Kevin Steele officially out as AU DC (Merged & updated: 1/5/20)

RunInRed

1 hour ago, JTFazz said:

This has already been asked and answered, but is it true Steele's buyout is $5 million?

Think total staff buyout is around $8.3M

Not sure about buyout reduction clauses for any salary they receive during the 2021 season though. 

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2021/01/01/auburn-football-assistant-coach-contracts-gus-malzahn-bryan-harsin-kevin-steele/4083275001/

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Think total staff buyout is around $8.3M

Not sure about buyout reduction clauses for any salary they receive during the 2021 season though. 

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2021/01/01/auburn-football-assistant-coach-contracts-gus-malzahn-bryan-harsin-kevin-steele/4083275001/

Looks like Caddy is underpaid (compared to the others). 

29 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

Looks like Caddy is underpaid (compared to the others). 

Could be because he had no power 5 coaching experience outside of high school up until 2019

39 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Could be because he had no power 5 coaching experience outside of high school up until 2019

Good point.

I scrolled past him and then saw Kodi and though “wow.”

McGriff makes makes even less with SEC experience, so who knows.

• ellitor changed the title to Kevin Steele officially out as AU DC (Merged & updated: 1/5/20)
On 1/2/2021 at 10:38 PM, dilligas said:

It is reported that Steele is a candidate for the ISCe DC job.

Iowa State Cyclones East?

On 1/1/2021 at 1:16 PM, RunInRed said:

Update 1/5/20: Officially fired per JGT

🥳🥳🥳

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What a fall from grace with this guy. Fascinating. All part of the Auburn roller coaster ride. Wheeeeeeeee

Yup. 

Y4E.gif

9 minutes ago, dilligas said:

LOL.  Was supposed to be USCe.

I'd take ISCe -3 right now if they played...

On 1/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, bigbird said:

The only one I'd keep is Caddy and that's only if we can't get Dell

Not saying Dell would go for this, but what if it ended up being Lebby and Dell as Co-OCs with Lebby coaching QBs and Dell coaching WRs (he played DB, so I’m assuming he should be able to make the transition if he made the transition to coaching RBs)? Then, we could keep Caddy at RB coach and go hire a legit OL coach and TE coach. I’d be ecstatic about it haha. 

Actually I wonder if Steele was surprised at the backlash. I’m thinking he had to be or would never have tried it in the first place. Must have thought more of himself than the AU fan base.

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Actually I wonder if Steele was surprised at the backlash. I’m thinking he had to be or would never have tried it in the first place. Must have thought more of himself than the AU fan base.

I have been thinking about this mess quite a bit. With all the speculation, it is hard to feel one type of way or another. I am sure the PTB that tried to orchestrate this coupe made him believe it. "It's AU Kevin, the Fans will be so happy that you are taking over just because we got rid of Gus".

I am glad he is gone. I honestly would only keep Twill.

Being they wanted Steele, they would have had a better chance to have him if they fired Gus after Carolina loss, placed Steele as interim.  If the team improved, it would have been easy to slide that tag off of him.  Lucky for us they didn't think that part through. 

Archived