What is with the Tank rumors??

wde1968

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

You’re right about this. However if Tank is gone because Gus/Caddy are gone then there’s nothing that could have been done. Tank will be able to make a difference for Auburn for two more years. Auburn will still be playing football after that. Got no choice but to think long term and any losses that come along with it Auburn will just have to eat. 

Yup. CBH just needs to hire the best recruiters he can (easier said I know).

Bird, would you say most here will be happy with the guy you're hearing we're looking at?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a really tough sell with the transfer portal into play. Urban didnt have to worry about that during his transition. The kids now can determine if they want to chance it or go some where thats established. Here's hoping the coach hires a great staff that can teach and recruit.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Its a really tough sell with the transfer portal into play. Urban didnt have to worry about that during his transition. The kids now can determine if they want to chance it or go some where thats established. Here's hoping the coach hires a great staff that can teach and recruit.

That's all we can hope for, at this point. 

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Mods could you PLEASE fill us in?!

Not a mod but he's not leaving.

Either way I think Auburn is destined to have a down year or two until CBH can establish his staff and get some of his recruits in. That’s the case with any coaching change. I’d be absolutely disgusted to see Tank go to UGA but if he’s gone then he is gone. It’s time to start a new era. Whatever is lost along the way will just have to be. 

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Either way I think Auburn is destined to have a down year or two until CBH can establish his staff and get some of his recruits in. That’s the case with any coaching change. I’d be absolutely disgusted to see Tank go to UGA but if he’s gone then he is gone. It’s time to start a new era. Whatever is lost along the way will just have to be. 

As WDE said if that’s the case it will be interesting to see what the people that know stuff do. They better go after kirby’s ass

Of course we have to pay dearly for daring to try to improve the coaching situation. Like I said earlier in another thread. The Tank’s and Seth’s of the world are going to go play for the good programs and we will be stuck with 3*’s that haven’t overperformed. This transfer portal stuff was like a glorified tryout. Now teams like Bama can go, “hey we will take you, since we know you’re good now”.

1 minute ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

Could very well be talking about Gilbert at LSU.

Could be but Gilbert has been talked about as a chance for UGA for over a week

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

hope this ain’t it or I’m gonna be broken 

If I had to guess,  it would be Shivers...man hate to a tough kid like that.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As WDE said if that’s the case it will be interesting to see what the people that know stuff do. They better go after kirby’s ass

They need to go after him for Gilbert from LSU too. One day when the hammer drops I hope it blows a hole through Athens GA. 

3 minutes ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

Could very well be talking about Gilbert at LSU.

Doubt he’s referring to Gilbert. UGA sportswriters have been hyping him and Tank for a few weeks now. I definitely think he’s hinting at Tank, just don’t know if it’s true. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

They need to go after him for Gilbert from LSU too. One day when the hammer drops I hope it blows a hole through Athens GA. 

Kirby knows where the skeletons are at bama. I don’t have a lot of faith 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Doubt he’s referring to Gilbert. UGA sportswriters have been hyping him and Tank for a few weeks now. I definitely think he’s hinting at Tank, just don’t know if it’s true. 

Yeah but Gilbert isn’t in the portal yet and the tweet stated that the player was about to enter the portal. Could be the O&B glasses but I just don’t see the Tank stuff moving that quickly, where as there has been smoke around Gilbert for a while.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

That can’t hurt

This transfer portal thing really needs to be fixed. Its really turning into the haves and the have nots. I know coaches change schools but the portal is becoming a revolving door. 

23 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

hope this ain’t it or I’m gonna be broken 

This from a guy who covers thuga.  Makes me a little nervous.  I wonder about the rumors that thuga has been ‘recruiting’ him via a back door,

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m afraid you are correct. I’m from Bulldawg country, about 20 minutes from where Kirby grew up. Straight Bulldawg country. There’s nothing I hate more than a UGA fan. If Tank were to leave, I could handle that. If Tank were to go to UGA I’d have a tough time with that. 

5 minutes ago, aub4life said:

This from a guy who covers thuga.  Makes me a little nervous.  I wonder about the rumors that thuga has been ‘recruiting’ him via a back door,

If he does, I hope AU people put all the stops out on Kirby, what good it would do, idk

Archived