Schwartz

RunInRed

That's my point. My point is you can't say a kid isn't a wr and he can't do this or that unless you saw them try to do those things and they weren't consistent in doing them. You can't say I didn't see him do it so he's not a wr.....What guys besides Seth have we seen do Seth things anyway? If we use that metric we don't have any "true" receivers on our team anywhere

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, Stove is our most complete receiver

I’ve loved his play since the day he housed one (not a word?, used as a verb), against Arkansas I think, on the first drive of the game, which seems like 10 years ago. 

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

While being misused in our terrible system Anthony Schwartz has place himself in the following rankings all-time for Auburn:

17th in Receicing Yards

10th in Receptions 

Averages 12.2 yards per reception (despite running dumb screens)

T-37th in receiving touchdowns

7.7 yards per carry on rushing attempts with 7 rushing touchdowns

It's wild to keep calling him a track guy. Just as annoying as saying Nick and Cam can't throw. Dumb and false narrative. 

Onterrio McCalebb is 10th all time in rushing. Would you call him a true RB or a track guy/athlete? 

3 hours ago, toddc said:

I’ve loved his play since the day he housed one (not a word?, used as a verb), against Arkansas I think, on the first drive of the game, which seems like 10 years ago. 

Wow that does seem like a long time ago Lol 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

AS has eaten more clean licks than anyone other than Tank and Worm lol. Tons of free shots on those weak ... bubble screens. “True WR” 

and he has fumbled a little too much on those type hits. He is not the type of WR that can absorb a solid hit constantly.

Its not his fault, but to me a 'true WR', is one that can run and when pressed still come down with the catch. Or can shield a DB to make sure he can catch the throw cleanly. Or can run streaks inside and outside near the sideline and know how to keep his feet inbounds and make a tough catch.

Its been on the coaches to make him a better 'WR'. he hasn't been able to learn that and use it, since he inconsistently has/has not gotten many catches.

Only his speed and his hands are going to get him drafted, but I don't think it will be by RD 2.

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

You really are saying since you haven't seen him do it he can't so he's not a wr. 

Bro he's been here 3 years. I have seen plenty. Screens and 9's are not literally his only routes. 80% probably? Sure. But he has runs out and up's, slants, quick-outs, wheels, whips, etc. 

Don't you think the most likely answer to this is that Bo AND AS are underperforming? Isn't it most likely that AS, like every other wideout under Gus, is athletic as hell but poorly coached and not technically sound?

4 hours ago, metafour said:

What the hell is a "true WR"?

McCalebb's issue was that he weighed less than 170 pounds and therefore he had ZERO use as a "RB".

Schwartz does NOT possess any crippling physical limitations. He can catch the ball and he can run routes well enough to entice teams. We did not use him well.

A true WR is technically sound and consistently catches low probability balls. 

You don't go to the NFL for making routine, wide open catches. It's impossible to do that at that level. NFL wideouts get paid to make catches on bad or contested balls. 

If anything, Bo's inaccuracy should give him MORE chances at highlight reel catches lol.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

What guys besides Seth have we seen do Seth things anyway? If we use that metric we don't have any "true" receivers on our team anywhere

We don't. We haven't for years. Gus' passing game is abhorrent. 

27 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Bro he's been here 3 years. I have seen plenty. Screens and 9's are not literally his only routes. 80% probably? Sure. But he has runs out and up's, slants, quick-outs, wheels, whips, etc. 

Don't you think the most likely answer to this is that Bo AND AS are underperforming? Isn't it most likely that AS, like every other wideout under Gus, is athletic as hell but poorly coached and not technically sound?

AS is open for a TD almost every game lol. He can’t throw the ball to himself

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

AS is open for a TD almost every game lol. He can’t throw the ball to himself

True. And Bo has botched a lot of them. But watch film on some of those bombs. Watch AS try to track deep balls and fail to adjust to the trajectory. He needs a lot of work.

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

A true WR is technically sound and consistently catches low probability balls. 

You don't go to the NFL for making routine, wide open catches. It's impossible to do that at that level. NFL wideouts get paid to make catches on bad or contested balls. 

If anything, Bo's inaccuracy should give him MORE chances at highlight reel catches lol.

You absolutely have not seen him run those routes but 👌🏾

Like I said historically this place has been the absolute worse at evaluating what guys are actually good and whose not. Especially at wr....when the guy is successful it will be he received unbelievable coaching and they coached him up. Pointless debate

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

What are we even arguing about here? 

Me: AS is an incredible athlete but not a true WR, needs work for the NFL.

Cole: We haven't seen enough of him to know. 

I'm sure we both agree we'd love him to come back.

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Want me to send YT of our games with the time stamp? You are speaking out of depth.

No. I don't doubt you've watched the games but you haven't seen him run all those routes during the games. If our wr's ran all the routes and so on there wouldn't be an issue on the wr's progression. 

But like I said that's what people do I guess

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Me: AS is an incredible athlete but not a true WR, needs work for the NFL.

Cole: We haven't seen enough of him to know. 

I'm sure we both agree we'd love him to come back.

Not just Cole....it's just Cole is the one you choose to keep arguing with. Other guys said the same thing as me and you even like their posts lol. It is what it is

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

What are we even arguing about here? 

The post this guy isn't a wr, but I really don't know what I'm saying post

Archived