What is with the Tank rumors??

wde1968

21 minutes ago, USATiger said:I'll go out on a limb and say Nix has been hit less than any QB in the SEC except Jones.   He doesn't like contact, period.

That’s not true.  He often refuses to slide when running past the LOS, lowering his shoulder and seeking contact.  He refuses to throw the ball away; often heaving it as the defender is dragging him down.  He welcomes contact, on his own terms.

For some reason he won’t stand in the pocket and take hits, which is something he’s gotta correct if he ever wants to start again.  We can, and have, speculated endlessly on why he won’t stay put.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll ask this, anyone that remembers the Tuberville days, would you take Garner the coach over Dunn/Price the coaches?  How many 2/3 star players, has Garner made into All-SEC guys.  How many made the NFL? 

I've talked to Garner many times on the recruiting trail over the years.  I love the guy and appreciate all that he has done, but it is time to move off the field.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in a role at Auburn if Harsin sees fit but not as D line coach

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

That’s not true.  He often refuses to slide when running past the LOS, lowering his shoulder and seeking contact.  He refuses to throw the ball away; often heaving it as the defender is dragging him down.  He welcomes contact, on his own terms.

For some reason he won’t stand in the pocket and take hits, which is something he’s gotta correct if he ever wants to start again.  We can, and have, speculated endlessly on why he won’t stay put.

He doesn't shy from contact he initiates.  Completely different then being hit while throwing the ball.  Either way, stepping up to deliver a throw on time is crucial to success and he doesn't do it.  period.

5 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I'll ask this, anyone that remembers the Tuberville days, would you take Garner the coach over Dunn/Price the coaches?  How many 2/3 star players, has Garner made into All-SEC guys.  How many made the NFL? 

I've talked to Garner many times on the recruiting trail over the years.  I love the guy and appreciate all that he has done, but it is time to move off the field.  I wouldn't mind seeing him in a role at Auburn if Harsin sees fit but not as D line coach

We used to pine for Garner’s recruiting back then.  But dang, it’s hard to beat a Dunn/Price d-line.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Alright did JBoy say anything meaningful about this subject in the latest episode? I saw it advertised.

Said he'd be surprised if he left. 

Guest said he's got a ton of leverage and he's gonna be highly wanted by almost every program 

15 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

We used to pine for Garner’s recruiting back then.  But dang, it’s hard to beat a Dunn/Price d-line.

Price is still doing his thing at TAMU and doing it very well. 

FWIW: Regarding the Tank rumors, the UGA board seemed split on the rumor of a big SEC name in the portal: Tank vs Arik Gilbert. May be a good sign that Arik entered the portal today. 

25 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Yep, you still gotta coach them once you get them here.

FWIW, some of the UGA connecteds are hearing chances are at least 50/50 that Tank transfers to UGA. I hope to hell not. I know that’s not shocking info, but it’s not just their message board folks. 

I don’t have any personal insights, just my buddy who is tight with some of the Dawgvent folks and others. He’s the one who told me they fl$pped Picken$ before it was common knowledge.

Again, nothing new, and no proof of anything, but folks in Athens are getting interested.

3 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

FWIW, some of the UGA connecteds are hearing chances are at least 50/50 that Tank transfers to UGA. I hope to hell not. I know that’s not shocking info, but it’s not just their message board folks. 

I don’t have any personal insights, just my buddy who is tight with some of the Dawgvent folks and others. He’s the one who told me they fl$pped Picken$ before it was common knowledge.

Again, nothing new, and no proof of anything, but folks in Athens are getting interested.

If he ends up at thuga, we better not just sit and take it. KS is a cheat and we need to expose it.

4 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Lol no. It's not happening. Not sure why we keep fretting about it. Literally the only people driving this narrative is worried Auburn fans.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Lol no. It's not happening. Not sure why we keep fretting about it. Literally the only people driving this narrative is worried Auburn fans.

I think you’re right. But I’m curious what makes you so confident?

