What is with the Tank rumors??

wde1968

Tank will always our starting RB. If he is even thinking about going to ugly, I hope he knows he won't ever be the starter no matter what all Kirby tells him.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

has auburn turned ga in for trying to steal our running back? i am coming up with a plan that involves a drone and a large paper sack of cow manure that might accidentally fly over their stadium and crash on their logo.i cannot stand ga anymore. i hope someone gets me outta jail cus i am too old and fat to run anymore.

Not sure what AU is doing or going to do. Do know that the right people know this is happening. Be interesting to see what happens. 

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uga is trying to get him to transfer, which is illegal, but I don't think he will go anywhere. I do know that Harsin has talked to Tank and Tank was happy to hear what he was told by Harsin. 

Unless Tank was totally tied to GUs, and not playing for Auburn, then he should enjoy playing under Harsin. Harsin's offense is power run football still, and it should highlight his ability.

It's so typical to hear so many weird posts about players. We have gone down just about every decent player Auburn has for transferring out. It's that time of year, with a coaching change, and with instant clicks these so called 'sports- reporters' on internet want to build up their base and subscriptions...

47 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Tank will always our starting RB. If he is even thinking about going to ugly, I hope he knows he won't ever be the starter no matter what all Kirby tells him.

That is sure near sighted thinking. As good as Tank has shown, GA will definitely rely on him to run their power game.

Maybe you are referring to how they like to use a multi back offense. 

That is what we need to be doing. To run your horse down bc you don't spell him with another RB is only setting the team up for failure or eventual loss of your top tailback due to overwork....

3 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

It's pretty sad that people watch and hang on every tweet or IG post these kids have and run with it as it could be cryptic news.

Didn't people were talking everywhere but here so I figured I'd ask here as some here seem to truly have a few connections. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Y’all let these kids live man. Grown men on people IG story 

Sorry wrong again don't have IG I'm not a tidepod eating millennial. However it being plastered everywhere else is different story....

Arkansas fans, I think, are who started the rumor. They think Tank is interested in going to Arky which I find humorous.

Whether or not Tank transfers, I don't know.  But I do know this is the new CFB.  With the new transfer rule, you're going to have coaches "recruiting" people on someone else's roster and it's going to be a frequent thing.  I am sure Tank's phone has blown up with rival coaches trying to take advantage of AU's coaching change to encourage Tank to leave.  I just hope Harsin can get control of the situation.

1 minute ago, KnowItAll said:

Arkansas fans, I think, are who started the rumor. They think Tank is interested in going to Arky which I find humorous.

Whether or not Tank transfers, I don't know.  But I do know this is the new CFB.  With the new transfer rule, you're going to have coaches "recruiting" people on someone else's roster and it's going to be a frequent thing.  I am sure Tank's phone has blown up with rival coaches trying to take advantage of AU's coaching change to encourage Tank to leave.  I just hope Harsin can get control of the situation.

I'm pretty sure that Tank was going to transfer if Gus was back. So this started a while back not just with the coaching change. Pretty sure he isn't going to now. Coaching change helped us here. 

2 minutes ago, KnowItAll said:

Actually Auburn fans started it. He’s likely sitting out the bowl game (no need to risk further injury this season) and that’s it. There’s literally no upside to him going to another program. He’s already a first rounder here. Mods please close this thread already... 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'm pretty sure that Tank was going to transfer if Gus was back. So this started a while back not just with the coaching change. Pretty sure he isn't going to now. Coaching change helped us here. 

Yep I hear a lot of the younger guys were unhappy with Gus 

He's likely not playing in the bowl game but everyone is confident he's not leaving.

My guess is he's been battling a nagging injury all year.

Someone else said he supposedly already prefers Harsin to Gus but that's more rumor than fact compared to what I mentioned first.

21 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Sorry wrong again don't have IG I'm not a tidepod eating millennial. However it being plastered everywhere else is different story....

Then why are you in your feelings? Why are you feeding into an IG story or “Rumors” that can mean a many of things? These kids don’t eat , drink or breath Auburn . 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Then why are you in your feelings? Why are you feeding into an IG story or “Rumors” that can mean a many of things? These kids don’t eat , drink or breath Auburn . 

People with Instagram are tidepod eating millinials. I wouldn't even respond to someone after that.

Plus tidepod stuff was definitely more of a Gen Z stupidity thing.

Damn boomers lol

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

People with Instagram are tidepod eating millinials. I wouldn't even respond to someone after that.

Plus tidepod stuff was definitely more of a Gen Z stupidity thing.

Damn boomers lol

Nope GenX here but you going instant boomer tells yours.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

SEC should still maintain a 1 year sit-out rule for in-conference transfers.

Why? No such rule for coaches. Why should there be for players?

7 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Dang, Tank & Flash not playing in the bowl game. Joiner to Michigan St. MAR in the portal. 

Jeez, I may be looking for something else to do on Friday. 

New Year's Day is made for Football.  

There will be some good games played, it just may not be the Auburn game.😒

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not sure what AU is doing or going to do. Do know that the right people know this is happening. Be interesting to see what happens. 

It's pretty much free reign due to the new Covid transfer rules though.  Players can go anywhere with no penalty and existing players can stay an extra yr to play at their school.  

Are certain rules being relaxed relative to recruiting or contacting players from other programs?  I'd sure like for Auburn to open up communication lines with some stud Olinemen from other SEC programs.  😉

6 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Nope GenX here but you going instant boomer tells yours.

Lol you started the generation shaming not me!

Archived