* Official Auburn vs. Northwestern Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Well.... UGA is getting stomped..,

So that’s cool....

I wouldn't say stomped. A kickoff return gave Cinci the lead but they've been struggling to move the ball. I'm worried UGA's talent will start to win out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Hell even a speed option to the wide side of the field.

That's what I'm saying at least let him do stuff he's comfortable doing. During games you need to produce. In practice make him stay in the pocket and all that stuff. But you don't give him an opportunity that just mess up his confidence in the future

Just now, dmbseeker00 said:

Like you just said, Cincinnati. My post was pretty obvious of what I was trying to say. 

Seems like the perfect opportunity/year to let an undefeated team from a non-power5, that looks like a very good team, to finally get that shot to play in the 4 team playoff, OVER a ND team that has proven over and over, most recently a week ago. That they cannot compete against these teams (at least when they have their starting QB playing).as for A&M,  A&M at least lost to number 1 months ago vs number 3 a week ago. Maybe there is a chance A&M got better? My 2 cents anyway.

You can't hold the sins of past ND teams against this squad.  That's unfair to the guys on this year's team and is a bad faith argument.  Every season is unique.

However, I do think Cincinnati deserved the spot.

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Best thing I'm taking from this game:

I wish we did our end zones at home like the bowl did today.  Blue with the orange writing would look sweet in JHS.

Been loving this design for years.  Wish we would. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

How refreshing will it be when Harsin has the QB under center running I formation football in the RZ?

Or, at least two backs out of the shotgun.

He can't get in here soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Like you just said, Cincinnati. My post was pretty obvious of what I was trying to say. 

Seems like the perfect opportunity/year to let an undefeated team from a non-power5, that looks like a very good team, to finally get that shot to play in the 4 team playoff, OVER a ND team that has proven over and over, most recently a week ago. That they cannot compete against these teams (at least when they have their starting QB playing).as for A&M,  A&M at least lost to number 1 months ago vs number 3 a week ago. Maybe there is a chance A&M got better? My 2 cents anyway.

$$$$. It's all about the $$$$. ND likely brings more viewers and therefore more revenue. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's what I'm saying at least let him do stuff he's comfortable doing. During games you need to produce. In practice make him stay in the pocket and all that stuff. But you don't give him an opportunity that just mess up his confidence in the future

Yup. Do what you're good at. Practice what you want to be good at.

I'm only cheering for OSU in this round for 1 reason. One of my buds is an OSU guy and has been saying since that rumor that OSU was going to try to play in the SEC so they could have a season that apparently some Vegas projections said the buckeyes would be double digit favorite in every SEC game they played were they to join the conference this year

I just want to see Bama dismantle them so I can bring it up, I'm petty like that lol

Just now, cole256 said:

He can't get in here soon enough. 

I truly think spring practice is gone be a monster culture shock for this team.

Just now, tigerman1186 said:

I thought this was about Auburn football, not Cinn-Ga.?????

It's possible to have multiple conversations.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bro, 3 dive plays up the middle with DJ running behind Pegues likely gets it in...

At least run on first down and see what you got. It's 5 freakin yards. Heck, with the rules now, give to Williams, put Pegues behind Williams  and just push him into the EZ. 

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I bet he's never done that before! Genius idea!

No I meant the whole time. From the looks of things (long passes) he hasn’t touched a ball till now 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I truly think spring practice is gone be a monster culture shock for this team.

I just hope they have one this year. I would think so. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I was thinking we were getting beer by 3 TDs the way people were talking .

It might as well be.  Offense can’t score a touchdown.   Not sure how you can get a better opportunity than first a goal from the 5.   Well, I guess it could be first and goal from the 1

1 minute ago, FatherUppercut said:

I'm only cheering for OSU in this round for 1 reason. One of my buds is an OSU guy and has been saying since that rumor that OSU was going to try to play in the SEC so they could have a season that apparently some Vegas projections said the buckeyes would be double digit favorite in every SEC game they played were they to join the conference this year

I just want to see Bama dismantle them so I can bring it up, I'm petty like that lol

The best value bet anyone can make right now is OSU +900 to win the title.  They have an immense amount of talent.

1 minute ago, FatherUppercut said:

I think people just want to talk positively, and the peach bowl is a beautiful site at the moment

I've been watching way more of the Peach Bowl than our game.  Far more interesting.

Archived