2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm sure there are some goal line packages that use those types of numbers. 

I was kidding. I just noticed the chart stopped at 23. We certainly can’t run it anymore. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I get this thinking but when you're trying to change a culture everyone must go. Imagine they don't like CBH's approach and go to the former assistants to complain.

In my experience, having a holdover or two from a previous staff can really help a head coach navigate the waters, especially in those crucial transition years. Having an assistant that knows the players, administrators, opponents, and the lay of the land can save you a ton of time and headaches. If Harsin runs things the way it appears he will, the players and assistants will know, without a doubt, who’s in charge. I’ve been hired on at schools with assistant holdovers and without, and I absolutely prefer the former. Everyone just needs to know who the alpha is from the jump.

If Kellen Moore is named head coach at Boise State as is expected, hopefully Harsin can bring Andy Avalos in as defensive coordinator.

1 hour ago, chimes said:

In my experience, having a holdover or two from a previous staff can really help a head coach navigate the waters, especially in those crucial transition years. Having an assistant that knows the players, administrators, opponents, and the lay of the land can save you a ton of time and headaches. If Harsin runs things the way it appears he will, the players and assistants will know, without a doubt, who’s in charge. I’ve been hired on at schools with assistant holdovers and without, and I absolutely prefer the former. Everyone just needs to know who the alpha is from the jump.

Just make sure those holdovers aren't Steele or RG. That's all I ask.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Psssttt... Bird.... you know damn well 95% this board has no idea what that means.

thisguy.gif

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm thinking coach Harsin will sign a good number of transfer OL, DL and maybe a RB or two.

Agreed.  I think the transfer market will be big for Coach over the next few weeks.

22 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I don’t see any way that Loy unseats Nix as the starter.  No disrespect to Loy, but what I see from CBH, he takes full advantage of what he has to work with.  

Loy also isn't good or has any upside to be good 

that's not me personally attacking him, but this guy didn't come here to play football 

BH should be one of the biggest fans for Tenneesee boosters. Get Hugh out of the paint, and maybe you can figure out a way to butter Malik up. It's such a huge risk, and Idk if I'd personally do it, but the guy still has a ton of friends here. 

I'd at least give him a call. Might be my bias talking, but he's the already ahead of schedule version of DD. I dunno what, if anything close to elite, we have out of Bo. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

BH should be one of the biggest fans for Tenneesee boosters. Get Hugh out of the paint, and maybe you can figure out a way to butter Malik up. It's such a huge risk, and Idk if I'd personally do it, but the guy still has a ton of friends here. 

I'd at least give him a call. Might be my bias talking, but he's the already ahead of schedule version of DD. I dunno what, if anything close to elite, we have out of Bo. 

You give CBH the raw talent of Bo Nix and let him Coach him up.  Bo has been learning on the fly during his two years at Auburn, and I use the “two years” loosely as I don’t think much coaching has been occurring since the onset of Covid.  Let CBH work with Bo and see what we have there.  He’s a raw talent and still has 3 years of eligibility.  I fully expect to see a different Bo with CBH behind the wheel.

8 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

You give CBH the raw talent of Bo Nix and let him Coach him up.  Bo has been learning on the fly during his two years at Auburn, and I use the “two years” loosely as I don’t think much coaching has been occurring since the onset of Covid.  Let CBH work with Bo and see what we have there.  He’s a raw talent and still has 3 years of eligibility.  I fully expect to see a different Bo with CBH behind the wheel.

Completely agree. A lot of people bash Nix but the kid is a fierce competitor with a good bit of untapped potential. BH is supposedly known for developing QBs so I’m hopeful he can get Nix on track 

28 minutes ago, chimes said:

Completely agree. A lot of people bash Nix but the kid is a fierce competitor with a good bit of untapped potential. BH is supposedly known for developing QBs so I’m hopeful he can get Nix on track 

It is gonna be a bit of a challenge to fix his confidence to trust his pocket and remember his footwork and fundamentals when the lights are on, but I hope it is successsful

On 12/26/2020 at 8:23 AM, bigbird said:

Refresher course...

The personnel numbering is based on the number of RBs and TEs. 

image.png

Now that makes perfect sense...thanks Bird!

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

Anytime!

Seriously, if there are any things said or talked about that some don't understand, then feel free to ask. There are enough coaches and others on here that would be happy to explain things

What is the meaning of life?  Asking for a friend...

18 minutes ago, Warbird82 said:

What is the meaning of life?  Asking for a friend...

I'll defer to Golf for this one. He has far more experience than all of us

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll defer to Golf for this one. He has far more experience than all of us

True dat...lots of experience!

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Malik looked good in beating coastal last night. Think he may be one that got away. 

Archived