Schwartz

RunInRed

Hopefully he isn't upset about Gus getting let go. He can't possibly think he was well utilized the past 3 years. Good grief, it would be borderline Stockholm Syndrome.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds to me like we have had some “me first” players in the locker room. I’m glad they’re leaving. As much as I would like to have Flash’s speed next year, if he’s not all in, I don’t want him around those guys who are. Let them all walk. Rebuild with those who are committed. 

He really should go the track route, that's where he fits best, but I'm sure he's going to try and get drafted to get at least one good payday. I dont see him making it in the NFL though, not anything of significance anyway. Simply having straight line speed might get you signed, but it wont keep you around long. His ball skills as a WR are average at best, maybe not even that. He has no wiggle when he runs. Not a return guy. Routes need a lot of work. And apparently he's a legend in his own mind.

18 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Hopefully he isn't upset about Gus getting let go. He can't possibly think he was well utilized the past 3 years. Good grief, it would be borderline Stockholm Syndrome.

I am CONVINCED that any kid who Gus actually signs to play in his offense completely buys in to whatever Gus says. Like, some of our players still describe him as "an offensive genius". 

5 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

He really should go the track route, that's where he fits best, but I'm sure he's going to try and get drafted to get at least one good payday. I dont see him making it in the NFL though, not anything of significance anyway. Simply having straight line speed might get you signed, but it wont keep you around long. His ball skills as a WR are average at best, maybe not even that. He has no wiggle when he runs. Not a return guy. Routes need a lot of work. And apparently he's a legend in his own mind.

Don't say this too loud or you'll get heckled.

1 hour ago, placekicker said:

It sounds to me like we have had some “me first” players in the locker room. I’m glad they’re leaving. As much as I would like to have Flash’s speed next year, if he’s not all in, I don’t want him around those guys who are. Let them all walk. Rebuild with those who are committed. 

Unfortunately this is 2021 for most players in college now. Me first, team second or third. It's the great programs that seem to have the best chance at keeping it team first because someone is always ready to take their place if they decide to use the mirror as the first priority. Society is changing......and it's not just college football.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:15 PM, homersapien said:

Maybe I am just an AOM, but I just don't get these cryptic "tweets". 

In fact, Twitter and Facebook...etc. -in general - are the devil's work.  >:( 

me either. i am like wth? lol

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Unfortunately this is 2021 for People now. Me first, team second or third. It's the great programs that seem to have the best chance at keeping it team first because someone is always ready to take their place if they decide to use the mirror as the first priority. Society is changing......and it's not just college football.

FIFY

It's not just College kids. Our entire society is self centered.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

A lock on this thread seems like a good idea at this point

I second this.

stolen from the rant...............it sounds like flash might be mad.....

Jerraud Powers/Daren Bates
Not happy about Flash not playing. Comments on Twitter.

Powers: "His arse should be out there playing. Who he think he is."

Daren Bates made a series of comments talking about how Flash's speed isn't enough to get him high in the draft. Said he needs to work on his WR skills anyway.

For reference, Powers played 8 years in the league as a DB. Bates is still in the league as a LB.

I like it when guys who are in the league still care about AU football.

Oh, and apparently Flash took all reference to Auburn off his Twitter bio.

32 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

FIFY

It's not just College kids. Our entire society is self centered.

I pretty much stated that fact. 

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Society is changing

Nice way to put it...lol. I would use disintegrating but hey.

Fine with the "twidiots" hitting the road as soon as possible.

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yup, couple former Auburn guys getting in on the "lunacy".

Screenshot_20210101-151048_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210101-151137_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210101-151216_Chrome.jpg

You gotta feel a bit vindicated after that arguement the other day and seeing these tweets huh?

He's gonna do him. We'll do us.

It may be unpopular but I'm of the mind if anyone doesn't wanna be here then they need to go their own way so we can have a locker room full of guys who want to play for Auburn. We don't need players here mad because Gus got fired. We don't need guys here who are mad because Steele didn't get hired. We need a fresh start. If the current players wanna stay here, play for Harsin, and give their all for Auburn then great. The ones that don't can move on. The transfer portal is there and for the ones that are good enough the NFL is there. It's what's best for them and us.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I mean you and @bigbird had a field day mocking me for saying the exact same stuff he and DB did. 

Didn't have a field day with you at all stop being hurt. I agreed with you it takes more than being fast, what I said to you as you don't know how skilled he is. It's impossible for you know. 

I told him the same and of course they are going to go at him because of the circumstance. They would say he's trash right now but they don't think that

56 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I mean you and @bigbird had a field day mocking me for saying the exact same stuff he and DB did. 

Quote me where I mocked you. 

And I'm still wait for an answer to my question. No rush, I'll wait.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:35 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Woah.  slow down there people.  I am not faulting him.   

Just that I do not want players that are not willing to stick it out. Even if he has to cross train on top of football.   Love the guy, I wish he would stay.  If he wants to leave,  I hope he finds what he is looking for.       To me ,  if a player wants to leave he is not the type of payer I want.   The only reason that is acceptable would be family health or something along those lines.  

IF a player wants to leave,  good for them.    They must not have been that committed in the first place. 

I think he is trolling anyway.   

"Opting out" is a poor choice of words. "Quitting on your team" is much more accurate. Sick of the closet bammers on here who urge kids on Auburt to "opt out" and encourage their bammer players to "come back to win a championship." 

Wish Schwartz all the best.  As long as there isn't a mass exodus of the WR group, we have plenty of talent, and yesterday showed those guys are talented and hungry for playing time.   Thanks for your time!  Good luck!

Archived