Kevin Steele officially out as AU DC (Merged & updated: 1/5/20)

RunInRed

16 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I hope no one off this staff. If you want to get the Gus out of this team, it starts with his coaches..EVERY ONE.

@Swamp Eaglethere were at least 1 or 2 good ones that didn't turn on Gus. The thought is Harsin will keep 1 or 2 especially since they know the lay of the recruiting land down here & Harsin doesn't.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Swamp Eaglethere were at least 1 or 2 good ones that didn't turn on Gus. The thought is Harsin will keep 1 or 2 especially since they know the lay of the recruiting land down here & Harsin doesn't.

Kodi and Caddy? I’d keep maybe one of those..

10 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Kodi and Caddy? I’d keep maybe one of those..

Kodi needs to be one of the first ones to go.  He's the biggest Gus suckup there is.  

Cadillac is a maybe but I'm much more inclined to completely rip the bandaid off and clean house.  The stench of Gus and his softness needs to be completely removed.  Preseason next year needs to be much like Dye's 1st one where 1/3 of the players either quit or almost did.

Just now, REALTORTiger said:

Kodi needs to be one of the first ones to go.  He's the biggest Gus suckup there is.  

Cadillac is a maybe but I'm much more inclined to completely rip the bandaid off and clean house.  The stench of Gus and his softness needs to be completely removed.  Preseason next year needs to be much like Dye's 1st one where 1/3 of the players either quit or almost did.

I’m for cleaning house. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

What are thoughts on TWill coming back? Does he deserve to be back, or is he part of the problems in the system?

Don’t want him.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Don’t want him.

Me either.  Overrated recruiter.  Average at coaching his position.  We could do better, IMO.  

Garner's fat butt also needs to be one of the first one to go.  Tonight.

I don't think many of you understand coaching changes.  A new HC worth his salt is going to want his own people.  I'd bet Steele is bought out tonight. 

Coaching CFB isn't about who loves your school the most.  It's just not.  They're all mercenaries.  All of them.  

5 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

What are thoughts on TWill coming back? Does he deserve to be back, or is he part of the problems in the system?

@Tiger1992 Don't know that he was apart of the same issues Steele & Garner were but he definitely caused some issues per WDE.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If this is true I hope one is Caddy

Just now, REALTORTiger said:

Me either.  Overrated recruiter.  Average at coaching his position.  We could do better, IMO.  

Garner's fat butt also needs to be one of the first one to go.  Tonight.

I’ll be honest; I’m done with the ‘Auburn guy’ BS. The ‘Auburn guys’ allegedly had a ‘hire Steele’ campaign afoot two years ago. We need to get the present ‘Auburn’ out of us to get the true ‘Auburn’ back..if that makes sense. 

11 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Not one Lb recruit ?? That’s awful . He has to go . 

I always said I hoped TWill and Caddy come back. Now Caddy moreso than TWill. In my opinion Coach Harsin’s first call needs to be to Marcus Freeman to try and get him on Campus. I think he’d be a great recruiter for the defense. 

Kodi had to learn the wide receiver position, because he didn't pan out at the QB position. A short time later, he is coaching wide receivers. Does anything in that scenario make sense? A totally "Gus", move. Man I could shout, now that he is gone. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The only one I'd keep is Caddy and that's only if we can't get Dell

Thats basically where I'm at. Nothing against the others, but we've had years of mediocrity from most of them. Granted they may have been hampered in some instances by Gus's oversight/micro managing but we've not really seen consistent improvement through coaching. Wholesale change removes all doubt. Sink or swim. 

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

I think our first hire should be Strength and Conditioning coach and we need a great one

I’ve asked before if S&C is a position that Harsin gets to choose himself. I’m glad that is the case. We need a new one badly. 

Archived