Schwartz

RunInRed

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now this is you doing EXACTLY what you accused me of hilarious. Not going to do that with you though I'll just repeat Bo's performance has everything to do with this convo about AS. That's it

To your point about use in Gus' offense and Bo's bad play, though, it's safe to say AS would be in a more legitimate role in more legitimate offense next year. I don't think CBH pigeon-holes players like Gus.

I also think (hope) Harsin will be hard on Bo, and potentially bring in a grad-transfer to pressure him to either get better or ride the pine. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

To your point about use in Gus' offense and Bo's bad play, though, it's safe to say AS would be in a more legitimate role in more legitimate offense next year. I don't think CBH pigeon-holes players like Gus.

I also think (hope) Harsin will be hard on Bo, and potentially bring in a grad-transfer to pressure him to either get better or ride the pine. 

I agree with everything you said here but on the other hand he could feel like Bo is going to have to learn a new offenseand be may not feel like Bo is all that awesome of a QB. If he didn't feel like Bo is going to get better he could drop

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree with everything you said here but on the other hand he could feel like Bo is going to have to learn a new offenseand be may not feel like Bo is all that awesome of a QB. If he didn't feel like Bo is going to get better he could drop

I just want AS to get drafted as high as possible, because it's the only guaranteed bag they'll ever get. They could tear an ACL in their first preseason like Kenny Irons and poof, that's it. Or they could go late, and with the team investing less in them, they get lost in the cracks and don't get the development they need.

I root hard for our guys at the next level. It used to be so fun before Gus. His system and developmemt hurt a lot of our kids (unintentionally, obviously). Even just usage choices and depth chart choices wrecked a few.

I still cringe thinking about Nate Craig Myers. Talk about a guy who could do it all. SO much talent and looked amazing in the small glimpses we got. But Gus, in his infinite wisdom, buried him on the depth chart and rarely used him. 

Hopefully under CBH there aren't too many more stories of squandered talent.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I just want AS to get drafted as high as possible, because it's the only guaranteed bag they'll ever get. They could tear an ACL in their first preseason like Kenny Irons and poof, that's it. Or they could go late, and with the team investing less in them, they get lost in the cracks and don't get the development they need.

I root hard for our guys at the next level. It used to be so fun before Gus. His system and developmemt hurt a lot of our kids (unintentionally, obviously). Even just usage choices and depth chart choices wrecked a few.

I still cringe thinking about Nate Craig Myers. Talk about a guy who could do it all. SO much talent and looked amazing in the small glimpses we got. But Gus, in his infinite wisdom, buried him on the depth chart and rarely used him. 

I wish everyone could read this and support this train of thought. 

1 hour ago, mdp5150 said:

I wish everyone could read this and support this train of thought. 

College players need to look at draft position as the most important milestone for financial security, IMO. Because as I cited above, once you get to the league, it can all go wrong. You could get with a bad organization, you could get injured, you could get cut.

But that draft money is guaranteed. Look at Haskins. He was an absolute BUST but hey, he's got 4.2 mill coming his way regardless.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Nate didn’t fare better at CSU:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4035493/nate-craig-myers

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

NCM had a lot of talent. But system, development, and coaching matter. 

THIS!!!

I thought him sitting out of the game and talking out of class was a weaksauce move.  I'll remember the way he left more than anything he did on the field. 

5 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I thought him sitting out of the game and talking out of class was a weaksauce move.  I'll remember the way he left more than anything he did on the field. 

Yeah he has posted some "interesting" stuff on social... not a great look.

Is it officially a “done deal”?  Has he posted it or signed with an agent, or just more of the same, cryptic stuff?

Just now, AUght2win said:

Yeah he has posted some "interesting" stuff on social... not a great look.

If he can't take some heat from a few odd fans here, idk how he thinks he can handle it on a MUCH bigger stage. Whatever though, best of luck to the kid, but he seemed to try and play word games with folks and didn't like the response. The kid has room to grow,  but that's not for anyone but him to decide. 

he has been very vocal lately. 

MAR liked the latest tweet above. 

It makes me sad to think about what a mess the locker room may be. I do want AS to come back, but wish him luck in whatever he decides. 

2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Is it officially a “done deal”?  Has he posted it or signed with an agent, or just more of the same, cryptic stuff?

It sure seems like he is out.

20210101_191335.jpg

Sounds like the locker room is a mess. But it's not a big deal, really.  House cleaning always happens with new coaching staffs.  IIRC, Tubs cleared out some of Bowden's players.

Archived