhunter said:

Thank you. 

War Eagle

Anytime!

Seriously, if there are any things said or talked about that some don't understand, then feel free to ask. There are enough coaches and others on here that would be happy to explain things

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Anytime!

Seriously, if there are any things said or talked about that some don't understand, then feel free to ask. There are enough coaches and others on here that would be happy to explain things

So nobody, not one team, runs the wishbone anymore?  Wouldn’t that be a 31 or 32?

11 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

So nobody, not one team, runs the wishbone anymore?  Wouldn’t that be a 31 or 32?

I'm sure there are some goal line packages that use those types of numbers. 

Archived