Schwartz

RunInRed

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW that is a Challenger dash! Some will understand!

I don't know if that clip really means anything or is true,  but I do not want someone that will cut and run when the going gets tough.  No matter how talented.

edit: the above post was worded poorly and came across as more aggressive than it sounded in my head.     I still stand by the sentiment tho.

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I don't know if that clip really means anything or is true,  but I do not want someone that will cut and run when the going gets tough.  No matter how talented.

To be fair to the kid, his best long term earning potential may well be in track.  He legitimately has tough choices to make for his future.

Something doesn't add up. He's been talking about next year a lot leading up to this.

Sorry but I disagree. If he's opting out to prepare for the NFL good for him. Plenty of players do it and I respect the decision completely. 

A lot bigger things in life than a bowl game being coached by a traitor.

I think that’s a little unfair.  Schwartz has to do what he thinks is right for him, given all the circumstances.  He decided to play this season despite the risk involved.  If he intends to enter the upcoming NFL draft, it may not make sense to risk injury in an essentially meaningless bowl game.  I would to see him play in the orange and blue again, but he’s got to follow his own path.

26 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

It says tweet sent in Alabama at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To be fair to the kid, his best long term earning potential may well be in track.  He legitimately has tough choices to make for his future.

I understand.     I worded that a little rough.   Still,  If he is choosing track  over football there is no reason why he should stick around.  I want the players who want to be here playing football.  I do not want anyone who's heart is not in it.  I want the players that will fight to the end no matter the circumstances.   Anyone that walks away shows their heart is not in it.    Sometimes that can change (Bo Jackson).   But they are choosing something over Auburn football.  They are choosing to fight for something else.   

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Something doesn't add up. He's been talking about next year a lot leading up to this.

Sorry but I disagree. If he's opting out to prepare for the NFL good for him. Plenty of players do it and I respect the decision completely. 

A lot bigger things in life than a bowl game being coached by a traitor.

Im with ya. I thought he was a lock to come back based on his recent posts.

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

I think that’s a little unfair.  Schwartz has to do what he thinks is right for him, given all the circumstances.  He decided to play this season despite the risk involved.  If he intends to enter the upcoming NFL draft, it may not make sense to risk injury in an essentially meaningless bowl game.  I would to see him play in the orange and blue again, but he’s got to follow his own path.

Agree. Whether it's track or the League....Whatever it is....I will never fault a player for trying to better their situation. I may think they made a mistake or may have benefited more by coming back, but many of these kids do not come from anything closely related to money.

They talk to the people around them and if there is a chance they can make it on a roster...I mean...what's league min. 400k-ish? Not many jobs that offer that kind of loot and that's for a guy that signs as an undrafted FA. They get drafted more a multi mill deal that's life changing. I never understood the old argument "Stay in school and get your degree". You can always come back and finish, but if you stay when you could play NFL you could end up having a career ending injury and then that life changing money is gone.

I am starting to ramble so I will close with this:

I will never judge a player for leaving early to do what he thinks is best. I hope he comes back but I wish him all the luck in the world in whatever choice he makes. War Damn Eagle and War Damn Flash!

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

That geo marking is from Christian Clemente 

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will never fault a player for trying to better their situation. 

Woah.  slow down there people.  I am not faulting him.   

Just that I do not want players that are not willing to stick it out. Even if he has to cross train on top of football.   Love the guy, I wish he would stay.  If he wants to leave,  I hope he finds what he is looking for.       To me ,  if a player wants to leave he is not the type of payer I want.   The only reason that is acceptable would be family health or something along those lines.  

IF a player wants to leave,  good for them.    They must not have been that committed in the first place. 

I think he is trolling anyway.   

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Woah.  slow down their people.  I am not faulting him.   

Just that I do not want players that are not willing to stick it out. Even if he has to cross train on top of football.   Love the guy, I wish he would stay.  If he wants to leave,  I hope he finds what he is looking for.       To me ,  if a player wants to leave he is not the type of payer I want.   The only reason that is acceptable would be family health or something along those lines.  

IF a player wants to leave,  good for them.    They must not have been that committed in the first place. 

I disagree. I get where you are coming from , but saying if a kid wants to leave then he must have never been committed is disingenuous. If Flash leaves to pursue NFL or track, doesn't mean he was not fully committed to his team for the 3 years he was here.

Sometimes you want something until you don't.

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Woah.  slow down their people.  I am not faulting him.   

I think he is trolling anyway.

I agree re the trolling.  Flash likes to have fun with social media.  I bet a dollar to a donut he plays in the Citrus Bowl and is back for 2021.

With all the total bonkers crazoid stupid BS that has gone on here on UF the past few weeks, I am in the "wait and see" mode on EVERY Fkin' THING.

Maybe he doesn't want to waste his time or potential for injury with the final game of the Gus/Chad melting pot offense.

I feel like he could just tell HC BH that he will be back but doesn't want to risk it on Friday. 

Maybe just wishful thinking 

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I disagree. I get where you are coming from , but saying if a kid wants to leave then he must have never been committed is disingenuous. If Flash leaves to pursue NFL or track, doesn't mean he was not fully committed to his team for the 3 years he was here.

Sometimes you want something until you don't.

I feel like I am getting painted into a corner.   And I am forced to defend  a position that probably isn't even a real thing.   But I would have to say IF he is leaving,  he is not 100% committed anymore.   If you are not 100% committed   I wont pout about you leaving.  I will find someone that is hungry for the chance.    It is just the way I am wired. 

I am going to stop now before I dig myself into a deeper hole.

WDE to everyone in the thread.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Really?? 

(I am as knowledgeable about professional track as I am about soccer :rolleyes: . But I dig watching them both!) 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Really?? 

(I am as knowledgeable about professional track as I am about soccer, but I dig watching them both.) 

I thought he was saying potential wise... He would make more money as a big fish in a smaller pond,  than an average size fish in the ocean.   

(I have no idea either about track star $$)

40 minutes ago, toddc said:

Maybe I am just an AOM, but I just don't get these cryptic "tweets". 

In fact, Twitter and Facebook...etc. -in general - are the devil's work.  >:( 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Maybe I am just an AOM, but I just don't get these cryptic "tweets". 

In fact, Twitter and Facebook...etc. -in general - are the devil's work.  >:( 

I agree on the Silicon Valley crowd, they scare the heck out of me! 😝 

Archived