2021 Player Addition and Player Attrition

Zeek

Y'all gotta chill. Tank isn't going anywhere and almost no one from 24/7 knows **** all about anything else.

I'm tired of this fortune telling crap where people make general statements they can back out of later.

Ruining someone's chance to announce? It's not the same as announcing a commitment lol. Especially with it allegedly being non-starters.

Here's what we know (with actual names and not bull s*** innuendo)

QB - no names mentioned leaving. It is believed Cord Sandberg is iffy because he likely just wants to coach and most staffs in the SEC probably don't give him a scholly.

RB - MAR is in the portal. I've asked 247 writers, members on here, and some of the bigger Twitter guys none believe Harsin can talk him into staying. Shivers is supposed to enter the portal after the bowl game. 

WR - there's zero knowledge about this group. Only speculation. Schwartz was in south Florida when everyone else reported to practice. Maybe he's injured, maybe he's sick, maybe he's opting out, he's flat out said he's not transferring, and maybe he opts out of the bowl game just to return next year. No one knows. Seth Williams is expected to go pro but could return. Stove no one seems to know. 

TE - zero information. The group is crowded so maybe someone leaves. My guess would be Fromm based off usage IF anyone.

OL - we don't have great starters but we have a lot of numbers here. A transfer wouldn't be surprising.

I can go on but my point is it's not hard to speculate. No one knows anything and we look stupid panicking over every Player's insta story.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless if they don't want to be at Auburn then the coach doesn't want them there. If they leave its for the best. But as stated above at this point nobody really knows. Give the coach time to make his hires and talk with the athletes and then lets see where we are. 

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Y'all gotta chill. Tank isn't going anywhere and almost no one from 24/7 knows **** all about anything else.

I'm tired of this fortune telling crap where people make general statements they can back out of later.

Ruining someone's chance to announce? It's not the same as announcing a commitment lol. Especially with it allegedly being non-starters.

QB - no names mentioned leaving. It is believed Cord Sandberg is iffy because he likely just wants to coach and most staffs in the SEC probably don't give him a scholly.

RB - MAR is in the portal. I've asked 247 writers, members on here, and some of the bigger Twitter guys none believe Harsin can talk him into staying. Shivers is supposed to enter the portal after the bowl game. 

WR - there's zero knowledge about this group. Only speculation. Schwartz was in south Florida when everyone else reported to practice. Maybe he's injured, maybe he's sick, maybe he's opting out, he's flat out said he's not transferring, and maybe he opts out of the bowl game just to return next year. No one knows. Seth Williams is expected to go pro but could return. Stove no one seems to know. 

TE - zero information. The group is crowded so maybe someone leaves. My guess would be Fromm based off usage IF anyone.

OL - we don't have great starters but we have a lot of numbers here. A transfer wouldn't be surprising.

I can go on but my point is it's not hard to speculate. No one knows anything and we look stupid panicking over every Player's insta story.

Folks are just anxious. Not alot of things to talk about yet with staff, players leaving etc being held off until after the bowl game. Pretty sure we'll start seeing alot more movement this weekend. Even with that,  I'm sure there will be things happening that we might not like to hear....at face value. Keep in mind this will be a culture shift in coaching philosophy. Some of these kids may not like Hardin's tough love approach and transfer. We need to prepare ourselves for that, because I'm sure a few will leave.

Folks are just scared of the unknowns. The players, assistants and fans are in no-man's land right now. Just be patient. You can't want this level of change at HC and not expect any fallout. 

I believe this coach will do a better job developing the players to get to the next level, but until we see it play out, it's just hope at this point. 

This is like dejavu all over again after the crazy coaches search thread! 😝 

When does 2nd semester start?  I’d imagine we’d have a pretty good idea who has left the program at that point.  Do universities honor scholarships if you enter the transfer portal?

On 12/25/2020 at 7:37 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

I will repeat this one time and one time only...EVERYONE HAD A MULLIGAN YEAR DUE TO COVID SO EVERYONE WHO CHOOSES TO DO SO MAY RETURN NEXT YEAR.

