2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

16 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I love AUNerd but Going to need where he saw that T-Will had interviewed. Nerd is a fan & awesome one at that but he is not someone I would use as an original source on such things. Latest from JGT yesterday afternoon was T-Will had not been interviewed.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Point was trying to correct me when he hadn't been hired officially yet at my or your attempted corrected post was pointless & unnecessary. Nothing personal. Just didn't appreciate the attempted jab with nothing official at either time.

ETA: if it wasn't a jab then I don't see the point of your original reply on it. Either way I'm moving on.

By the time I posted that he was hired it had been made official.  I was not trying to correct you, only stating the fact he was hired.  You have this habit of going on the defensive whenever anyone questions anything you post, but in this case I was only providing information, not trying to imply you were wrong.  I could care less if you are right or wrong.  Not everything I post is true and when I’m wrong someone will usually correct me.  I’m fine with that.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

If we’re following the same pattern, we should get another announcement or two today on staff. 

Yep! That’s the expectation.

46 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

With 4 slots still open, who might feel them or who would you like to have on the staff?

Brick Haley, TWill, McLendon, and honestly maybe even Porter.

Someone from the NFL would be cool.

Harsin hires Brad Bedell from Boise as Auburn tight ends coach

5 minutes ago

Bryan Harsin has made some trips back to Idaho since being hired as Auburn's head coach Dec. 22. On one of those visits, he convinced his offensive line coach from Boise State to follow him to the Plains.

Auburn announced on Sunday that Brad Bedell is Harsin's pick to coach the Tigers' tight ends on his inaugural staff. Bedell, a former NFL offensive lineman, had been Harsin's offensive line coach and run game coordinator in Boise since 2017.

An All-American right guard at Colorado, Bedell was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft. He spent six years in the league with the Browns, Dolphins, Packers and Texans.

In addition to being crucial to Harsin's efficient offenses, Bedell boasts a handful of individual standouts from his O-line units in Boise. In four seasons, seven different Broncos from his room were named All-Mountain West, including three earning first-team honors in their respective seasons. 

Bedell's most successful pupil at Boise was Ezra Cleveland, who was taken in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft and is currently was the Vikings' starter at right guard this season as a rookie.

Bedell's coaching career began when he returned to his alma mater as an offensive intern in 2007. After three years behind the scenes with head coach Dan Hawkins— who had just taken the Colorado job after a stint at Boise State, where Harsin was Hawkins' tight ends coach for four years — Bedell became the offensive line coach at Northern Colorado in 2010, then UC Davis in 2011 and New Mexico State in 2012. When Harsin was hired to replace Gus Malzahn in 2013, he brought Bedell as his O-line coach with the Red Wolves.

When Harsin went back to Boise State as the program's new head coach in 2014, Bedell jumped to Texas State for two seasons. He then spent one season at Baylor as an offensive quality control analyst, and planned to become Lamar's new offensive line coach before Harsin plucked him for his Boise State staff in 2017.

Auburn Undercover is updating this story. Check back soon for additional information.

3 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

So as we figured, 3 spots left

WR, ST, OLB/Buck, DL, Safeties still to fill. Going to need some split duties.

It's plausible Derek Mason takes ownership of safeties 

I thought the additional year for seniors would have been a more popular option, but it seems any using it are just using it to transfer.  

We haven't heard a senior yet that is opting to play the extra year for Auburn.  Doesn't mean none will, just odd to me.  A free extra year of college football?  sign me up.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, Zeek said:

Orange = Signee

Blue = transferring to Auburn

Coaching Staff (Previous--->New)

HC | Gus Malzahn --->  Bryan Harsin

OC | Chad Morris --->  Mike Bobo

QB | Chad Morris ---> Mike Bobo

RB | Carnell Williams ---> STAYING

WR | Kodi Burns --->

TE-HB | Larry Porter ---> Brad Bedell (Co-OL)

OL | Jack Bicknell Jr. ---> Will Friend

-------------------------------

DC | Kevin Steele --->  Derek Mason

DL | Rodney Garner --->

LB | Travis Williams ---> Jeff Schmedding (ILB & Run-D Coordinator)  

DB | Wesley McGriff ---> Zac Etheridge (CB coach)

D Analyst | Al Pogue --->

ST | Larry Porter --->

SC | Ryan Russell --->  Jeff Pitman

***Brad Larrondo (Associate AD & Football Administration & Chief of Staff)

Players

Quarterbacks (5->4)

Bo Nix

Grant Loy

Chayil Garnett

Dematrius Davis

Sawyer Pate (Walk-On might receive a scholly)

Running Backs (5->2)

Tank Bigsby

Shaun Shivers

Wide Receivers (11->10)

Kobe Hudson

Ja'Varrius Johnson

Shedrick Jackson

Malcolm Johnson Jr

Elijah Canion 

Caylin Newton

Ze'vian Capers

JJ Evans

Hal Presley

Tight Ends & HBacks (5->6)

JJ Pegues

Brandon Frazier

Luke Deal

Tyler Fromm

John Samuel Shenker

Landen King

Offensive Linemen (15->16)

Jalil Irvin

Nick Brahms

Tate Johnson

Brenden Coffey

Tashawn Manning

Avery Jernigan

Keiondre Jones

Brodarious Hamm

Kameron Stutts 

Alec Jackson

Austin Troxell

Brandon Council

Prince Micheal Sammons

Kilian Zierer 

Kamaar Bell

Garner Langlo

--------------------------------------------

Defensive Linemen & Buck (15->17)

Colby Wooden

Derick Hall

Romello Height

TD Moultry

Zykeivous Walker

Jay Hardy

Caleb Johnson

Daniel Foster-Allen

Jaren Handy

Dre Butler

Jeremiah Wright

Marquis Burks

Tyrone Truesdell

Lee Hunter

Marquis Robinson

Tobechi Okoli

Ian Matthews

Linebackers (10->7)

Owen Pappoe

Zakoby McClain

Desmond Tisdol 

Chandler Wooten

Wesley Steiner

Cam Riley

Kameron Brown

Defensive Backs (15->15)

Roger McCreary

Jamien Sherwood

Chris Thompson Jr

Devan Barrett

Ladarius Tennison 

Nehemiah Pritchett

Malcolm Askew 

Marco Domio 

Smoke Monday

Eric Reed Jr

Zion Puckett

Jaylin Simpson

Ahmari Harvey

Kamal Hadden

Armani Diamond

Kicker

Anders Carlson

Punter

Ian Marshall

Oscar Chapman

Transferring Out:

Mark-Antony Richards --->

Cord Sandberg --->

Matthew Hill ---> USF

Harold Joiner ---> Michigan State

Coynis Miller ---> Jackson State (Deion Sanders' school)

DJ Williams ---> FSU

Big Kat Bryant --->

Daquan Newkirk --->

Graduating or Entering NFL Draft:

KJ Britt

Anthony Schwartz

Seth Williams

Eli Stove

Christian Tutt

Jordyn Peters

Updated the Big Kat and Newkirk transfer. Didn't have to update Bedell because what everyone expected was true. 

I would have liked those two to stay but the younger guys behind them have actually impressed me more. 

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

WR, ST, OLB/Buck, DL, Safeties still to fill. Going to need some split duties.

It's plausible Derek Mason takes ownership of safeties 

Interested to see how this is going to be split among the three remaining spots. I would expect one of the existing coaches to get special teams. I expect the same with safeties. Surely we will have a WR and DL coach without split duties. 

20 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I'd like to see coach Harsin close out the staff with the hiring of Larry Porter, Travis Williams and Bryan McClendon.

So, who out of that group can coach defensive line?

Archived