What is with the Tank rumors??

wde1968

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I'm sure your joking right?

True freshmen, and not an elite one at that, being the savior at QB playing against AL, GA, TaM, LSU, etc?

No way....

I've seen numerous ppl think DD will be a difference maker next year

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

True freshmen, and not an elite one at that, being the savior at QB playing against AL, GA, TaM, LSU, etc?

No way....

Check out his stats maybe. His nickname is thick Marshall for a reason 

53 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No way....

Obviously, you have not watched one second of his videos or a single game. This guy is dynamic

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Does he?

I think so, but he has never been able to regularly step up in the pocket like people on here say he should. He’s been here 2 years and we have not protected him at all, why would he step up.... there were a few times yesterday when he could have but many many more times where the middle of the line collapsed and he had to run outside... fix the protection and schemes so he can read what is coming and have a legitimate option in the passing game..

3 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I’m not sure how many games Auburn will be in next year without a top tier back. If he goes, the offense will be unwatchable. Look at yesterday against NW. Harsin def has his work cut out for him. It could be 2 to 3 years before we field a team ready to compete with the strong SEC programs. Here’s to hoping we don’t continue losing players to the transfer portal. Hopefully the talent on the roster is better than we know and a new staff will be able to get full potential out of them. 

I respect your opinion, but yesterday was just another example of the wretched high school offense. It sucked before anyone stepped on the field. I hope Tank come back, but if not, I expect the offense to be more productive regardless of personnel. 

If guys transfer out, then it leaves opportunities for others to transfer in and this new staff will be able to recruit. 

Personally, I can’t sound the alarm when we’ve never seen this team play a down. 

5 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. The entire thing is going to get blown up. If you think it'll be the same, I dare you to watch the 2012 Iron Bowl and then watch the 2013 season.

True, I have no way of knowing anything, but neither does anyone else. My opinion was that if tank leaves, we have no sec caliber back unless we get a transfer and most transfers AU gets w the exception of Cam are on the lines. I don’t need to rewatch the 2012 game to give an opinion. I’m not against Harsin, but I am not thinking we are going to be able to pull a 2012 to 2013 kind of year. Other teams are much closer in talent to us now than they were 7 years ago. I mean look at the Arky, UM and SC games this year. 

18 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Other teams are much closer in talent to us now than they were 7 years ago. I mean look at the Arky, UM and SC games this year. 

Those teams were not that close talent wise. Those games can be pointed to coaching...and coaching only.

Throwing some spice in the rumor mill this morning! If true, sounds like Garner is going full Eric Ramsey on us...

At this point, every QB on the roster will have a chance to start.  Our current QB has the worst pocket presence I can recall.   I just don't think one off-season, even with a great QB coach, will give BN the confidence to step up and make the throws on time.  DE's being pushed up-field, like they should, and he spins out trying to get outside of them.  No eyes on the field, route timing, destroyed, a completion is a miracle at that point.  Just don't see that changing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Loy or Davis be the starter this year.   Some habits just can't be broken, hope I am wrong.

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Throwing some spice in the rumor mill this morning! If true, sounds like Garner is going full Eric Ramsey on us...

Didn't think I would ever feel this way, but Garner has to go.  Technique wise, our D-line was bad.  Look at all the guys we've had that didn't progress their game at all.  Yeah he has numerous guys in the NFL, let's be honest, D Brown, M Davidson, etc would've been in the NFL regardless of coach.   Add to that the turmoil in the locker room, no reason to keep him around.

I could see Caddy and possible Porter being kept.   Just don't know any other coach that should be retained.

3 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Check out his stats maybe. His nickname is thick Marshall for a reason 

He'll be a freshmen. Doesn't matter who his nickname is. Marshall came in as a JOCO jr, and put up those numbers.

A Tr FReshman isn't going to come in and start for Auburn, that is NOT a ready to play P5 QB. He is not that. 

He has a chance to be a quality QB, but he's not going to do it 2021.

