Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

I expect to get ‘raped over the coals’ for this, but here goes.

I don’t trust any QB that Gus recruited out of HS and has coached. I’m seeing the same type of inconsistent, bad technique and mechanics for the second year in a row. I will not be shocked or disappointed if he isn’t in the mix next season.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will absolutely be in the mix next year. It will take something catastrophic for him to not be starter. DD has lots of potential but I firmly believe BN will be starting game 1 next year

Or maybe Gus is such a bad QB coach and his system is terrible, we might see Bo getting coached up in an offense that is above 6A HS level. 

He's got talent...and we don't have anyone else 

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Or maybe Gus is such a bad QB coach and his system is terrible, we might see Bo getting coached up in an offense that is above 6A HS level. 

If he’s gonna be playing, we better hope he gets coached up. Or he may already be at his ceiling.

He is not good, has never been good and has been completely overrated the entire time he's been the Auburn QB.  

He's tough and loves Auburn, but he has very little arm talent.  He is comically inaccurate and his arm strength is average at best.

1 minute ago, REALTORTiger said:

He is not good, has never been good and has been completely overrated the entire time he's been the Auburn QB.  

He's tough and loves Auburn, but he has very little arm talent.  He is comically inaccurate and his arm strength is average at best.

His inaccuracies come from poor mechanics and coaching. 

He's got enough arm talent to be successful in college 

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If he’s gonna be playing, we better hope he gets coached up. Or he may already be at his ceiling.

If he's not playing we'll be lucky to win 6 games next year. We don't have a QB on our roster or coming in that is talented enough. 

I'm not giving up on Bo until I see him with legitimate coaches. He's got talent, he just needs to be molded 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

His inaccuracies come from poor mechanics and coaching. 

He's got enough arm talent to be successful in college 

Meh.  Maybe enough to be 8-4.  

Seen enough of that.

That's who he is.  Just good enough to not be terrible, not good enough to be championship level.  Ever.  

Just now, REALTORTiger said:

Meh.  Maybe enough to be 8-4.  

Seen enough of that.

That's who he is.  Just good enough to not be terrible, not good enough to be championship level.  Ever.  

He Mac Jones has a weak arm and look at Bama

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I’m sorry to disagree but I just don’t see it.  He is soooo inconsistent that it’s mind blowing considering he is the son of a former college qb and college offensive coordinator.   

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Preeeeeeeeetty sure it's "raked" over the coals, boss.

I'd hope stupid saying from the Bunker would just say there

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yeah...I couldn’t even read the rest of his post after that. 

It’s a popular ‘Bunkerism.’ Totally on purpose, Shock. And pay attention to anything between apostrophes....that’s a critical clue.

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He Mac Jones has a weak arm and look at Bama

Mac Jones is 5X as good as Bo Nix and keep believing that he isn't.  

Bo Nix won't even be drafted and Jones is about to be a 1st round DP. 

Take off the blinders.  He's not good.  Just because someone loves Auburn and is a good kid doesn't make them good.

Truthfully after the Steele fiasco we will never know if Nix was chosen to start because he was the best qb or the one the boosters wanted. I am so glad that Harsin will be evaluating the next qb and feel pretty confident that the position will be given to the best option. There will be a quarterback race

4 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Take off the blinders.  He's not good.  Just because someone loves Auburn and is a good kid doesn't make them good.

Mac also has 5x the talent around him. This isn't a single issue. Its multifaceted. 

For me, it’s not really about Bo so much as it is Gus.  Unless Bo is an exception, which I don’t think he is, Gus did not develop one solitary QB that he recruited out of HS. In 8 years...not ONE. Which is bad scouting and bad coaching; a recipe for what we’ve seen for a second straight year.  Bo probably should get a mulligan, but next year we’ll know for sure either way.

Anyone who says Bo doesn’t have arm talent is crazy.  The fact is he has all the intangibles (arm, athleticism, family pedigree, confidence, toughness) and none of the tangibles that are learned (footwork, receiver selection, pocket presence, throwing motion, etc.).  I don’t know if Harsin will be able to unteach all of his bad habits. 

I personally can’t bring myself to judge a QB and come up with an opinion on one when they are plying under Gus. I think Coach Harsin needs to come in and have an open competition at every position but especially QB. Davis is a baddddd dude. I’d be shocked if he didn’t push Nix for the starting spot. 

52 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I expect to get ‘raped over the coals’ for this, but here goes.

I don’t trust any QB that Gus recruited out of HS and has coached. I’m seeing the same type of inconsistent, bad technique and mechanics for the second year in a row. I will not be shocked or disappointed if he isn’t in the mix next season.

Raked bud not raped lol

Bo will be fine. If not Dee will come in and be a baller.

11 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

I could give a s*** about what he loves. I didn't compare him as a QB to Mac, just arms strength. You claim QBs with Avg arms can't be good. That's not true. 

I've pointed out his issues and recognize them. I also recognize he's had absolutely terrible coaching and been in horrendous offensive system. 

I'm not ready to write him off yet. He has talent. He will benefit from better coaching 

9 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

For me, it’s not really about Bo so much as it is Gus.  Unless Bo is an exception, which I don’t think he is, Gus did not develop one solitary QB that he recruited out of HS. In 8 years...not ONE. Which is bad scouting and bad coaching; a recipe for what we’ve seen for a second straight year.  Bo probably should get a mulligan, but next year we’ll know for sure either way.

Right. 

Bo isn't absolved of any guilt, but a lot of this has to deal with Gus. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Raked bud not raped lol

Bo will be fine. If not Dee will come in and be a baller.

C’mon guys! Are there no former Bunkerites up in here? You’ve never seen the Bunkerism list? 

“raped over the coals”

”pocket presents”

Someone in the know help me out here! 

33 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Preeeeeeeeetty sure it's "raked" over the coals, boss.

Although, getting raped over the coals would be much worse

Archived