That’s not flash’s reason . The olympics was moved back to next summer in Tokyo . Folks forget flash is a world class sprinter . That individual award has been in his dream all life. If he leaves it will be to follow that dream . 🙏😊👍🦅 

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

Folks are just anxious. Not alot of things to talk about yet with staff, players leaving etc being held off until after the bowl game. Pretty sure we'll start seeing alot more movement this weekend. Even with that,  I'm sure there will be things happening that we might not like to hear....at face value. Keep in mind this will be a culture shift in coaching philosophy. Some of these kids may not like Hardin's tough love approach and transfer. We need to prepare ourselves for that, because I'm sure a few will leave.

Anxious for what? My gosh lol

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

When does 2nd semester start?  I’d imagine we’d have a pretty good idea who has left the program at that point.  Do universities honor scholarships if you enter the transfer portal?

Not sure when semester starts but players should be back on campus 1/10.  

Up to the school and depends on who the player is if they would honor scholarship.  

I have mixed feelings on players entering the portal AND whether or not their original program should honor a scholarship for the player.  I've been riding the fence on this for a while.  

Plenty of good reasons for players to sit out,  but...

I'm paying close to $1/4 million  for my son to go to Auburn for 4 years.    Players are getting full ride scholarships to play football and represent Auburn.  Not just to play "only when they want to."   If they want to sit out or pursue another options that is fine,  but they should be obligated to pay back a % of their scholarship  money.  1/12 for every game they choose to sit out.

Down vote all you want.  $60,000 worth of tuition paid  per year to not play in a bowl game is ridiculous.

With a new staff, there are always going to be transfers as the staff get “their” guys. It’s silly to think everyone will just stay around. Some will declare early, and some will transfer. It’s the name of the game in our scenario. Buckle up. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Anxious for what? My gosh lol

Anxious for news. Folks are impatient. Been pretty quiet past few days...lol. I'm just taking the waiting patiently route, but I can see why some can't be after that crazy coaching search debacle.

3 hours ago, leglessdan said:

This, especially considering that there is very little known about potential staff hires, etc, at the moment. We’re basically just trying to find something to help give us an outlook on next year.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Everyone has been worried about Kevin Steele's retirement vesting on here but what about Cord Sandberg??? 

Maybe it's me just being me, but if we lose Flash, we have that super fast phenom from VA (Johnson) who might fill that role, somewhat. 

Also Z Capers looked quite capable at times last year....

I think we have some capable depth.

Also, Stove may return to try to get some time to finish his phd.  I am not sure, but I think I saw Stove drinking coffee with the old timers at McDonalds  Monday.  

Don't forget that Baylor kid we flipped.  

And ....wait for it.....don't we have a 6'8" TE who can catch? 

I am not worried about the WR room.

The RB room concerns me greatly.  This feels like 2017 all over again where we had 1 back who could carry the load.  Wish we could snag LJ Johnson somehow, someway.   I liked him better that Armani from the get-go.  Harsin recruited TX hard last yr, who knows.  

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

Anxious for news. Folks are impatient. Been pretty quiet past few days...lol. I'm just taking the waiting patiently route, but I can see why some can't be after that crazy coaching search debacle.

Based on coach quotes about patience , I don’t expect any movement to happen until after the bowl game. This time only allow others to get into a frenzy about Snapchat and TikTok posts. Or get into arguments with random new posters. 

The poor timing of the coaching transition has thrown us all off.  Typically we'd get a head coach, he or she would name their staff in the following week and then we'd get a few weeks until NSD. 

Right now we've got 4 dozen articles about one 45 minute introductory press conference, and no, not even our players, give a crap about this week's game.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Maybe it's me just being me, but if we lose Flash, we have that super fast phenom from VA (Johnson) who might fill that role, somewhat. 

Also Z Capers looked quite capable at times last year....

I think we have some capable depth.

Also, Stove may return to try to get some time to finish his phd.  I am not sure, but I think I saw Stove drinking coffee with the old timers at McDonalds  Monday.  

Don't forget that Baylor kid we flipped.  

And ....wait for it.....don't we have a 6'8" TE who can catch? 

I am not worried about the WR room.

The RB room concerns me greatly.  This feels like 2017 all over again where we had 1 back who could carry the load.  Wish we could snag LJ Johnson somehow, someway.   I liked him better that Armani from the get-go.  Harsin recruited TX hard last yr, who knows.  

Seven.  We will have seven scholarship tight ends on the roster.

Archived