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

If he ends up at thuga, we better not just sit and take it. KS is a cheat and we need to expose it.

Georgia thinks we'll just sit there and take it, like good little boys! That we won't werewolf and go wild!

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

Sorry but if you watch the replays of our games this year, including yesterday, there are multiple plays that are busted where there is a place for Nix to step up.   Did you see the bomb Fields threw last night?  He was being pinched by both DE's with about 3 feet to move to get a clear throw, he did though.  He took a hit which is to be expected.  I'll go out on a limb and say Nix has been hit less than any QB in the SEC except Jones.   He doesn't like contact, period.

Can't say that for last year especially.  That line was so terrible the NFL decided to pay 4 of them.  Plenty of clips on YouTube of last years offense and Nix bailing when there was a clear pocket to step up in.   And I'm not even speaking to his poor mechanics, which is another topic, but go watch him throw the deep ball.  Rarely is the ball delivered where a receiver, wide open receiver, can get to it.   

You provided my point. Fields has not had to regularly run for his life. The OSU line protects him regularly which is more than I can say for what Bo had to do with. 

2 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I think you’re right. But I’m curious what makes you so confident?

Just from everyone supposedly "in the know" that's been right about a lot lately they believe we're fine.

Harsin will promise the world to keep him. With Worm supposedly leaving Tank and DJ are our only scholarship running backs.

Tank posts nothing but pro-Auburn stuff.

Georgia has been doing some illegal bull s*** to try and get him to move but it sounds like Harsin reassured Tank.

Why leave a team you're successful at and obviously going to be the #1 guy?

We gotta quit expecting to lose everything including keeping players.

Just now, Zeek said:

Just from everyone supposedly "in the know" that's been right about a lot lately they believe we're fine.

Harsin will promise the world to keep him. With Worm supposedly leaving Tank and DJ are our only scholarship running backs.

Tank posts nothing but pro-Auburn stuff.

Georgia has been doing some illegal bull s*** to try and get him to move but it sounds like Harsin reassured Tank.

Why leave a team you're successful at and obviously going to be the #1 guy?

We gotta quit expecting to lose everything including keeping players.

This is pretty much the same feeling I have. I’ve just learned, especially this last year, you never know. And we are talking about Kirby smart, so...

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

A Tr FReshman isn't going to come in and start for Auburn, that is NOT a ready to play P5 QB. He is not that. 

Ummm.......you realize that literally just happened last year, right? A True Freshman came in and started at AU. I think Davis could absolutely push for QB1 in his first year.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

He'll be a freshmen. Doesn't matter who his nickname is. Marshall came in as a JOCO jr, and put up those numbers.

A Tr FReshman isn't going to come in and start for Auburn, that is NOT a ready to play P5 QB. He is not that. 

He has a chance to be a quality QB, but he's not going to do it 2021.

I don’t think CBH gives a s*** about Auburn norms and history. He wants to win. I think DD will have a chance to win the job. I want Auburn to win. I don’t care if Pat Nix is happy lol

I’m all for history and tradition, but the only way of building on that is winning TODAY. 

Whoever it was that posted that thread about us being an “everything school” a couple of months ago put a heck of a jinx on us.  Undo that crap.

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Whoever it was that posted that thread about us being an “everything school” a couple of months ago put a heck of a jinx on us.  Undo that crap.

We put out those "State of Auburn" shirts the first week of November 2014. 🤮

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW: Regarding the Tank rumors, the UGA board seemed split on the rumor of a big SEC name in the portal: Tank vs Arik Gilbert. May be a good sign that Arik entered the portal today. 

Too bad we have a million TEs already. I'd love for Gilbert to come in. Weren't we in on him during recruiting? 

51 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ummm.......you realize that literally just happened last year, right? A True Freshman came in and started at AU. I think Davis could absolutely push for QB1 in his first year.

People say the craziest things...

All the more reason to retain Caddy.  He is a good coach, recruiter, provides continuity for our team, and would be a big reason Tank stays.  I don’t see a negative to him staying.  

Archived