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

Didn't think I would ever feel this way, but Garner has to go.  Technique wise, our D-line was bad.  Look at all the guys we've had that didn't progress their game at all.  Yeah he has numerous guys in the NFL, let's be honest, D Brown, M Davidson, etc would've been in the NFL regardless of coach.   Add to that the turmoil in the locker room, no reason to keep him around.

I could see Caddy and possible Porter being kept.   Just don't know any other coach that should be retained.

He can recruit but name me one player that was a stud coming out of high school that he has developed into an All SeC performer?   

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Where is Hokanson getting all this? Have no idea if his hints can be backed up. 

Why is he so ticked? 

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

e can recruit but name me one player that was a stud coming out of high school that he has developed into an All SeC performer?   

Meant “wasn’t “ a stud

2 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I think so, but he has never been able to regularly step up in the pocket like people on here say he should. He’s been here 2 years and we have not protected him at all, why would he step up.... there were a few times yesterday when he could have but many many more times where the middle of the line collapsed and he had to run outside... fix the protection and schemes so he can read what is coming and have a legitimate option in the passing game..

Sorry but if you watch the replays of our games this year, including yesterday, there are multiple plays that are busted where there is a place for Nix to step up.   Did you see the bomb Fields threw last night?  He was being pinched by both DE's with about 3 feet to move to get a clear throw, he did though.  He took a hit which is to be expected.  I'll go out on a limb and say Nix has been hit less than any QB in the SEC except Jones.   He doesn't like contact, period.

Can't say that for last year especially.  That line was so terrible the NFL decided to pay 4 of them.  Plenty of clips on YouTube of last years offense and Nix bailing when there was a clear pocket to step up in.   And I'm not even speaking to his poor mechanics, which is another topic, but go watch him throw the deep ball.  Rarely is the ball delivered where a receiver, wide open receiver, can get to it.   

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

He can recruit but name me one player that was a stud coming out of high school that he has developed into an All SeC performer?   

Garner?  none.   I think if Big Kat sticks around, and we see a coaching change at that position, he will finally reach his potential.  Along with the young guys on campus.  The D line isn't devoid of talent, just isn't being developed at all.

7 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Sorry but if you watch the replays of our games this year, including yesterday, there are multiple plays that are busted where there is a place for Nix to step up.   Did you see the bomb Fields threw last night?  He was being pinched by both DE's with about 3 feet to move to get a clear throw, he did though.  He took a hit which is to be expected.  I'll go out on a limb and say Nix has been hit less than any QB in the SEC except Jones.   He doesn't like contact, period.

Can't say that for last year especially.  That line was so terrible the NFL decided to pay 4 of them.  Plenty of clips on YouTube of last years offense and Nix bailing when there was a clear pocket to step up in.   And I'm not even speaking to his poor mechanics, which is another topic, but go watch him throw the deep ball.  Rarely is the ball delivered where a receiver, wide open receiver, can get to it.   

Bingo.

23 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Let sleeping dogs lie. It's over. No reason to burn down our own house. Don't be stupid enough to think we dont have some things to hide

12 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Easy there...Garner can coach and recruit. He was a fool for allegedly buying into KSteelee’s coup, but the man has a great reputation as a defensive line coach. I am guessing you meant was not a stud, correct?

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Where is Hokanson getting all this? Have no idea if his hints can be backed up. 

Why is he so ticked? 

I'm sure he has sources from when he worked at Rivals, but his boss is also a big time booster.... Especially with basketball. 

I think he's pretty wealthy and owns a few franchises/other businesses in Auburn 

3 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Easy there...Garner can coach and recruit. He was a fool for allegedly buying into KSteelee’s coup, but the man has a great reputation as a defensive line coach. I am guessing you meant was not a stud, correct?

Yes, I followed it up with “wasn’t “. But seriously give me one guy that he has coached up to an All SEC performer?  I can’t think of one.  

Archived