2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of surprised Mason hasn't brought a single coach with him or a hire that was one of his guys. Unless he picks the OLB/Dae coach it's two Bosie guys and two AU guys

32 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Per 247, DJ Williams to Florida St.  

Yup. Wouldn't want to run behind that OL against that schedule.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I thought Jamien Sherwood was leaving? Also, didn't Caleb Johnson decommit from us and commit to Notre Dame?

Sherwood is still undecided.

Different Caleb Johnson. The one you're referring to is an OT. The one on the roster is a DE.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

You think Bo Nix will stick around even though he won't have Gus & Chad any longer?

Yes, he didn’t come to Auburn for Gus and Chad.  Now if he loses the starting job he may look around but as long as he’s starting he’ll stay at AU.  

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm kind of surprised Mason hasn't brought a single coach with him or a hire that was one of his guys. Unless he picks the OLB/Dae coach it's two Bosie guys and two AU guys

It’s been heavily hinted that Zac was Mason’s choice.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

It’s been heavily hinted that Zac was Mason’s choice.

Yes I heard Mason is close to Ted Roof, who was DC when Zac was at AU, and that he gave Mason a strong rec for Zac.

It seems to me that Harsin/Mason might be waiting to see if Avalos is wanting to hire Danielson as DC. If they do, I feel like they’ll hire TWill. If not, then I think Danielson comes here. This is all my assumption, though. 

How many scholly players do we have?  Has the NCAA made any adjustments to the 85 limit since they are giving kids an extra year of eligibility?  

11 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

How many scholly players do we have?  Has the NCAA made any adjustments to the 85 limit since they are giving kids an extra year of eligibility?  

Only thing I have read is Seniors do not count as part of the 85

53 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

It seems to me that Harsin/Mason might be waiting to see if Avalos is wanting to hire Danielson as DC. If they do, I feel like they’ll hire TWill. If not, then I think Danielson comes here. This is all my assumption, though. 

My thoughts exactly.  Danielson didn’t actually turn us down, he was just having second thoughts.  My guess is he told Harsin he wanted to see if Avalos gets the Boise HC job and has a role for him there.  I suspect he does and will be on Avalos’ staff. But if Avalos doesn’t offer him I think Harsin told him I’ll hold the job open for you until you know your status at Boise.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

You think Bo Nix will stick around even though he won't have Gus & Chad any longer?

He'll be a lot better off without them

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

such a bummer . 

All indications are that a new culture is being installed around AU football. Not everybody that was here will want to stay. Better for them and us to hit the road now rather than later. We can find another 3rd team RB.

How many scholarships do we have open?   It seems like we have more than 30 with  all of the defections.

What is  the limit per recruiting class?  (25?)

Can we use the portal to fill out upperclassmen's scholarships? (adding to the "25")

Do they count against the "25"? 

Didn't TN or Arkansas use some work around recently to get something like 35+ schollies in a recruiting class?

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

All indications are that a new culture is being installed around AU football. Not everybody that was here will want to stay. Better for them and us to hit the road now rather than later. We can find another 3rd team RB.

I think RBs got too used to seniority. Just guessing. 

21 hours ago, dilligas said:

I read somewhere he was interviewed.  Not sure when or if it is true or not.

Not as of yesterday afternoon.

13 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

he just parted ways with the Dolphins a couple days ago

Not sure he wants to get back into the college game & the grind of recruiting. We will see though.

8 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

How many scholarships do we have open?   It seems like we have more than 30 with  all of the defections.

What is  the limit per recruiting class?  (25?)

Can we use the portal to fill out upperclassmen's scholarships? (adding to the "25")

Do they count against the "25"? 

Didn't TN or Arkansas use some work around recently to get something like 35+ schollies in a recruiting class?

@Quietmaninthecorner 1. 13 if everyone who has signed, enrolls

2. correct

3. Part A yes. Part B no. Transfers count as part of the yearly 25 new enrollee limit.

4. Answered in 3B

5. No. The max is 25 period. When you see teams have more than 25 it means they didn't enroll 25 the previous year & are counting a January enrollee to the previous year. The most January enrollees that can be counted to the previous year is now 5.

Archived