2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

6 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Getting impatient again for naming last three spots haha

I’ve heard zero news today re those 3 spots.  I’m beyond impatient.  I’ve been checking this page like every 5 minutes all day.  

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Getting impatient again for naming last three spots haha

I will be surprised if Wyatt is not hired as WR coach. Thought it would be announced by now. 

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I will be surprised if Wyatt is not hired as WR coach. Thought it would be announced by now. 

In another thread, someone mentioned that they felt like they had picked up on a trend with the announcements. Something about skipping a day then announcing? not sure about their theory, that's all i have with that.🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

In another thread, someone mentioned that they felt like they had picked up on a trend with the announcements. Something about skipping a day then announcing? not sure about their theory, that's all i have with that.🤷‍♂️

I hope at some point they have a presser to introduce the coaches.  Seems like they’d have done that by now for Bobo and Mason.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, Zeek said:

Orange = Signee

Blue = transferring to Auburn

Coaching Staff (Previous--->New)

HC | Gus Malzahn --->  Bryan Harsin

OC | Chad Morris --->  Mike Bobo

QB | Chad Morris ---> Mike Bobo

RB | Carnell Williams ---> STAYING

WR | Kodi Burns --->

TE-HB | Larry Porter ---> Brad Bedell (Co-OL)

OL | Jack Bicknell Jr. ---> Will Friend

-------------------------------

DC | Kevin Steele --->  Derek Mason

DL | Rodney Garner --->

LB | Travis Williams ---> Jeff Schmedding (ILB & Run-D Coordinator)  

DB | Wesley McGriff ---> Zac Etheridge (CB coach)

D Analyst | Al Pogue --->

ST | Larry Porter --->

SC | Ryan Russell --->  Jeff Pitman

***Brad Larrondo (Associate AD & Football Administration & Chief of Staff)

Players

Quarterbacks (5->4)

Bo Nix

Grant Loy

Chayil Garnett

Dematrius Davis

Sawyer Pate (Walk-On might receive a scholly)

Running Backs (5->2)

Tank Bigsby

Shaun Shivers

Wide Receivers (11->10)

Kobe Hudson

Ja'Varrius Johnson

Shedrick Jackson

Malcolm Johnson Jr

Elijah Canion 

Caylin Newton

Ze'vian Capers

JJ Evans

Hal Presley

Tight Ends & HBacks (5->6)

JJ Pegues

Brandon Frazier

Luke Deal

Tyler Fromm

John Samuel Shenker

Landen King

Offensive Linemen (15->16)

Jalil Irvin

Nick Brahms

Tate Johnson

Brenden Coffey

Tashawn Manning

Avery Jernigan

Keiondre Jones

Brodarious Hamm

Kameron Stutts 

Alec Jackson

Austin Troxell

Brandon Council

Prince Micheal Sammons

Kilian Zierer 

Kamaar Bell

Garner Langlo

--------------------------------------------

Defensive Linemen & Buck (15->17)

Colby Wooden

Derick Hall

Romello Height

TD Moultry

Zykeivous Walker

Jay Hardy

Caleb Johnson

Daniel Foster-Allen

Jaren Handy

Dre Butler

Jeremiah Wright

Marquis Burks

Tyrone Truesdell

Lee Hunter

Marquis Robinson

Tobechi Okoli

Ian Matthews

Linebackers (10->7)

Owen Pappoe

Zakoby McClain

Desmond Tisdol 

Chandler Wooten

Wesley Steiner

Cam Riley

Kameron Brown

Defensive Backs (15->14)

Roger McCreary

Chris Thompson Jr

Devan Barrett

Ladarius Tennison 

Nehemiah Pritchett

Malcolm Askew 

Marco Domio 

Smoke Monday

Eric Reed Jr

Zion Puckett

Jaylin Simpson

Ahmari Harvey

Kamal Hadden

Armani Diamond

Kicker

Anders Carlson

Punter

Ian Marshall

Oscar Chapman

Transferring Out:

Mark-Antony Richards --->

Cord Sandberg --->

Matthew Hill ---> USF

Harold Joiner ---> Michigan State

Coynis Miller ---> Jackson State (Deion Sanders' school)

DJ Williams ---> FSU

Big Kat Bryant --->

Daquan Newkirk --->

Christian Tutt --->

Graduating or Entering NFL Draft:

KJ Britt

Anthony Schwartz

Seth Williams

Eli Stove

Jordyn Peters

Jamien Sherwood

Moved Tutt from NFL Draft to transfer portal.

Like others mentioned it seems like announce, wait a day, make more announcements. 

Regardless, they seem to be hitting the transfer portal hard right now talking with players.

Harsin and Bobo have also been in contact with a 4* 2022 QB, 5* 2022 QB, and an FCS transfer portal QB.

We've contacted Hunter (high school RB) and a backup RB from Buffalo with a good build.

Tavarish seems to be a battle between us & A/M. We want him at WR.

Eric Wilson (OG from Harvard) appears to be a priority but he keeps repeating he needs to get to know the coaches.

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

Some of this transfer portal stuff is just nonsensical.  What's up with the transfer hysteria?

It was a shiny brand new toy a lot of kids (or their "advisors")  wanted to play with. Now, the NCAA, which never ruled that transfers could play immediately at their new school, has said that will not be approved this year. Unless the guy is a grad transfer, he'll have to sit a year at his new school before playing. I look for a lot of these guys in the portal to try to crawfish back to their old school. A good many won't be welcomed back.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

It was a shiny brand new toy a lot of kids (or their "advisors")  wanted to play with. Now, the NCAA, which never ruled that transfers could play immediately at their new school, has said that will not be approved this year. Unless the guy is a grad transfer, he'll have to sit a year at his new school before playing. I look for a lot of these guys in the portal to try to crawfish back to their old school. A good many won't be welcomed back.

I like it. It’s one of those things that sounds great on paper, but in reality it creates too many unintended consequences. Players should be able to transfer and play immediately if their HC is fired or leaves imo. That’s about it. Some hire lawyers (Justin Fields), but CFB free agency might not be as great as it sounds. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What are those unintended consequences? 

Some of these guys may get stuck in the portal with no school to take them when they could have stayed put and kept their scholarship. Im a little worried thats going to happen to somebody that was ill advised to leave.

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

Some of these guys may get stuck in the portal with no school to take them when they could have stayed put and kept their scholarship. Im a little worried thats going to happen to somebody that was ill advised to leave.

That's definitely going to happen. It is incumbent upon the players to do their homework. But I don't see the potential of Player B making a poorly informed and wrong decision superseding the right of Player A to make the right decision for his future. 

Also, keep in mind that the majority of players who enter the portal do so because they had an unlikely path to playing time at their initial school to begin with. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

That's definitely going to happen. It is incumbent upon the players to do their homework. But I don't see the potential of Player B making a poorly informed and wrong decision superseding the right of Player A to make the right decision for his future. 

Also, keep in mind that the majority of players who enter the portal do so because they had an unlikely path to playing time at their initial school to begin with. 

I get what you're saying coming from a making it to the NFL point of view but Im looking at a graduating point of view with no debt. At the end of the day I support more freedom to an individual and if the guy makes a bad decision, well thats life. Just bringing up a possible problem with the portal.

25 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

And it can be deceiving to some “out” or “alternative,” when sometimes it will be more of a hindrance to the player. It allows for choices, which I support, but it’s also a convenient way for players to run from their problems. That’s more of a micro level but still. Just because it’s an option doesn’t mean it will always be the wise road to take. 

It raises the question in some cases as to why even bother recruiting multiple players for a position? One will just leave if they don’t get their way. That’s not always the case, but when you’re wasting time and money on these guys, you need to think of every possible variable.

A bunch of players (sort of like now at Auburn) can decide to bolt. The team is awful the next year because of the lack of depth. The coach gets fired. The program descends into chaos. That’s a stretch but absolutely possible when players aren’t on contract. 

Love the program/school, like the players. I want what’s best for Auburn because it’ll still be here after 4 years. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

TD Moultry going to return and change positions to LB per Jason Caldwell. Maybe a light will turn on at his original position 

Alright, this is what i wanted for a while now. 

Here's who should be AU's 3 remaining hires.

Travis Williams - OLB coach.

Bryan McClendon - WR coach.

Tosh Lupoi or Marion Hobby - DL coach.

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Here's who should be AU's 3 remaining hires.

Travis Williams - OLB coach.

Bryan McClendon - WR coach.

Tosh Lupoi or Marion Hobby - DL coach.

I’ve been holding out hope that we hire McClendon despite the buzz around Wyatt. 

This has been an interesting process.  Contrary to our reputation we do not change coaches that often so I do not remember how long it took Gus to put his staff together.   It seems this is taking a long time but it is probably about average.  

Just now, Tony4AU said:

Bruce Feldman and Football reporting Tracy Rocker for DL Coach

now there's an unexpected blast from the past

Archived